Mokei Kagaku

Grasshopper Black Edition in the pipeline.....

Am I the only one disappointed in Tamiya's new batch of releases? Really, a warmed over grasshopper?

I doubt we have seen everything announced yet. Expect some more additions on tamiyablog this week.

Expect some more additions on tamiyablog this week.

Not necessarily. Tamiyablog announced the Black GH and the TB-04R several hours after it was announced here. Because they almost never inform about their sources, I have started to put tiny distinct clues in the information I post, so when it's copied by Tamiyablog, I can easily recognise the origin of their information, even when they recycle old information in their posts. To be honest, I'm sick and tired of their parasitic behaviour, which is, by the way, one of several reasons why I decided to leave Tamiyablog a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

Not necessarily. Tamiyablog announced the Black GH and the TB-04R several hours after it was announced here. Because they almost never inform about their sources, I have started to put tiny distinct clues in the information I post, so when it's copied by Tamiyablog, I can easily recognise the origin of their information, even when they recycle old information in their posts. To be honest, I'm sick and tired of their parasitic behaviour, which is, by the way, one of several reasons why I decided to leave Tamiyablog a couple of years ago.

Well I cannot comment on any of that, but I am just going off previous years when the April announcements have been staggered. For instance, last year they made some initial RC revelations (April 9th) with stuff like the Rock Socker. Then a week later (April 15th) they added more kits like the Mountaineer and Metallic Hornet.

What other reliable sources of information are there though, more importantly which of those are English?

I have subscribed to your posts on Facebook but always wondered if I was missing out on another site/blog with useful information.

Well I cannot comment on any of that, but I am just going off previous years when the April announcements have been staggered. For instance, last year they made some initial RC revelations (April 9th) with stuff like the Rock Socker. Then a week later (April 15th) they added more kits like the Mountaineer and Metallic Hornet.

I didn't mean to indicate that Tamiyablog never is early with information. They often are, but then again, they mostly copy other sources without crediting them for it. Also, the Tamiyablog admin has placed an observation marker on my "blog" on Facebook, so he gets automatically notified every time I post new information, and mostly, that information is copied onto Tamiyablog shortly after. They have never credited me as their source, even not in cases of simple copy/paste blog entries. Because I generally disapprove of this kind of behaviour, I NEVER use Tamiyablog as one of my sources. Furthermore, I always credit my sources.

As for the Rock Socker, I don't know if Tamiyablog first announced it on April 9th, but I reckon you wouldn't say so if it wasn't correct. Anyway, I announced the Rock Socker on my "blog" on March 23th, 17 days earlier.....

Proof (first a prototype pic):

https://www.facebook.com/mokeikagaku/photos/a.208102959316648.47419.208099459316998/468126783314263/?type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xap1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10014533_468126783314263_220193007_n.jpg%3Foh%3D9ea82bc766616bf007fe50ae2a14ffdb%26oe%3D55ABD46F%26__gda__%3D1436985414_8f224374b7daeae63b4a289180e9cdd7&size=457%2C313&fbid=468126783314263

And then again with a pic of the production version on April 9th, when Tamiyablog probably snapped up the information and reposted it:

https://www.facebook.com/mokeikagaku/photos/a.208102959316648.47419.208099459316998/476618002465141/?type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-vie.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xap1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10175023_476618002465141_7631605721801891696_n.jpg%3Foh%3De2a5f1b008a1886cbc149148d845e90b%26oe%3D55A533D6&size=570%2C393&fbid=476618002465141

• Like 1

What other reliable sources of information are there though, more importantly which of those are English?

There are many sources out there, but collecting the information is rarely as simple as copy/paste. Instead, fragments are combined into useful information by comparing them to my database on Tamiya products. I maintain a database since 1982-1983, constantly and continuously adding information about new products and old products previously unknown to me. As most information found is in Japanese and I don't speak Japanese, the matching with my database helps me turn the Japanese fragments into useful information in English. Meticulous work based on decades of data collecting, that I put a lot of effort and pride into getting correct, which is one reason why I disapprove of Tamiyablog's blatant copying without crediting the source.

