mongoose1983

RC project for 2015: Dodge A-100 2wd Puller

Looking good Erich :D! I always like to see what you do with spares, leftovers, and broken parts that most of us toss in the trash.

Going along with the idea of names that Chris said, I like "Wild Boar" for your puller.

• Like 1

Well, I got this Parma/Yokomo motor this morning as part of a trade. I thought it would work good on this little truck. I also drilled the frame rails, and I'm trying prototype crossmembers for it (therefore what you'll see here is not finished, nor definitive).

So far I haven't been able to find a way to get the front axle there, but I'll come up with some idea for that later. In the meantime here's a couple of pictures. ;)

01_zpsnj8l6dla.jpg?t=1425174729

02_zpserbwyf9m.jpg?t=1425174728

The finished thing will be MUCH lower than what you can see here.

03_zpsjytt8eel.jpg?t=1425174726

04_zpsjawz76ry.jpg?t=1425174724

05_zpsi9ojksk9.jpg?t=1425174727

You all have a good week! :)

• Like 1

Looking good in Gold Erich, interesting as such and I can't wait to see what is next. Keep up the good work and I hope you don't lose too much time in March when you get back to lecturing.

I love the gold. But I would remove the parachute. Totally out of place on a puller.

Some Grasshopper 1.5 paddles would look good on the back. I've also seen chevron treaded tires in a 1.5"

• Like 1

I love the gold. But I would remove the parachute. Totally out of place on a puller.

Some Grasshopper 1.5 paddles would look good on the back. I've also seen chevron treaded tires in a 1.5"

Thanks for the comment on the color. Actually, I didn't have much choice, but I'm glad it worked alright. Fortunately the parachute can be removed. I'll be able to do that once I get the chassis ready. I don't have much time nowadays to resume the work on this project, sadly.

As for tires, the Hopper/Scorcher paddles would make it look more like a sand drag racer. Oh, and I know those 1.55 CRP chevron tires. I once had a pair but had to sell them. I remembered them now that I got this Reed's gold nugget puller over my workbench, but my budget is too tight to go back to them now or to anything else for that matter. I think I'll do with what I have here, and I do believe you're going to like the finished truck. ;)

Okay a little update here. For months now this project's been forgotten and stored in a box, far from any day light. Now I got what was needed to fix the front axle to the aluminum chassis' rails. I have to make a couple of crossmembers to get it going and finally get the leafers there with the axle. Here's some pictures and I think you'll see what direction this RC project is taking. Now don't expect this to be completed any time soon as I have so many different things to do these days, but I am resuming the work on this one and I'll try to make it alright ;)

IMG_4094_zpsydspacay.jpg

IMG_4097_zpstrjcvdlu.jpg

IMG_4103_zpsyftdiscs.jpg

IMG_4107_zpssdfcmj4k.jpg

IMG_4112_zpsnftxozhv.jpg

IMG_4114_zpsvjy4o1xw.jpg

You all have a great Sunday! :)

• Like 2

Well, the front axle is ready, the chassis must be completely re-done, and I happened to receive a extra GH axle for this project, after having to sell the one I had for this one last January.
Anyway, I got a used pair of Pro-Line 1.55 Chevron tires for this one. Thanks to Douglas (TCer Nish2u2 in WA, USA) who kindly donated them for this project, they're just perfect!! I got to shave them last night and got them over an old pair of Sand Scorcher wheels. I have to thank TCer pintopower for the inner piece of these SS wheels. Thank you Alberto! Also, I have not finished getting them ready. I have to fix the wheels (cleaning, filling, etcetera) and use the dremel tool to round a bit the paddles to make them look perfect. I'm chuffed with these tires, they're just perfect for what I had in mind for this custom vehicle. :wub:

Some pictures:

Dodge A-100 tires 03 pro-line mod photo Dodge A-100 tires 01_zpsciaadx0a.jpg

Dodge A-100 tires 02 RC puller photo Dodge A-100 tires 02_zpst0okkvgs.jpg

Dodge A-100 tires 01 photo Dodge A-100 tires 03_zpsipeayj7g.jpg

You all have a fantastic weekend! :)

• Like 4

Hi Erich,

great to see you are still at it :)

Keep up the good work,looking forward to see this,front wheels skywards ;)

BR,

Simon.

• Like 1