HornetRacer 1971

Novafox discontinued

Hi guys,

Just to let those who don't know, that Tamiya has discontinued the wonderful Novafox very recently.

I have bought my 2nd NIB today - but I may hunt down another soon!!!

I notice that Modelsport UK has some in stock.

A sad day......for us fans....

Yeah I read this too, very sad and so glad I have one already,

For once I didn't miss out like the Boomer re re :(

• Like 3

It was Joanne at Fusion that told me, as I ordered one from there... Got a refund and ordered mine from Modelsport, so happy I got one.

K

• Like 2

While I never aspired to own a NovaFox (I have enough 2WD buggies), it does make me a little sad to think about as I know it was rightfully a well-regarded release.

Hopefully the rest that still want one can get one!

Where did you see it discontinued?- TamiyaUSA still have it listed as 'current'

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-kits-30/off-road-buggies-36450/rc-novafox-58577

Discontinued models are, generally, marked up as such (top right of page);

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-kits-30/rtr-xb-expert-built-35700/rc-rtr-sand-scorcher-2010-84164

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-kits-30/trucks-36500/rc-vajra-58497

TamiyaUSA does, however, sometimes change the status of a model to discontinued if they don't have stock - Click on the [DISCONTINUED] box on the Sand Scorcher or Vajra and you'll get;

Q. Why do you show discontinued items?

A. Not only can you find some of these items in stores, but parts are available for most of them. Discontinued only means we currently do not stock them, they may be re-released at some point as well.

They also have a 'temporarily out of stock' declaration too, so not sure how anyone's supposed to know what's going on :lol:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-kits-30/trucks-36500/rc-super-clod-buster-58518

• Like 1

TamiyaUSA still lists the Novafox as "in stock", and when they run out, maybe that is the time they will change it do "Discontinued"?

I can't believe they already discontinued the Novafox. I still do not have one :(

On a related note, my local hobby shop told me that they tried to order another batch of the Fighting Buggy 2014 but was told that it is already discontinued. TamiyaUSA still lists it as in stock. Anyone know if this is also true?

TamiyaUSA still lists the Novafox as "in stock", and when they run out, maybe that is the time they will change it do "Discontinued"?

I can't believe they already discontinued the Novafox. I still do not have one :(

On a related note, my local hobby shop told me that they tried to order another batch of the Fighting Buggy 2014 but was told that it is already discontinued. TamiyaUSA still lists it as in stock. Anyone know if this is also true?

The Fighting Buggy is an 8XXXX kit, so limited production run. It would not surprise me that it's done.

sad day for sure. Time to start hoarding parts before they cost an arm and a leg. I was hoping this model would be continued for quite a while.

Could it just be that the UK importer/distributor is possibly out of stock, and not planning to order any more in?

• Like 1

Shame - I'd imagined this one would stay in production longer. Modelsport no longer seems to have them in stock, shame as they are the most competitive UK price. My finger is hovering over the Buy button on Tamico, but I shouldn't as I only just bought another NIB two days ago and I already have too many cars...

I always had a soft spot for the Fox (I had a 2nd hand Fox shell on my Grasshopper in the early 90s but never saw a real Fox until I joined TC). I always said it was the re-re I most hoped for and the one I would definitely buy if it came out. Well, by the time it arrived I was in something of an RC hiatus and now that I've returned I'm on a different kick and not really digging having loads of buggies.

But I do fear that I could miss out on my last chance to have something that I've wanted for so long at a reasonable price, even if it just sits in my loft until the next rainy day...

Actually it will make good sense to discontinue the Novafox, from the manufatures side of view, as it doesn't share many parts with other buggies, apart from the tires and wheels, even though these are goldplated.

This was also one of the rere's I hoped for the most, and fortunately has one.

Looks like I got the last one at Seidel then, only ordered tues morning. I was hoping to have a bit of a cheaper year but this is already my secound kit this year. I really can't afford any more this year so please no bg re-re's please Mr T

Chris

Looks like I got the last one from Seidel then, ordered mine tues morning so should be here some time next week. I too was hoping for quiet year but this is now my secound purchase this year so I can't really afford anything else, though I may try and get a willys wheeler in my collection befoure year end.

Please Mr T no more big re-re's this year.

Chris

RCMart had 6 in stock yesterday, now they're all gone. Went to Stella and saw that it was still available. I placed an order and after completing the payment process, the Novafox product page no longer exists. I hope my order went through!

well I wasn't going to but just ordered from Tamico... This will probably turn out to be some clever marketing trick :P

• Like 1

Even though I don't really want it discontinued if it isn't I've got some explaining to do to the wife. On another note I wonder if I used that excuse again She would let me get another one without any questions?

Chris

• Like 1

Seems like I got one of the last ones at Fusion over Xmas. :o

If it's true that the kit has been discontinued then it will have had a production run similar in length to the Boomerang....just under 2 years. Bearing in mind what happened with that kit afterwards, whereby the value of the re-release quickly shot up to a value pretty much equal to the original, then I would recommend that anyone who has the Novafox on their wishlist to get one asap or risk having to pay £300 for the privilege in 18 months time...and that's if you can find one.