I have subscribed to your posts on Facebook but always wondered if I was missing out on another site/blog with useful information.

I can promise you that I'm not always the first with information in English about new Tamiya products, but I do my best to snap up all information available about new products and never post rumours disguised as correct information, but rather wait until a rumour has been verified to be the truth. Also, I use solely credible sources. Admittedly, Tamiyablog is mostly also a credible source, but for reasons mentioned in my previous post above, I never use Tamiyablog as my source, and instead wait until I have the information from another source. Accordingly, Tamiyablog will sometimes be quicker with information than I am.

I didn't mean to indicate that Tamiyablog never is early with information. They often are, but then again, they mostly copy other sources without crediting them for it. Also, the Tamiyablog admin has placed an observation marker on my "blog" on Facebook, so he gets automatically notified every time I post new information, and mostly, that information is copied onto Tamiyablog shortly after. They have never credited me as their source, even not in cases of simple copy/paste blog entries. Because I generally disapprove of this kind of behaviour, I NEVER use Tamiyablog as one of my sources. Furthermore, I always credit my sources.

As for the Rock Socker, I don't know if Tamiyablog first announced it on April 9th, but I reckon you wouldn't say so if it wasn't correct. Anyway, I announced the Rock Socker on my "blog" on March 23th, 17 days earlier.....

https://www.facebook.com/mokeikagaku/photos/a.208102959316648.47419.208099459316998/468126783314263/?type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xap1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10014533_468126783314263_220193007_n.jpg%3Foh%3D9ea82bc766616bf007fe50ae2a14ffdb%26oe%3D55ABD46F%26__gda__%3D1436985414_8f224374b7daeae63b4a289180e9cdd7&size=457%2C313&fbid=468126783314263

And then again with a pic of the production version on April 9th, when Tamiyablog probably snapped up the information and reposted it:

https://www.facebook.com/mokeikagaku/photos/a.208102959316648.47419.208099459316998/476618002465141/?type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-vie.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xap1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10175023_476618002465141_7631605721801891696_n.jpg%3Foh%3De2a5f1b008a1886cbc149148d845e90b%26oe%3D55A533D6&size=570%2C393&fbid=476618002465141

Yes, I do keep a check on both your facebook blog and tamiyablog around the time of new releases and have noticed that sometimes you come up with information well before them (the re-release Avante 2001 bodyset was one such example).

The only thing I would say is that it's a pity that you do not present your information on an actual web page in the manner that tamiyablog do as, being completely honest, I prefer the look of the way that they present the info.

That isn't meant to be a slur on the way you present your info....rather that I am not really a fan of facebook in general.

I just go to Tamiya Japan's news page, open up the latest PDF and run it through Google translate.

It sometimes comes out a bit funky, but for the most part is a good source of information.

For sure the Japanese page is much better than the English page and is generally a good source, but as you say, with Google translate the translation is often not quite correct. Sometimes misleading or not understandable. This is where the mentioned database comes to the rescue. Also, just in this thread, there are three examples of early information that popped up on the Japanese Tamiya news page much later; the Avante 2001 BPS, the Rock Socker and the Black GH. In fact, the Black GH still hasn't been announced there. Also, when this thread was started, the latest news information hadn't yet been posted on the Tamiya page. Other sources are often earlier with information than Tamiya is on their own page.

Or in other words, with ambitions to pick up as much correct information as possible as early as possible, the Japanese Tamiya page is inadequate, and that's why some of us put so much effort into it.

Yes, I do keep a check on both your facebook blog and tamiyablog around the time of new releases and have noticed that sometimes you come up with information well before them (the re-release Avante 2001 bodyset was one such example).

The only thing I would say is that it's a pity that you do not present your information on an actual web page in the manner that tamiyablog do as, being completely honest, I prefer the look of the way that they present the info.

That isn't meant to be a slur on the way you present your info....rather that I am not really a fan of facebook in general.

