vtecboost

NEW Porsche 911GT2 Club Sport TA02SW

Can i ask where you managed to get original Taisan decals from?..........thanks

Got it from eBay.

Just did some test fitting. 53792 TT-01/TA04 universal shafts are a direct fit on the rear of the TA02.

image_9.jpg

image_10.jpg

Recap:

54648 CC01 universals will fit in the front

53792 TT-01 TA04 universals will fit in the rear

• Like 2

See, THIS is why such build topics are so helpful, the deciphering of the Tamiya codes is done by some actual person with a ruler and some build sense. Thanks for helping all of us out, so when it comes to backwards compatible pieces that are easily bought now to put on our old cars, it is all here in full color. It is interesting how there is "marbleing" even on the gear cases molded in that wheel color. AGES ago, I had a guy offer to paint up some wheels since they would look much better with the custom painted bodyset he offered to do and then I could mount both up to the TA chassis I was thinking would suit it best. I wish I could say all that happened, but it seems all that got lost in the shuffle, so, never built to date and the obscurity of that body I chose will probably mean it might never happen. Life goes on.

I did the same as you pininfarina, I ordered the 3, 6, and 9mm wheels. They won't be making their way onto my GT2, but good to have for future projects. They are gorgeous!

• Like 1

I did the same as you pininfarina, I ordered the 3, 6, and 9mm wheels. They won't be making their way onto my GT2, but good to have for future projects. They are gorgeous!

Yes they are!! tempted to get more ..... trigger happy... **** it!

• Like 1

Next job, stealth body mounts, light buckets and finish wing.

Beautiful, how you fitting your light buckets..

Beautiful, how you fitting your light buckets..

I'll make the rear ones and use Shoo Goo (have been successful with this in past). Undecided on fronts. GT3 option as discussed elsewhere in this thread or make my own.

Tip for anyone else like me that wants to fill the screw holes in the wing. Fill hole with milliput first and then finish with Tamiya putty or similar. If you only use putty it will shrink and leave a dimple.

These just got in! All the way from Germany!

b175b4a30ef2f23ebcea06185a21f8ed.jpg

Ain't they pretty!

Where can I buy a set of these wheels from?

RC Paradise on German Ebay. There is a link in this tread somewhere.

Wing and mirrors are on :)

Awaiting striping decals to go between the two colors and the Gulf livery decals.

72d470a8d0988cf8d0dc9367454d8d2c.jpg

397b4c76bf530e9c27b74bdbb772cd6e.jpg

e413e58b7e3f4b433df90ff945621b32.jpg

Still not 100% on these wheels and Tamiya's light blue wasn't light enough for the proper Gulf livery. But I guess this will make due for a runner. Hopefully the body set will become available.

• Like 5

Great work! Can't wait for it to finish! And please take it out in the sun, it makes it looks better!

• Like 1

That is some great looker, regardless of the blue tint. IDK if you have backed it already, but I wonder if WHITE under that blue will lighten it up some??? I am NOT a painter, so I don't know these things. Wheels are great staggered looking, but I am not certain about them, but then they would make some great runners now wouldn't they?? I am LOVING that stickerbombed Snap On Toolchest, I am almost afraid to ask where it came from as I am sure if it is licensed, it will be out of my price range.

• Like 1

Thanks Crash! I think it's on the darker side because I put down the blue first, and then the orange. When I did the orange, I backed the blue with it. That's probably why.

I got the box from my Snap On tool rep. $120 for both the top and bottom. I'll ask him today for the part numbers if you'd like.

3e18f6b6c9ebfbb8e9f7edcc58d31d06.jpg

I use it for all my "go to" tools and it's the perfect size for RC related tools and spare parts.

• Like 2

Wow, it looks so much more than just a prop. I have to admit, my budget won't allow for that, but it sure looks great.

• Like 1