Truck Norris

TN's Ultimate Juggernaut New Build Project

On 9/4/2018 at 8:32 PM, GTodd said:

Man I want a Jug so bad!

Aside from the looks, I'd go with MST MTX-1.  The body is very good.  Tamiya fully intended it as the next generation Bruiser. 

But the execution of the drivetrain and the tires?  It's got a lot of slop.  Bevel gears getting smushed was a horrible experience with Juggernaut 1.  Leaf springs are hard as usual.  Steering servo mounted in the center is not as good as axle mounted servos.  

All this is why you don't see many Juggs out there bashing around.  You'll see more vintage Bruisers than Juggs.  

I'll keep my Jugg 2 (upgraded from 1) for sentimental reasons.  For actual running, MTX would be much better.  

At 10:30 mark Matteo puts on the Jugg body on it.  

Don't mean to be pushy, but I am getting Truck Norris withdrawal symptoms waiting for updates in the Porsche thread so trawling through your other threads for a substitute.

Also looking for body detailing tips to pass onto the wife for next time I build a kit. (She has started doing the decals for me, apparently I don't cut enough clear off. :)

Keep up the great work. Monster trucks are my favourite, so dying to see what you have done to this truck. Loving all your other work.

• Like 1