I fully agree with you. I too like the web page format of Tamiyablog a lot better than I like my own! But I prefer to spend most of the time I put into the page searching and preparing information rather than on the layout itself. Also because I'm an idiot with computers.

Also, as mentioned above, I collect information about Tamiya products for my database since 1982/1983. At that time obviously only for my personal purposes and even now, posting (some of) the information in the "blog" is just a spin-off. That said, I would love to have a page with a much better layout, but the Facebook format is easy to use and I'm not yet prepared to accept the effort needed for a "proper" page. Maybe it would be easier than I think?

• Like 1

Will we get a plastic version of the FF04 evo?

(don't remember who made this pic):

11138628_10152706877812407_7380928883202

Scollins did it in 2005 according to the text bottom left :)

Well, I for one love all these recolors. I was a bit on the fence with the chrome Hornet as I think they could of had more fun with it. I think I might like a black Hopper. But, not with the standards decals as the argument on page one covered already.

Hello "Mokei",

in opposition to you, I consequently didn't come back to TC (but am still only watching the game from time to time like Murray Head :D) and now I do it with my original ID (is someone not "man" enough to admit his return? ;)) but since you repeatedly use this platform to denounce tamiyablog I have to set some things straight before disappearing again for the next 8 years (how time flies! :blink:), sorry to the rest for the short forum perturbation.

The reasons you left TB were different but anyway, as you possibly noticed but didn't "bother" to mention the Black GH has a different name on TB which is also the original and not your childishly "modified" one, the rest of the list is from THQ. Also talking about parasitic behaviour, maybe your "forgot" that you were the one who created your FB page hiddenly and silently while being still a member in TB and when I later found out and even left some positive comments there you banned me just like that. :rolleyes:

I NEVER use Tamiyablog as one of my sources.

You can be sure that after your coward emails without giving the opportunity for reply we also don't bother to use MK but one of the dozens other sources, even if its silly as the posted information isn't yours or ours but common and belongs only to THQ.

Furthermore, I always credit my sources.

That's not true, you mainly write as source THQ although some information comes from other sources, even if the origin of all Tamiya stuff is THQ of course. ;)

https://www.facebook...468126783314263

Good you mention it, tamiyablog posted it 2 months earlier :Dhttp://tamiyablog.com/2014/01/tamiya-news-at-international-toy-fair-nuremberg-2014-part-10-58592-110-rc-rock-truck-cr-01/ , which leads us the other big difference between tb and mk. We both source our informations from our commonly to us known sources but tamiyablog also takes the additional effort to leave their keyboard from time to time and to report live from fairs and to talk to people from T HQ there. ;)

Meticulous work based on decades of data collecting, that I put a lot of effort and pride into getting correct, which is one reason why I disapprove of Tamiyablog's blatant copying without crediting the source.

As said imho its silly just to put such importance in the "name improvement" of google translations we both do, but as I wrote above you don't need to worry anymore, we completely now use different translations. :rolleyes: Also if TB was immoral as you present it they wouldn't have kept your laborious lists for themselves. ;)

but rather wait until a rumour has been verified to be the truth. Also, I use solely credible sources. Admittedly, Tamiyablog is mostly also a credible source

Thanks, for example we had a rumour from a very good source at the Nuremberg fair in January 2014 about the Super Champ re-release but we decided not to post it till it was verified.

Sorry again to all for the short intermezzo, see you all again in 2023? or maybe also in TB? (we have also a comment option there ^_^)

Best regards,

Theo

http://tamiyablog.com

Ouch, thought this was a fun hobby with toycars. Somebody is obviously more serious than I am!

Come on guys, this is not worthy for anybody.

Blimey.

Theo, why did you stop posting on here anyway?

Nothing like some good healthy competition to keep things lively! Lol I think you both are doing fantastic work bringing us all the latest news on Tamiya. Keep it up guys. And Theo...since you mentioned Nuremburg...is there anything you would like to tell us in advance of the Shizuoka show? :)

• Like 1

I agree. I like to check both sites for information. Thanks guys for the hard work. I appreciate it.

