Dalid

RWD Drift TT01-R 4x2

I had convert my TT01-R into a nice rear wheel drive drifter, they are tutchy to setup but run overly well on small track and made some people jealous!

Tamiya TT-01R Type-E with

Tamiya LightlyTuned motor

Redcat gyro

Redcat metal servo

All Tam's upgrades and 3racing knuckle

Spektrum 6ch plane receiver

Soft MST rear tire and medium front

Putting stuff together and greatly suprise, shaft-props feel reactive and bathtub plastic frame are really stiff like graphite. I also got really slow servo that I found really smooth

527707image374.jpg

511711image668.jpg

565457image448.jpg

478202image444.jpg

430411image745.jpg

Those are my funny canadian winter body to go on!

778043image696.jpg

848069image217.jpg

Link of the car in action :

Looking good. I've got a RWD TR-01R Type E, set up for grip though. How come you're still running the prop shaft?

Looks great. If it is running in rwd why don't you remove the prop shaft?

Edit: beaten to it.

Happy to heard that you anderstand my broke english!. I put back front diff only remove the front drive-shaft and cup. Keeping the front assembly seem to smooth the drivetrain a little and less noisy or maybe it look nice!? Redcat 20$ gyro give god result on curvy track but did not allow me to sideways strait curve since he bring me back on strait line like "AVS"Spektrum

Just bought this one, god it drift well and I didnt even start a drift setup still got stock hard spring

743178image857.jpg

300682image112.jpg

I use to

• Like 1

I suppose that makes sense as it would take any harsh vibrations and spread them out over the full drivetrain.

I use a small helicopter gyro on my M04XL and it's really effective, again that's set up for grip. I can adjust how sensitive it is so that i can let the tail hang out a little. I think a gyro is a must with a rwd set-up, although not all of mine have one. Yet!

I like the look of the second chassis - what is it? I've never had a belt driven car before.

Yes I done couple of days without gyro and can barely drift on 1 or 2 curves. On carpet I found impossible to have fun without gyro or hard to follow anyone. Cant even imagine on slippy surface!. I found that RWD is not really more difficult than a high CS setup since it slow down the machine and curve are more predictable and you got a gyro assist. And setup/mechanic begin little bit more easier since I work on the car to make it grip!

Second drifter is my new TA06PRO with upgrade kit, its actually 4x4 with a little CS love it I drove all my helicopter, car planes and drone with my stick radio walkera Devo8S that is crack for every protocol such as spektrum dsm2/X, JR, Flysky etc

I never put faster servo than .15sec I choose the stronger/slower version OR I low rate the servo speed on my transmitter. It was 150% now 100%, at 50% it was a cow! That help me a lot.

At the begining Never found drift interresting had done offroad and onroad race but drifting is relax, no schedule no timer. The fun things is do whatever you can but slide some guys run theyr Flux 4400Kv me I run 20t TamiyA motor that I just found beautiful. Some took off all the damper fluid and some other put 100 grade silicone in them and we are in the same track!

Yup I forgot that! But it go little further than where the frame start. Turn more than MST ms01 rtr. In curvesInside wheel are stop by the frame soo that induce drift more easily and goes overpenny and my rear diff is lock but It cant moove a little from left to right for me it help a lot in transition

You can get more steer from lot of things thought not only steer angle

No steering angle shots? RWD drifters always show off their steering angle, like RC crawlers showing of their flex. :)

Dorvack.