vtecboost

NEW Porsche 911GT2 Club Sport TA02SW

I use a generic automotive clear lacquer on the plastic parts, works great. The Tamiya stuff is very good but terrible value for money!

If its Metallic I use a PS silver before hand to help give the metallic paint a backing. I used TS paint once on body parts, but never again. Alot of Tamiyas bodies require the use of PS paints on the plastic parts, especially the F104 F1 cars.

James

:)

Most of the PS paints are transparent or at best translucent ...

with metallic paint it needs to be reflected.. so backing with black will gives you the best results instead of sliver.

Black for me has gave me darker results, silver for metallic or pearl paints if PS is what works for me buddy. :) Also they need to have a clear coat over them to give proper results.

James

• Like 1

Black for me has gave me darker results, silver for metallic or pearl paints if PS is what works for me buddy. :) Also they need to have a clear coat over them to give proper results.

James

hahaha... i think you need the sun to shine on it!

but anyway, yes what works for you!

in a German Shop offline.....

what's are the offset and width? for the front and rear?

2mm and 9mm, 26mm width

thanks, found a german ebay whose sell the rims... 3,6,9.. i will get a few sets.

Those rims look awesome, but I find it hard to navigate sites I don't read the native language in, if you have a better clue for me, please pass it along. Forgive the silly question if I missed the details in the other 20 pages of this post, but the set of tires you have mounted, they are from the kit?? I have a TA02 kit here that is in desparate need of the staggered racing slicks tires from Tamiya, so I might just have to keep a lookout for a kit breaker and snag the tires for myself or just order from Tamiya when I get the part numbers. I have waited better part of 8 months for some matching HPI tires as I somehow got lucky enough to find some WIDE rear treaded tires and then finally the fronts were made avaialable again, but they had to change them don't you know, the sidewalls for the "new" fronts are not the same as the vintage HPI tires I have here, gotta love it when they think of all these small changes as it starts to ruin the effect when you want to letter the sidewalls and they have less or more lettering on one axle, not the same. Can't win them all I guess.

These are exactly the rims i have!

So you can fit "normal" 26mm Tamiya tires on them. I have the M2 compound which is quite grippy, so you don't have to mess around with hard to find 30mm tires for the rear and have matching sidewalls for stickers all around.

I will show you the next days how the sidewalls will look with pirelli stickers :)

Another positive effrect is, that the wheels, in my opinion, look more realistic than the stock 2 piece stuff.....

I have the same wheels on my FF01 Golf. Much more realistic than the ones the kit comes with.

38c8e020bdfd42a3552a79851673685c.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks all, they look soo great, I admit it. So it sounds like the eyes were decieved, these are all the same width front and rear, just the wheel offset has been changed to protect the innocent. I guess my search for WIDE rear tires is still on.

Here.

I'm also creating and printing myself some racing numbers, Mobil1 and Michelin logos. Will put a full mock-up up shortly.

Only question is should I go white or silver for the top half? I'm favouring silver right now

Those rims look awesome, but I find it hard to navigate sites I don't read the native language in, if you have a better clue for me, please pass it along. Forgive the silly question if I missed the details in the other 20 pages of this post, but the set of tires you have mounted, they are from the kit?? I have a TA02 kit here that is in desparate need of the staggered racing slicks tires from Tamiya, so I might just have to keep a lookout for a kit breaker and snag the tires for myself or just order from Tamiya when I get the part numbers. I have waited better part of 8 months for some matching HPI tires as I somehow got lucky enough to find some WIDE rear treaded tires and then finally the fronts were made avaialable again, but they had to change them don't you know, the sidewalls for the "new" fronts are not the same as the vintage HPI tires I have here, gotta love it when they think of all these small changes as it starts to ruin the effect when you want to letter the sidewalls and they have less or more lettering on one axle, not the same. Can't win them all I guess.

Open the site with Google Chrome and it will offer an option to translate page in top corner menu. Then you can order til your heart is content...

I saw this shaft and Instantly had to Exchange it..... Same with the Motormount. Mine is quieter than this tt02

attachicon.gif image.jpg

That's a good lookin tt02