Hello "Mokei",

in opposition to you, I consequently didn't come back to TC (but am still only watching the game from time to time like Murray Head :D) and now I do it with my original ID (is someone not "man" enough to admit his return? ;)) but since you repeatedly use this platform to denounce tamiyablog I have to set some things straight before disappearing again for the next 8 years (how time flies! :blink:), sorry to the rest for the short forum perturbation.

Well, if you want to accuse me, please be at least honest!

Yes, I rejoined TC after a long break and yes I decided to use a different nick. I had since long deleted the password for my old nick "Miramar" and the mail address I used for it (miramar@abc123.no) was no longer active as www.abc123.no had changed hands and the mail service part had been shut down. In other words, there was no simple way of retreaving my password, and as I didn't have any showroom to lose, I decided to rejoin with a different account. Choosing "Mokei Kagaku" was simply the result of wanting a connection to my "blog". I had a chat with Twinset at the time and admittedly he offered to combine my old and new account. I politely declined the offer as as I didn't see any benefit (and no drawback either).

As for denouncing Tamiyablog, I can't possibly see that I have a habit of doing that, but when you do direct copy/pastes of my blog entries that I have spent a lot of time on, I don't think it's out of place to tell others that the actual source of Tamiyablog entries sometimes is me. Especially as you hardly ever credit any of your sources! And you know perfectly well that I have caught you and notified you about making such blatant copies of my posts that even my reference markings (ie. *) have been copied. You may not like it, but the criticism of your parasitic behaviour is well deserved.

The reasons you left TB were different but anyway, as you possibly noticed but didn't "bother" to mention the Black GH has a different name on TB which is also the original and not your childishly "modified" one, the rest of the list is from THQ. Also talking about parasitic behaviour, maybe your "forgot" that you were the one who created your FB page hiddenly and silently while being still a member in TB and when I later found out and even left some positive comments there you banned me just like that. :rolleyes:

What do you know about my reasons for leaving TB? I never told you. Yes, you know that I disapproved of you deciding not to respect Tamiya Inc.'s objections to the use of not yet official information and when you declined sharing the actual text received from Tamiya Inc. with me, I realised that you couldn't be considered a friend anymore, and I left shortly after that. But the reasons for leaving were multiple, and to quote myself from an earlier post here;

"To be honest, I'm sick and tired of their parasitic behaviour, which is, by the way, one of several reasons why I decided to leave Tamiyablog a couple of years ago."

As for the Black GH, I have never said or indicated that the information was copied from me. What I do suspect however, is that you, after getting the notification of an update of my blog through your FB observation marker, googled the item number and found your description on Seidel Modellbau's site. I stress that this is "just" my theory, but it's anyway rather peculiar that you post information about the Black GH a couple of hours after me when the information is hardly available anywhere else and certainly not on Tamiya's website itself.

And finally, I left TB BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE I started Mokei Kagaku, but even if it hadn't been like that, what difference would it have made? As far as I know, I live in a society where I'm free to start any website/blog/FB-page I want, and parasitic behaviour from my side can't be claimed for the simple reason that I have never copied and never will copy Tamiyablog.

As for banning you from Mokei Kagaku, that had a very simple reason. I didn't want you to continue your blatant copy/paste actions. You still can because you planted an observation marker and I'm no good with computers, so despite trying, I couldn't find any way of deleting your marker. You very well know that I disapprove of your marker, but there is nothing I can do about it as long as you don't care about your own integrity, is there?

As for deleting your "positive comments", it was simply because I was sick and tired of seeing your name popping up, long after I had ended my activity on Tamiyablog, and more important, long after I had dropped our (once) friendship.

You can be sure that after your coward emails without giving the opportunity for reply we also don't bother to use MK but one of the dozens other sources, even if its silly as the posted information isn't yours or ours but common and belongs only to THQ.

