TamTom

The not so usual Hotshot project

Thank you. You really think this may interest anybody at Tamiya?

Do we REALLY think that Tamiya would ignore such dedication and love and obsession of one of their best buggies that they would show no interest, I highly doubt that. I agree, get a you-tube video of it at the least, but get them contacted at Tamiya and perhaps at the next Toy show near you, they might invite you along to display such a wonderful homage to their own PR mock ups from days gone by.

No worries really on the bits, it is all in due time.

Thanks,

Chris

It could be the best place to post this, because all you Hotshot geeks ought to be watching this build. I just wanted to ask for some input from all you Mk1 owners about the DATE(s) on your build manual for your Hotshots. I have 6 manuals here now and only ONE is a true Mk1 build manual. It has a date printed in BLUE INK both on the front lower left corner as well as the back lower right corner of "8503" which I suspect translates to March 1985. I have another couple of manuals that are all printed "8504" on the front lower left corner and then they all have DIFFERENT dates on the back lower right cover of "8504", "8507", and "8509"

So, without further input, I won't really have an idea of just how few months Tamiya put these Mk1 cars out. I hope you can help me out and I realize this has been hashed out before, but I am not searching for more dates and data and perhaps we can get this inputted into the Mk1 database when we have some more input.

Thanks and Thomas, I sure hope things are going well with your project here.

Chris

Hi Folks! I am so sorry for not posting any update. This is due to lack of time. I have all Tools here waiting for the right time to go ahead with the milling work for the Slots where the rods come through the base to let the Suspension go up and down. This is a quite crucial stept because once I've made a mistake it will ruin the whole Project. :unsure: But I am eager to finish it soon. So you may find an update here soon.

• Like 4

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for reviving this post, I cannot wait to see what is to come.

Hi there! It moves! The last two days I spent with measuring and marking and measuring again and then finally.... I used the router and slotted the openings for the moving rods...:o Okay - so far so good. I did it right. The four power Units drive the rods are mounted as well and are connected to the wishbones. Tentatively with normal threaded rods. Will have to make some nice rods. Still the one or other Thing to do but... yeah - ran out of Motor shims so I could not finish off the Motor Installation. Will do the wiring underneath tomorrow and still have to figure out how to adjust the power from the battery through the swith to the power Units an the Motor to have them turn the right Speed. Will take some Pictures today evening.

Thomas

• Like 2

Here are some Pictures. Nothing so spectacular because they look similar to the ones known already but this is more or less final configuration beside some minor Details still to be done though. I still have to figure out how they made the front tires aligned. In the Promotion Video only a very thin wire is visible.

30128951be.jpg

30128953qk.jpg

30128954cy.jpg

30128955xb.jpg

30128959jv.jpg

• Like 8