taffer

TT-02T Sand Shaker

Like a modern day Stadium Raider?

That was a pretty successful model, but looked way cooler than this to start off with...

• Like 1

That body shell makes it look like a kids toy (and we all know these are rc model cars - NOT TOYS!!!). :D

White friction shocks - a whole new level of 'nasty' :lol:

It says oil shocks on the spec list?

Hey Nobbi, you could use a PC Brat shell at 251mm and build a sweet Brat or Mudblaster that's 4WD. Then add body post extensions if you need more wheel clearance for bigger wheels if you have too...... Bang !

Add buggy arms and driveshafts for wide track Mudblaster

• Like 1

It says oil shocks on the spec list?

As most Tamiya distributors, the German distributor isn't really known for their great accuracy and (Tamiya-)knowledge. But seeing that the regular TT-02T manual shows the assembly of friction dampers (2 sets of the Super Fighter GR Violet Racer white frictions shocks (4x "Mini" + 4x "Short")) and a separate "TT-02T"-marked sheet the assembly of CVAII's, it could be that it comes with oil shocks on certain markets, like the DT-03.

• Like 1

I already tried this with my tt-02, took the wheels off my unimog and trimmed a pretty wrecked Subaru xv shell to have bigger wheel arches, it worked really well, but needed the tub cut back a little to get full steering lock.

I like the idea of a Brat shell on this - original Brat had independent suspension so not a bad way to start a fun runner with at least a subtle nod to scale realism ;)

Taffer, thanks for posting the link to the manual. :)

I can confirm that Dickie-Tamiya's product descriptions shown on tamiya.de are sometimes misleading. They make some mistakes every now and then when it comes to bodyshell plastic type (PC vs PS vs PE), damper type (friction vs oil-filled) and recommended paint type (TS vs PS).

TamiyaUSA's description says oil dampers for the TT-02T, too:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-kits-30/trucks-36500/rc-sandshaker-58608

As the spiritual successor to this -

gallery_2_1.jpg

I think it would make a fun comparison if someone put the two head-to-head. To see how far the Tamiya 'standard' chassis has come in what must be getting on for 20 years of development?

My guess is that the longevity may have improved but performance won't have very much...

I'll wager that Stadium Raider's super gripper tyres will kick sand in the eyes of the TT02T's hard plastic tyres any day!

Wow! It's cheaper than I thought it would be; 8,900 yen from my go-to online store, which is about 48 pounds or 75 dollars.

This might end up in my pile, although standard Japanese spec has friction dampers.

Dorvack.

i'd love see a Brat body on this Dorvack giving it realistic 4x4 .

Considering how much of a step forward my TT-02B is compared to my TL-01B, I think this would be a great improvement over the Stadium Raider in terms of handling, and probably a bit quicker too thanks to the more efficient drivetrain.

Although I agree about the tyres - my wife ran those on her Stadium Raider for a while as they look better than the Super Grippers, but they only really work on tarmac. Offroad they leave a lot to be desired.

Fits the body shell to wild dagger wt-01 chassis? I think this tt02b body have drilling holes which fits not the dagger ones. Maybe/maybe not??

I think it's highly likely to share the mould with the Stadium Raider above, so will be able to be retro-fitted to the likes of a TL01B or WT-01 etc. The wheelbase is wrong on the WT-01 but then as is the case for most bodyshells!

It's also the same bodyshell seen on the old 'Chinese' TL01 'Bonzer' trucks, which were TL01B's with a set of Wild Dagger wheels.

Seems it does have oil shocks (according to several sites including tamiya usa) but no bearings, just bushings. And a bit pricey in europe, around EUR 130 - that means only 20 cheaper than a CC-01.

To me the shell looks a bit... toyish, lacking details. But it could be a cheap back yard basher.

I think the shell is suffering from a very poor decal scheme. In Wild Dagger and Stadium Raider form, I believe it looks rather good. Maybe all it needs are different decals?

• Like 1

I think the shell is suffering from a very poor decal scheme. In Wild Dagger and Stadium Raider form, I believe it looks rather good. Maybe all it needs are different decals?

I had not even noticed it was the same shell