Ok, i did not knew that all ESCs are capable of running LiPo Packs.

So i have to buy a Charger, 10 Lipo Packs, LiPo Low Voltage Alarms and a firesave Chargingbox (All My Cars are stored in a wooden Cabin in the Woods) in the winter there are -5 Degrees Celsius (if i  heat the Oven there is 25 degrees in a few Hours) an in the Summer there are 38 Degrees Celsius Maximum.

Iḿ also a little bit afraid of using LiPos, because of the Risk of Fire and i dont know if there are LiPos in the classic Stick Style.

4 minutes ago, whahooo said:

Ok, i did not knew that all ESCs are capable of running LiPo Packs.

So i have to buy a Charger, 10 Lipo Packs, LiPo Low Voltage Alarms and a firesave Chargingbox (All My Cars are stored in a wooden Cabin in the Woods) in the winter there are -5 Degrees Celsius (if i  heat the Oven there is 25 degrees in a few Hours) an in the Summer there are 38 Degrees Celsius Maximum.

Iḿ also a little bit afraid of using LiPos, because of the Risk of Fire and i dont know if there are LiPos in the classic Stick Style.

You can get LiPos in classic stick style, I've got 2 hard case packs for running my vintage tamiyas and I think they're about 4000mah.

You've got a fair degree of temperature extremes there for storage, you might need to check if that's within their operating range. If you want a cheap storage solution, old ammunition boxes are a good idea as they are airtight and fairly substantial / fireproof. 10 LiPos is a lot to buy from the outset, I think I'd invest in the charger and a couple of classic stick packs to start with, and see how you get on with them.

The Lipo alarms can be had on Ebay for less than £5 => http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BX100-Check-0-01V-Tester-Low-Voltage-Buzzer-Alarm-for-1-8S-LiPo-Battery-RC374-/162192719166?epid=843056210&hash=item25c3707d3e:g:8-cAAOSwsTdZcJpU

Here is what use in mine RC4wd 20 turn rock crawler motors on 2S lipo they are plenty fast for a clod or bullhead and there like $10.00 ea!

My bullhead with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

that zero timing thing is a bad suggestion, you will loose torque and speed.  Just reverse the advanced timing in the rear motor.

I run 3s lipo on silvercans with a Quicrun 860 and despite best efforts, I am yet to find a better combo which works with the chassis.

Well bar 3s lipo, 860, Superstock BZs (one tab cut reverse timed) but that ends up upside down or doing rapid breaking forward flips etc mostly. Those motors have torques.....

Hello, it's me again.

I'm still no fan of Lipos.

All of my Cars are in a wooden House, in winter the Temperatures get under 0°C.

So i'm afraid to ruin either the Batteries or my House through fire.

Lot of People use 15 Turn HPI Firebolts.

Aren't they Timed?

What ESC do i need to run them? (Quickrun 860?)

My local Shopguy tells me that the Superstock Tamiya ones not only are timed (that wouldn't be a Problem), but they are "forward" motors because of the direction of the Brushes.....

So the superstocks aren't good at running in Reverse.

Do the RC4wd 20T Motors work in both directions? Would they give me an advantage over silvercans if i still use Stickpacks?

The RC4WD motors will work in Clods, no problem.  I run their 45-55t motors in my Clod crawlers. 

I run the 15t Firebolts in one truck, they are zero timing I believe.  They are also very underwhelming on 2S, decent speed but a noticeable loss in torque.  They run very well on 3S, you just need an ESC to support the voltage (I run a Super Duty XR).  

The Hobbywing 860 is a great ESC, but will not handle Firebolts on 3S.  You'll be fine on 2S, but it will not be fast.  

Just noticed you don't want to run lipos.  The easiest way to make a Clod move is more voltage, and lipos are the best way to do it in my opinion.   Just get an ammo can and store them in there.  That's what I do and never had an issue.  

One of my favorite Clods runs the stock silver cans on 3 or 4s lipo and it goes pretty good.  Motors are cheap, plenty of speed & torque.  THe silver cans seems to handle the higher voltage better than Firebolts and other modifed motors.

• Like 1

I'll echo what @87lc2 said. I have Firebolts and Super Duty XRs or EVXs in most of my Clods/TXTs.

It gets below 0c here in NZ in the winter sometimes too, especially further south. Nobody has problems with LiPos and cold weather here. 

Buy a charger as above with Lipo compatibility, square packs fit the Clod Buster if you note where the battery wires come out. And the 860 ESC has a Lipo cut off. Just get some steel 13 tooth pinions. Done.

I made a interesting discovery.

The new Sport Tuned Motors are 23t (stated on the Box), so i wonder if they could be used in a Clod.

If they are 23T and not timed it could be a very good Upgrade to the Clodbusters busting around.

Here is a comparison Video between a Silver Can, a timed Blach Sport Tuned, the new silver Sport Tuned and a Chinese rip of Sport Tuned Motor: