tri_fin

Sand Scorcher body post for Super Champ servo saver

I am not sure if there are any around. I have looked pretty hard but if there are any out there I think this is the place to found out.

So far, I have a picture of one from the guy who made some a few years ago but sadly he doesn't have the dimensions anymore. I think a new Sand Scorcher post just needs slimming down (on a lathe) to fit the Super Champ servo saver. I wanted to see if I could find a ready made post before buying a new post and then trying to get it machined down. If I do I would be happy to get one done for you at the same time.

I have been comparing the posts from the manuals and I think you are right. It would just need lathing down to the same size. Unfortunately I do not have a lathe! Do let me know if you press ahead.

hi guys

I have made these in the past. I made a post that fits thru the champ servo saver and then you fit an original scorcher body post on top

only take minutes to make.i haven't got any at the minute but if you would like one I can sort you out. will make it then post a picture for you to look at

just let me know

• Like 2

i have what I think is one but picture won't work

I am interested too.

Can you PM photos to us all?

I could send you my email in a PM and you could send it to me?

Thanks.

I am interested too.

Can you PM photos to us all?

Or if one of us gets the pic we can try and post it on here - I will ask the owner of the photo I have if it is ok to show it online...

Hopefully this will be a useful thread!

hi guys

not got a clue how to put pictures on here so I have put them on the main club site .

any help with the uploading of pictures please let me know. if there is a how to guide please post the link.

let me know what you think of the parts

Looks great!!!

Hard to tell the dimensions from the pics - the hole in my servo saver is just under 5mm and about 27mm long. Same as yours?

hi

dimension are

5.9dia by 27 long then 6.95dia to a total length of 43mm

hope this helps

That's it! I just checked mine and the hole is 5.9mm.

How can I (we) get one off you?

hi guys

not got a clue how to put pictures on here so I have put them on the main club site .

any help with the uploading of pictures please let me know. if there is a how to guide please post the link.

let me know what you think of the parts

I worked out how to post pictures. You need to choose the 'More Reply Options' button its at the bottom right of the 'Reply to this topic' box next to the 'Post' button. Once you click on that you get the option to attach pics. Kind of hard to explain but hopefully you can see it now..

Just figured out how to post pics and respond...a bit complicated from other forums, lol. Regardless, I bought one of those Super Champ to Sand Scorcher posts a long time ago...I think it might have been one of his first ones. Almost done with this model, just waiting for some led light kits then will be painting it Key Lime Green Pearl.

I have got a mini lathe in my cave. Is it just about to turn down the shaft of a stock SS Body post to fit the SC-Servo saver? I have a SC-Servo saver somewhere but no SS Body post to make a test run. Let me know if it is still required so I could make a test start though.