raysan

Recievers compatible with Futaba FAAST 2.4ghz system

I was wandering if anyone has any experience with receivers that are compatible with the Futaba FAAST system? I have seen some frsky ones available but am not sure if they will work or not with the 3PKS with a faast system 2.4ghz module in the transmitter. I did try the V-F-TFR8 by frsky but it doesn't work with this system.

Any clues or even better any experience with a compatible receiver that works?

I only need 2 or 3 channels.

cheers

Futaba invented the FAAST system / logic. It is about as good as 2.4GHz can be. For my piece of mind when driving a $500+ model, a genuine Futaba FAAST RX ( online approx $80 ) is a good investment.

Mate i hear you, preaching to the converted here, that's why i've ended up with over 10 of the things. :) Don't worry my baja's have full digital and proper faast gear. But i do see a use for a cheaper option in some of my runners that don't get used a lot hence my question. I don't like constantly having to swap receivers, maybe i'm lazy, and in some of the older Tamiya cars it is a plain pain is the neck to even access the receivers. I like my 3pks and i really like the menu and ease of functionality B) and unlike a lot of electronic stuff out there it is painless for me to use. Techno dinosaur i am, and once i've figured something out i like to stick with it, just that even though id like to be a blokes not made of money and at some point i need to say enough good set ups and time for a few other options.

i don't like the cheaper 2.4ghz radios that i have, the menu's are a headache :wacko: and even though the recievers for them cost under 10 bucks i'd still prefer to use my decent controller.

Any info on a reliable option would be gladly listened to. There is one called frsky TFR8S.....rekons it is also for surface 3pk and 4pk? Anybody had any experience with one of these?

From what I've seen, the Orange, FrSky, and Corona FASST compatible receivers are all made for "air" radios, not the PM/PKS series. Even when using genuine Futaba FASST receivers it looks like there is a distinction between the surface and air 2.4GHz systems when it comes down to what works.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/receivers/fhss-s-fhss-compat.html

If I can free up some time I'll see if the Orange and Corona receivers I bought for using with 6EX transmitters work with my 3PM systems.

FWIW, I gave up after spending a small fortune on R603FF recievers and switched the vintage/basher/seldom run pieces in my collection to Flysky GT3B systems a while ago. Was nice being able to get the radio and 9 more receivers for all the presets on the thing for the price of a single R603FF.