"Coward emails"? Of really? I have written to you a couple of times pointing out how easily some of your posts can be recognised as copy/paste-actions of my posts, thereby pointing out that I disapprove of it as long as you don't credit the source. You hardly credit any other source either, for that sake. I have also informed you that any reply from you would end up unnoticed in my spambox, so if you have ever replied (I don't know), you can hardly accuse me of being a coward because I haven't replied again!

As for claiming that you have stopped copying my entries, it's quite amusing. As late as the Nuremberg show in January/Februar this year, one of my lists was clearly copied as the nummerically incorrect order of the items was exactly the same. I also believe you used my "blog" as the source to dig up your description of the Black GH 5 days ago, but admittedly, I just think so because you posted it a few hours after I did and I think you used the item number I had posted to google up your description, but I don't know for sure of course. If you have actually stopped your copy/paste-actions, I'm deeply grateful for that. If so, thank you very much! Just be aware that I will continue my "hobby" of giving my posts small distinct and unique clues and regularly check if you still copy my posts. Whenever I catch you doing so, I can't help enjoying it! :D

That's not true, you mainly write as source THQ although some information comes from other sources, even if the origin of all Tamiya stuff is THQ of course. ;)

Yes, I mainly credit THQ as my source, because it is! That is, when a distributor is the direct source, THQ is necessarily the source behind. As for other sources, I always correctly credit them; like Tamiya Blacktuners, RC News, several Twitter sources, private persons, eBay sellers and so on. I'm not saying that I always do it perfectly, although I try, but contrary to you, who hardly ever credit any sources, I think my practice is a "just a tiny bit" more honest.

Good you mention it, tamiyablog posted it 2 months earlier :Dhttp://tamiyablog.com/2014/01/tamiya-news-at-international-toy-fair-nuremberg-2014-part-10-58592-110-rc-rock-truck-cr-01/ , which leads us the other big difference between tb and mk. We both source our informations from our commonly to us known sources but tamiyablog also takes the additional effort to leave their keyboard from time to time and to report live from fairs and to talk to people from T HQ there. ;)

"Guilty as charged". I didn't know that you had posted information about the Rock Socker as early as that. Simply because, and there we have another proof, I never use Tamiyablog as a source.

And admittedly, you may have forgotten, but I have told you why I generally don't care to visit fairs. I worked for a Tamiya distributor for so many years and visited and worked on so many fairs, that I'm rather tired of it. Nuremberg is clearly worth visiting, no question, but being constantly busy with my real work, I can't justify spending the time and the money to go to Nuremberg although it's barely a 2 hour drive from my home. I'm almost only interested in Tamiya, and since I stopped going to Nuremberg in 1999 (after being there every year from 1982 except 1988 when I was in the army), I have never had the impression that I'm losing out on any significant information about Tamiya because of it. I might be wrong, but if so, I prefer to stay with the comfort of my ignorance, thank you very much. :P

As said imho its silly just to put such importance in the "name improvement" of google translations we both do, .....

As so often during our friendship too, you are the "judge" (or God?) to decide what's good and bad, correct and incorrect (and another reason why I quit TB and our friendship). I enjoy getting information as correct as possible, you don't. Fair enough, but neither way is "good" or "bad", but a matter of taste and level of desired "perfection".

....., but as I wrote above you don't need to worry anymore, we completely now use different translations.

Another indication that you won't just copy me anymore. Kudos to you! (for a change....)

Thanks, for example we had a rumour from a very good source at the Nuremberg fair in January 2014 about the Super Champ re-release but we decided not to post it till it was verified.

Good for you! And one of the reasons TB is indeed a rather good source, no question.

And by the way; I have nothing against any of the other contributors at Tamiyablog. All of them have at all times contributed to a high standard of precision and moral in my humble opinion. I can't possibly understand how they can endure abuse and exploitation of the "cooperation", but that's their free choice.

Finally, with the use of words like "silly", "coward", "childish" etc. (and maybe some of the words I have used too?), this discussion has now reached such a low level that I don't care to participate anymore. If any member expect DJTheo should want a comment or opinion from me, I feel obliged to respond, but apart from that, I personally see this thread as closed for me personally.

