DaveB

LEGO Hotshot

As I work with LEGO and follow the huge LEGO community, I was surprised not to find interpretation's of some of the well known Tamiya RC's, so whilst playing around with LEGO one Sunday afternoon with my girls I thought I'd have a go myself. I had limited bricks and colours so thought I'd do a mini version :)

Have you guys seen or built any LEGO Tamiya RC's?

IMG_20150207_172953.jpg

• Like 10

Oh boy. They all rock, both the small one as well as the big shots. :) And they even look like they could have been build with LEGO's design philosophy in mind.

• Like 1

Nice mini-Hotshot, and I do remember those epic 1:10 scale builds... Or should they be 1:1 since they emulate the RC cars?

I feel outdone already... I do not have much Lego to spare, but I do have Lego Digital Designer installed on my computer. It is a fantastic little program, and with it I have built the following:

A Lego Lancia Rally:

1zfrn7p.jpg

2wqdefp.jpg

On the same chassis, a Lego Subaru Brat:

312u0zl.jpg

And of course, a Lego Frog!

5n7orm.jpg

Sadly, it seems Lego has discontinued their custom set service, meaning I can no longer order the relevant pieces through their website to construct these kits in reality... But they were still a lot of fun to put together!

Think I will refrain from the Hotshot for now after seeing the masterpieces on this thread ;)

• Like 2

Hey guys, the big Lego shots are mine, Lego is another hobby of mine alongside Tamiya Rc cars. Have wanted to do some Lego Tamiya cars for a few years but other projects have always got in the way. I really appreciate the kind comments, I intend to do some more in the near future so will share them as I get them done.

Dave B, my son saw your mini Hotshot and instantly had to build a copy, you have made him very happy! Grastens, I love yours too, there is a real skill in designing small Lego versions of things that I have never really mastered, I think these will get built in my house also.

I am currently preparing a Lego Ideas submission, for those that are not aware Lego have set up a site that allows members of the public to submit their own designs for possible creation into an official Lego kit. There are a couple of small catches...you need 10,000 votes and then pass the Lego company review. A few of the guys on here have convinced me to submit one of the models so I will start a forum topic soon with all of the details to see if I can drum up enough support to pass the first milestone. Obviously to succeed there would have to be a collaboration between Tamiya and Lego which may not be possible, but hey its worth a shot.

Cheers

James

• Like 2

I bought two kits that once were announced on Ideas/Cuusoo. I'd love to get my hands on your Hotshot too, one day. :) you got my vote.

Hey guys, the big Lego shots are mine, Lego is another hobby of mine alongside Tamiya Rc cars. Have wanted to do some Lego Tamiya cars for a few years but other projects have always got in the way. I really appreciate the kind comments, I intend to do some more in the near future so will share them as I get them done.

Dave B, my son saw your mini Hotshot and instantly had to build a copy, you have made him very happy! Grastens, I love yours too, there is a real skill in designing small Lego versions of things that I have never really mastered, I think these will get built in my house also.

I am currently preparing a Lego Ideas submission, for those that are not aware Lego have set up a site that allows members of the public to submit their own designs for possible creation into an official Lego kit. There are a couple of small catches...you need 10,000 votes and then pass the Lego company review. A few of the guys on here have convinced me to submit one of the models so I will start a forum topic soon with all of the details to see if I can drum up enough support to pass the first milestone. Obviously to succeed there would have to be a collaboration between Tamiya and Lego which may not be possible, but hey its worth a shot.

Cheers

James

Hi sonicdeath, you have serious LEGO skills, you should apply for a job at our place ;)

Cheers

James

I was just about to let you know about this lego site and suggest you to public your Hotshot. One thing though has to be considered. Will no copyright of Tamiya be offended because of the car design?

I see many projects on Ideas (formerly Cuusoo) being based on movie, TV, toy or videogame designs. Some of them, e.g. the Back to the future set, made it into an official set, while a lot of others didn't (e.g. this fantastic Macross Valkyrie Variable Fighter (or Robotech Veritech Fighter), which was fully transformable). I can certainly understand that everything where licenses are involved will make the decision and negotiation process harder.

All great work, love that working Valkyrie! I had to zoom in on the big Hotshot to convince myself it was Lego 😳

That ideas site, is that were the Ghostbusters Ecto1 was developed?

All great work, love that working Valkyrie! I had to zoom in on the big Hotshot to convince myself it was Lego

That ideas site, is that were the Ghostbusters Ecto1 was developed?

Yep.

As was the first MineCraft Lego set (: