vtecboost

NEW Porsche 911GT2 Club Sport TA02SW

Much better with the Kawadas and much better looking than the RSR!

I don't know, the RSR is a sexy looking body

image_zpse885f0f7.jpg

image_zpsd655f66f.jpg

Looking good!

As a general rule wheels newer than the car = good, wheels older than the car = bad. They are anachronistic and tend to make it look more dated.

By age of the wheel I mean age of the design rather than they physical manufacturing date of them.

1970s Fuchs on a 1990s GT2 look strange but the Kawadas look great :)

• Like 1

I don't know, the RSR is a sexy looking body

image_zpse885f0f7.jpg

image_zpsd655f66f.jpg

I do love the RS and RSR, but I just love the GT2 body with it's flares a bit more. I've just finished an RS body, just need to find the right chassis for it, and to decide which wheels I will use.

f6dc0c3a7a0ca4ec205cf1286c20b918.jpg

b08eab1e187fab8483bead6e070d3ca4.jpg

3671d611d5b46e3593357d370826c70a.jpg

• Like 1

I do love the RS and RSR, but I just love the GT2 body with it's flares a bit more. I've just finished an RS body, just need to find the right chassis for it, and to decide which wheels I will use.

f6dc0c3a7a0ca4ec205cf1286c20b918.jpg

b08eab1e187fab8483bead6e070d3ca4.jpg

3671d611d5b46e3593357d370826c70a.jpg

I like the all black rims in the last picture. The give validation to the matte black pain. IMHO.
  • Like 1

Thanks Dave, I was leaning towards the all black, and the mesh pattern on the rear. Just need a chassis that can be 251mm. If I have to, I'll go the TT02 route, but I'd rather something that performs a little better.

not the full rere but thanks to the rere (and tonys tamiya parts) my TA02frp chassis is getting Silver gear boxes!

gA0P1sG.jpg

• Like 1

I've just finished an RS body, just need to find the right chassis for it, and to decide which wheels I will use.

On my Blue RSR I used a a TRF 415 chassis. I had to flip the rear arms and switch the front arms out but I was able to get the chassis down to fit the 251mm body

image_zps3e026bf8.jpg

• Like 1

Finally finished. I found my missing decals I needed. This body was taking me a while to finish. Filling in the wings holes and smoothing them out took the most amount of time .

09.12.15%20001_zpszno3whrn.jpg

• Like 11

Finally finished. I found my missing decals I needed. This body was taking me a while to finish. Filling in the wings holes and smoothing them out took the most amount of time .

09.12.15%20001_zpszno3whrn.jpg

That is ridiculously nice looking. Those wheel nuts are awesome.

• Like 1

fZmWWYf.jpg

Ordered paint for mine. Will be going for silver. Was thinking of white first because I like white cars, but on an RC body it doesn't look good unless you do the panel lines realistically to break off all the white. Also I think a darker color does the curvature of this particular body more justice.

The small shop where I ordered the paint also had a small selection of vintage hopups listed, for only a fraction of the price they go for on eBay. It was pretty much a no-brainer to get them all. The original plan was to install them at some point but now that I have them I feel like leaving them NIP.

• Like 1

Shodog those wheels look great, loving the centre nut which I missed at first, what are they?

Looks really good and PUT THOSE PARTS TO USE!!!! @ Shodog, thinking the panel lines need doing, but it looks great.

Shodog those wheels look great, loving the centre nut which I missed at first, what are they?

Super Scale nuts from Rogue Elements. The little Porsche emblems from the HPI cup racer Porsche decal sheet.

09.12.15%20003_zpsb7y16umx.jpg

• Like 1

need to repain the rear piece. colors dont match up.

and add panel lines.

12033054_10153706012208035_6934456085552

Nice work. I'm going to do the white... which two whites do you think will match... ???

just spray the wing with the PS white paint and put a clear coat over it. That is what I did with my Martini body.

just spray the wing with the PS white paint and put a clear coat over it. That is what I did with my Martini body.

I did the same, came out just fine.

Yea I should have done that. I used TS for the plastic. Now I need to strip it and redo with PS.

The color is actually the pearl white.

I finished the body last weekend.

DyWpjnQ.jpg

Windows, headlights, taillights and even indicators (for some reason) masked. I plan on getting the light bucket set from the GT3 kit. Painted with Tamiya PS silver. ABS plastic parts also painted with PS.

AkjA2ki.jpg

I skipped the silver decals for the mirrors (which are the same color as the body anyway). Instead I used thin double sided tape and aluminium foil for a more mirror-like finish. The result is "functional" side mirrors.

OKKggSn.jpg

Another detail I added myself. I cut a piece of a matt black decal sheet and put it under the intercooler decal to emulate the look of a dark engine bay beneath the intercooler.

6rrhhSh.jpg

This is how it turned out. I only added the decals necessary to make it look like a road car. Left out the race car stuff like hood pins, killswitch and fuel filler door. Also left out the door handle decals since I think they would too visible. The door handles stand out quite well even without the decals. I didn't use the exhaust decals since they are really ugly. I plan on cutting out the muffler recesses if I get hold of some kind of muffler to put in them.

4OJ9rPl.jpg

qHYkPEK.jpg

The ugly headlight stickers have been left out since I will be getting light buckets. Also cut stone chip guards (as seen on many aircooled 911's) from a black decal sheet and put them on the rear fenders.

kmzs7O4.jpg

I think it tuned out real nice.

ddwq98O.jpg

Since it sits on the shelf, I've set the body low. It sits on the shock tower in front and on the lowest body post hole in the rear. Too low to run without the front tires rubbing the inside of the body. If you look closely you can see that I skipped the silver decal for the splitter lip (same color as body anyway) and used a carbon fiber pattern decal sheet insted.

Wv0XvfM.jpg

4I8tYHa.jpg

Additional view of the carbon fiber splitter lip.

etXtk3z.jpg

Lastly I optimized the packaging of the electronics. The included ESC just fits in the empty space in the tub behind the servo if placed on its side. It looks much nicer than placing the ESC on the top deck (as the manual suggests) since that makes for a tall packaging with a lot of unused space in the tub. Now it is much more slimmed with only the receiver placed on the top deck. I tried to bunch the cables up and keep them away as much as possible.

• Like 4

need to repain the rear piece. colors dont match up.

and add panel lines.

12033054_10153706012208035_6934456085552

12072797_10153706012313035_6312002131838

Which wing did you add?

Which clear coat did you use. ? Was it TS-13 clear...