I deeply apologise to anyone annoyed by the dispute.

Guys, put your handbags down and step away from your keyboards...

61157826.jpg

Both sources are great for the avid tamiya fan to reference. There should be no competition nor argument and anything perceived as such only serves to discredit the author and shows them in bad light. If you can no longer collaborate your efforts then that's a shame, but try to leave the past where it is.

Please just keep up the awesome content and knowledge guys!

• Like 1

jiFfM_zpsd5zugybf.jpg

Guys I just want to see a picture of the grasshopper black edition. :D

• Like 1

Yes, I rejoined TC after a long break and yes I decided to use a different nick. I had since long deleted the password for my old nick "Miramar" and the mail address I used for it (miramar@abc123.no) was no longer active as www.abc123.no had changed hands and the mail service part had been shut down. In other words, there was no simple way of retreaving my password, and as I didn't have any showroom to lose, I decided to rejoin with a different account. Choosing "Mokei Kagaku" was simply the result of wanting a connection to my "blog". I had a chat with Twinset at the time and admittedly he offered to combine my old and new account. I politely declined the offer as as I didn't see any benefit (and no drawback either).

Come on, how naive do you believe TC readers are? Nothing easier to have Chris give you a new log in and even if not, to present your past, which you wouldn't have done without my comment yesterday. :rolleyes:

As for denouncing Tamiyablog, I can't possibly see that I have a habit of doing that

You have done it several times here, which we ignored till yesterday and this shows the quality of your behaviour, such behaviour wouldn't even have ever crossed our mind, even though your page is a 6 year newer "copy", which of course we have no problem with.

Especially as you hardly ever credit any of your sources!

I wrote you above that by just writing source T INC as you do you don't do it better as we both know were some of the stuff comes from.

As for the Black GH, I have never said or indicated that the information was copied from me. What I do suspect however, is that you, after getting the notification of an update of my blog through your FB observation marker, googled the item number and found your description on Seidel Modellbau's site. I stress that this is "just" my theory, but it's anyway rather peculiar that you post information about the Black GH a couple of hours after me when the information is hardly available anywhere else and certainly not on Tamiya's website itself.

Funnily when we upload first some news few hours later they appear also on your site, but we accept that as normal news spread from the web. :rolleyes:

And finally, I left TB BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE I started Mokei Kagaku, but even if it hadn't been like that, what difference would it have made? As far as I know, I live in a society where I'm free to start any website/blog/FB-page I want, and parasitic behaviour from my side can't be claimed for the simple reason that I have never copied and never will copy Tamiyablog.

I am not at home now so I can't check the dates, but was quite sure it was before you left and it makes a difference, when we include you to all infos and you secretly build something without informing us, its just a matter of human decency.

As for banning you from Mokei Kagaku, that had a very simple reason. I didn't want you to continue your blatant copy/paste actions. You still can because you planted an observation marker and I'm no good with computers, so despite trying, I couldn't find any way of deleting your marker. You very well know that I disapprove of your marker, but there is nothing I can do about it as long as you don't care about your own integrity, is there?

Again I have the feeling you think TC readers are naive, everyone knows that your FB page is open and that blocking me would make no difference, better leave such funny "excuses" for others.

As for deleting your "positive comments", it was simply because I was sick and tired of seeing your name popping up, long after I had ended my activity on Tamiyablog, and more important, long after I had dropped our (once) friendship.

Which as above shows the difference in our behaviour.

"Coward emails"? Of really? I have written to you a couple of times pointing out how easily some of your posts can be recognised as copy/paste-actions of my posts, thereby pointing out that I disapprove of it as long as you don't credit the source. You hardly credit any other source either, for that sake. I have also informed you that any reply from you would end up unnoticed in my spambox, so if you have ever replied (I don't know), you can hardly accuse me of being a coward because I haven't replied again!

Exactly, sending accusations and not giving the chance to the recipient to reply is a coward behaviour.