vtecboost

NEW Porsche 911GT2 Club Sport TA02SW

the ta02 is one of the most reliable chassis out there ,sure there more capable but for a 20 plus year old chassis there is still heaps of support for it in the aftermarket and if you hunt hard enough you can still get original hop ups for a decent price compared to say a ta03.

One hit nailed it. The rere body from a few years ago had black abs parts but this rere has white. I'll be teaming my rere unpunched body with the white molded parts and some phantom body mounts when I build the new kit, and using the pre punched body from the new street version kit with the black molded parts From the rere body on my original 58172 kit :)

• Like 1

Just a heads up, Tamiya USA has now marked this model as discontinued

I thought they would do at lease another run...

And RcMart have deleted their listing of it. Shame as I wanted 2 more!

Just a heads up, Tamiya USA has now marked this model as discontinued

Yeah, I too noticed that in the beginning of last week. I had been keeping an eye on this kit since I first read about it a couple of weeks ago. When I saw it was discontinued I decided to order one from Tamico, in case prices goes up as stocks starts to run low (since it was already out of stock at the HK shops). I found this thread and was thinking about giving you guys a heads up that it's been discontinued, but had to wait over a week to get registered on this forum.

Anyway, already got my kit at home, together with a cheap Carson servo. The kit will only see some occasional light running, so no fancy electronics and only some basics hopups. Ordered a set of ball bearings from HK, will be waiting for those before I build it. Feels like it will be a loooong wait...

I'm not sure about how to do the body. White (like the manual suggests) is perhaps my favorite color on cars and this car looks great in white. Silver (box art) also looks good. I have even been thinking of getting decals and making a Taisan replica. What I don't like about that is that you have to paint the white plastic parts black, and as soon as they get a scratch the white plastic will shine through.

It will be interesting to see if the likes of Siedel get a supply of spare chassis parts such as the gearbox casings etc. At the moment all they have is body parts.

It will be interesting to see if the likes of Siedel get a supply of spare chassis parts such as the gearbox casings etc. At the moment all they have is body parts.

They have the body set of the re-release version as well as the white plastic body parts and the manual of the re-release. This suggests they have opened some boxes and are selling the parts individually. That means they should have the grey chassis parts too, unless they already sold out.

They also have the black body parts, as well as a body set including black parts, minus decals.

They have the body set of the re-release version as well as the white plastic body parts and the manual of the re-release. This suggests they have opened some boxes and are selling the parts individually. That means they should have the grey chassis parts too, unless they already sold out.

They also have the black body parts, as well as a body set including black parts, minus decals.

Not necessarily, as they manage to source many spare parts for kits that were in short supply. For instance, they have just about all of the Fighting Buggy chassis parts available as spares. These parts are practically impossible to find on the likes of ebay etc.

Not necessarily, as they manage to source many spare parts for kits that were in short supply. For instance, they have just about all of the Fighting Buggy chassis parts available as spares. These parts are practically impossible to find on the likes of ebay etc.

Yeah, but the re-release body set and white plastic body parts were not released as spare parts. So it must have come from the complete kit (#84399).

Yeah, but the re-release body set and white plastic body parts were not released as spare parts. So it must have come from the complete kit (#84399).

We don't know that yet though, the kit has only been out for a matter of weeks.

Ask our friend, member "Mokei Kagaku" , who has good contacts connected to Tamiya, and he will inform you about the misconception that Tamiya's spare parts supply is limited.

For those interested, the Tamiya hop up option touring car interior is a great fit in the Porsche.

6cf7b138a392c8b01598fde20051a822.jpg

81618674d2b4a74a2dd573cc5b3bac79.jpg

654c961dc2a3061039c62822ff2f698d.jpg

e595e70077aa6451b5f33421cdd272f4.jpg

02f9ab3d8208226bd1161146e55b9b75.jpg

Just a couple more mods I'm waiting to try and I think I can call this guy ready!

• Like 8

Just a couple more mods I'm waiting to try and I think I can call this guy ready!

Definitely the nicest non-Taisan livery I have seen yet. Love it. B)

• Like 1

That Gulf Porsche turned out great

• Like 1

I've had two tA-02s and wasn't fond of them. But if there ever was a TA02 release to own then this was it, so much kit for so little moolah, such a bargain price, one kit i didn't need but might have justified buying, I snoozed...

What pinion are people running with the skyline gears? I've got a spare RR 22T steel pinion kicking about, saves me buying a new one.

For those interested, the Tamiya hop up option touring car interior is a great fit in the Porsche.

654c961dc2a3061039c62822ff2f698d.jpg

It has never occurred to me before to paint the cockpit floor the same colour as the body.

It makes complete sense, particularly with a car like this. Fantastic work.

Lovely Porsche!

• Like 1

you can run up to a 21t pinion with the stock 74t spur ,you can still get the skyline speed tuned gear set 53127 and that will let you run up to a 25t pinion.