vtecboost

NEW Porsche 911GT2 Club Sport TA02SW

Would really like to see those ******* stickers up close. I hear some of their work is not quite up to our exacting standards.

• Like 1

11503452686_a94920bd8b_c.jpg

How have you done the panel gap lines? A lot of cars I've seen they look to thick but those looks spot on!

• Like 3

Thanks! Rewind in the hot tub time machine… I think I did those with Sharpie extra fine black pen and light touch. I'm an Art Director, Illustrator, designer and having years of experience with Rapidograph ink pens really helped.

Cheers, Thompson

Would really like to see those ******* stickers up close. I hear some of their work is not quite up to our exacting standards.

I just ordered a set from them for a different project (Porsche 959—***** / MF-01X mix) and the reproduction set looks pretty impressive. Enough so, that I'd wouldn't hesitate to purchase this Champion USA set, just need to source a spare 911GT2 body shell! While not exacting Tamiya replica, I'm impressed, they seem to be silkscreened or if not really nice digital version. At first glance out of the package, the white appears to be opaque. I'm an Art Director, designer and create my own stickers for different liveries and also decals for some the 1/32 scale slot enthusiasts. I'll have another report after applying the vinyl using a heat gun and seeing how well it really lays down and forms.

Cheers, Thompson

Dimples for the wing mirrors appear to be offset i.e not aligned - right hand side is to rear of front pillar, left hand side in front. That's a mould error right, and they should be mounted in same place on both doors? Thought I'd ask before I get busy with the drill (slow pace I know, busy with work/family/other hobbies!)

They are supposed to be that way. If you notice, the left and right mirrors are shaped differently.

Dimples for the wing mirrors appear to be offset i.e not aligned - right hand side is to rear of front pillar, left hand side in front. That's a mould error right, and they should be mounted in same place on both doors? Thought I'd ask before I get busy with the drill (slow pace I know, busy with work/family/other hobbies!)

This is correct, it's like this on my 1:1 993 as well... :)

Correct, it's because of the position of the mirrors relative to the A pillars. The opposite mirror was obscured from the driver so they made them offset to compensate. It bugs my OCD tendencies because I like everything to be symmetrical!

FYI Tamiya USA web site now had bodies, H parts and sticker sets in stock.

You're welcome!

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip mactasney! I've been looking all over for these after missing out by a few days on Tower Hobbies. When I checked out the site today I decided to screw it and went ahead and paid the higher price. Let's hope Amazon.de/ Tamico can figure out how to get these to America for me. Thanks again, A

• Like 1

Do you have the link? I checked the site this morning and couldn't find it. I need a runner shell..

Just a bit disappointed. Got 3 sets of bodies and they show up with the holes punched. These were all going to be painted and displayed. Not impressed Tamiya. I guess it's because they are spare parts and not body sets.

Hi all, just getting back in to RC cars after a long time away and have decided to go for the GT2 for a few reasons, I plan on basing the model on a friend's ex midnight blue GT2 , I will be cutting the spoiler to resemble the road version so will be a lot lower. I have a few upgrades, bearings, TBM-02 10.5t brushless motor and also a fan kit for the speed controller.

I'm yet to get my hands on the kit as its a Christmas present but it has arrived in the UK from Germany as like others it was one of the cheapest places to order from.

I have attached a few photos of the GT2 I will be modelling it on.

post-45423-0-74189400-1450657672_thumb.j

post-45423-0-70664800-1450657734_thumb.j

post-45423-0-83029100-1450657765_thumb.j

• Like 2

Just a bit disappointed. Got 3 sets of bodies and they show up with the holes punched. These were all going to be painted and displayed. Not impressed Tamiya. I guess it's because they are spare parts and not body sets.

Hello Salvine. There are two options for spare bodies at the moment.

1825148 - This is just the body with drilled holes. I think you have these.

Option 2 is 49387 - This is the body without drilled holes and with the spoiler. I think these are spare parts from the Taisan version. I bought some of these two weeks ago and they have no holes. I can send you a picture if you want.

They are still on stock at:

http://www.modellbau-seidel.de/index.php?firma=Tamiya&best=49387

and, ok my mistake. Two weeks ago when I ordered mine I checked tamiyausa and they were on stock. Now they are not on stock any more. I don't know if they are still produced but I think if you want bodies without holes you should order them from Seidel.

• Like 1

Hello Salvine. There are two options for spare bodies at the moment.

1825148 - This is just the body with drilled holes. I think you have these.

Option 2 is 49387 - This is the body without drilled holes and with the spoiler. I think these are spare parts from the Taisan version. I bought some of these two weeks ago and they have no holes. I can send you a picture if you want.

They are still on stock at:

http://www.modellbau-seidel.de/index.php?firma=Tamiya&best=49387

and, ok my mistake. Two weeks ago when I ordered mine I checked tamiyausa and they were on stock. Now they are not on stock any more. I don't know if they are still produced but I think if you want bodies without holes you should order them from Seidel.

So Tamiya USA shows this set in stock but the store is closed for the holidays.. Just my luck!

And, just before reading this I pulled one of mine out of the bag to prep it for paint!

You are right the HP shows they are on stock but the store is closed. I misread this. So you start painting a spare body. I'm curious to see a picture when it's finished. At the moment I am not sure what paint job I would do but I love the Martini paintjob zadsniktaw showed in this thread.

This one was just going to be black with a flat layer applied to the outside. I think I'll hold off until I can grab the others from Tamiya though.