lee1980

Tamico should not get customs if sending to UK?

Looked at them as was mentioned in another thread prices seem good comparable to Stella etc, and being un EU should it mean no custom charges etc?

Are they good at packing etc? good communication in English?

Always had good service from them, packaging is excellent and quick delivery.

As Rich1978 says no customs charges as in the EU, but you do pay mwst (VAT in Germany) but the price includes this.

Only other thing carriage is 'expensive' on small orders !!

Rich

• Like 1

Bought a ton of stuff from them, packaging excellent and when they got an order wrong they sent an advance exchange item and a pre pay label to return the wrong one. Possibly the best service I've had from an online retailer!

Usually takes two working days to arrive from Germany to the UK and no charges as within the EU.

Tamico where brilliant from start to finish. And as mentioned above no customm charges as they are in the eu.

I have ordered plenty of things to TAMICO and they have been always fast and efficient. Tracking number is provided, packing is correct, and being in the EU there is no need to pay extra VAT since is already paid in origin, and included in the price.

Very interesting also the pre-Christmas campaign when they have a different item on sale every day. Otherwise one special offer per week, besides the SALEs.

I've always bought in the UK (LHS/Modelsport/Fusion). Just recently I thought I'd give it a go buying abroad since there was no stock in the UK.

I bought from Hong Kong since this was before I knew of Tamico. So far, I have paid £40 more for a Mountain Rider at RC Mart than I could have paid from Tamico! I've ordered the Kumamon and a Hornet from Stella, which is currently being held up at customs, price is £4 more than Fusion would have been with TC discount (I didn't know they had already had a shipment of Kumamons!) before customs charges, so in my experience Hong Kong is a waste of time unless you're getting a model unobtainable/sold out in the UK or Europe for that matter.

It seems once upon time, parcels would go straight through, or 1 in 10 would get stopped so a bit of a lottery, yet now it seems there is a higher proportion being stopped, that or I'm just unlucky. My Mountain Rider was delayed at customs and then opened (internal packaging all damaged on this limited edition, you could see it had been resealed) charged for and then handling charge from Parcel force. The gains are minimal if you don't get clobbered, and you can lose out a fair whack if you do, and it takes longer to arrive. It pays to shop around and some of those Tamico prices, (especially with euro at 1.35) are tempting on some models right now (cough: High lift!).

Another + for Tamico, Great prices, well packaged and pretty quick too ;)

The delivery is soooo easy to trace and track as well from DHL :D

Another + for Tamico, my number one Tamiya pusher. I have ordered from them many many times, and always excellent packaging, accurate items in the box and fast shipping. The great service comes on top of that.

Yup +1 Tamico.

Nowadays I seem to go in the following order...

1 check Tamico

2 check Fusion and buy from them if the price difference is not too much but normally Tamico wins

3 check Hong Kong / Taiwan and to date managed to not get stung by customs on small boxes, only on larger ones and even then not a lot.

4 finally if I really really have to, I look to the USA but I expect to pay far too much for poor postage, will definitely get hit by customs no matter how small and cheap the item is, and finally always pay Parcelforce their handling/rip-off fee.

I have stopped buying from sellers who use standard post because the UK post office always sting you. DHL/UPS is now my preferred method, particularly in Europe.

• Like 1

Thanks all deff be best place to get next kit I expect then and be nice to know will not get a second bill for customs after! as Fedex often deliver then send a letter after for payment not nice!!!

Tamico has always been good for me. Large parcels from China seem to be very hit or miss these days. Anything small or low value seems to fly though but larger boxes it seems to depend on what they write on the customs declarations and how gullible the person processing it is.

I noticed some Chinese sellers on ebay and sites such as gearbest seem to have a UK presence and the stuff gets sent to them first and then to you which avoids the customs usually. The last few models I've ordered in this way have been delivered domestically by Yodel from a UK address even though the have clearly come from China first due to the long waiting times. 

I have looked at Tamico a number of times cos they were cheaper but when I get to the check out they tack on Vat and I’m in the UK? 

Or I’m missing something?

You pay VAT within the country you are buying from if buying within the EU. So you'll pay 19% VAT in Germany, but won't be liable for any VAT in the UK.