Mokei Kagaku

Grasshopper Black Edition in the pipeline.....

continued due to quote limit

If you have actually stopped your copy/paste-actions, I'm deeply grateful for that. If so, thank you very much! Just be aware that I will continue my "hobby" of giving my posts small distinct and unique clues and regularly check if you still copy my posts. Whenever I catch you doing so, I can't help enjoying it! :D

As wrote above you can be sure that we now use different translations from the other dozens of sources as we have no joy in such childish behaviour, for us this is just a fun hobby and not a life mission, sorry for always not being good enough for your standards.

Yes, I mainly credit THQ as my source, because it is! That is, when a distributor is the direct source, THQ is necessarily the source behind. As for other sources, I always correctly credit them; like Tamiya Blacktuners, RC News, several Twitter sources, private persons, eBay sellers and so on. I'm not saying that I always do it perfectly, although I try, but contrary to you, who hardly ever credit any sources, I think my practice is a "just a tiny bit" more honest.

As I wrote several times above just fakening an honesty doesn't make one.

"Guilty as charged". I didn't know that you had posted information about the Rock Socker as early as that. Simply because, and there we have another proof, I never use Tamiyablog as a source.

Thats again BS, like every news page you also check all sources when news come up even if you then copy them from others.

And admittedly, you may have forgotten, but I have told you why I generally don't care to visit fairs. I worked for a Tamiya distributor for so many years and visited and worked on so many fairs, that I'm rather tired of it. Nuremberg is clearly worth visiting, no question, but being constantly busy with my real work, I can't justify spending the time and the money to go to Nuremberg although it's barely a 2 hour drive from my home. I'm almost only interested in Tamiya, and since I stopped going to Nuremberg in 1999 (after being there every year from 1982 except 1988 when I was in the army), I have never had the impression that I'm losing out on any significant information about Tamiya because of it. I might be wrong, but if so, I prefer to stay with the comfort of my ignorance, thank you very much. :P

We both know that this again isn't the truth but in opposition to you I won't denounce your character in front of others, like you do, for example below:

And by the way; I have nothing against any of the other contributors at Tamiyablog. All of them have at all times contributed to a high standard of precision and moral in my humble opinion. I can't possibly understand how they can endure abuse and exploitation of the "cooperation", but that's their free choice.

And also you can be sure that also all other TB members strongly are disapproving your recent behaviour, you can email them if you don't believe me, you have their addresses.

Finally, with the use of words like "silly", "coward", "childish" etc. (and maybe some of the words I have used too?), this discussion has now reached such a low level that I don't care to participate anymore. If any member expect DJTheo should want a comment or opinion from me, I feel obliged to respond, but apart from that, I personally see this thread as closed for me personally.

The low level was reached from your behaviour to denounce your old colleagues and friends in a space where you knew they couldn't defend themselves to increase the popularity of your own page.

I deeply apologise to anyone annoyed by the dispute.

You don't really care and you will go on and on with every of my reply, I know you better then that, you need to have the final word and cleverly bend the reality to fit your universe.

The good thing is that now TC readers heard both sides of the story and combined with our TC past can find their own truth.

As Forum fights go this is the politest and well mannered I have seen. If you had been on the forum I moderate I would have needed the banning stick several pages ago.

I am sure airing all this in public feels cathartic but to be honest no one is looking any better or worse at the end of this.

Are you sure? All I wanted was to see what kind of black the Grasshopper Black Edition was...

• Like 3

Mokei, I had no idea that you are/were actually Miramar. Belatedly...welcome back to TC. :)

Just seeing that nickname brings back memories of the early days of TC and the vintage phenomenon. A time when nobody in their wildest dreams could have predicted what would happen in the years to come.

What a great time it was too. All of the vintage kits and parts available in abundance. If you had to wait a week for any part to become available on ebay then it was considered to be "hard to find", lol. Many parts have not been seen for sale for a number of years now. :mellow:

The last 10 to 15 years have been an amazing time to be involved in this hobby. And with the contributions of crucial members like both you and the guys at tamiyablog, the next 15 can be just as great. Even if you guys cannot reconcile your differences, it shoudn't be forgotten how important a part you all played together in making TC, and the vintage community, what it has become. Try to keep that in mind. B)

• Like 1

Come on guy's what example is this setting for our newest members. If you want to have a go at each other use PM'S.

Steve.

Back to the topic in hand....I hope the body of this is just like the Lunchbox & Pumpkin Black Special....ie simply moulded in flat black plastic. No chrome or metallic nonsense please.

• Like 1

I second that. The grasshopper must surely be one of Tamiya's most iconic buggies. If this does come to fruition I will be buying one to thrash lol.

I hope it's offered with a 540 motor and some black edition hop ups :)

It is, I refer you to the Hornet

• Like 2

^+1

That looks pretty rad. A must have for sure for me. I'll take two please Mr T, one runner and one for the collection.

I like the black Grasshopper , with the yellow wheels . Almost looks like a hornet .

I think i WILL get 1 or 2 of theses & will get some of them yellow wheels for sure .

• Like 1

I think they peaked at the Candy Green edition - not keen on this new one at all...

• Like 1

I liked the candy green too. Still available at Tamico...have to say, I was tempted but I'm in the Hornet camp!

I liked the candy green too. Still available at Tamico...have to say, I was tempted but I'm in the Hornet camp!

Tried to order a green one from Tamico but couldn't find UK in the drop down when you enter your address.. or figure out some of the German text.. ??

Did get black and white ones on order from Time Tunnel tho.. ;)

You can right click google translate to work out the Tamico site. I placed an order successfully with them, arrived yesterday :)

You can right click google translate to work out the Tamico site. I placed an order successfully with them, arrived yesterday :)

did that but still couldn't find UK in the drop down for postage... anyway all sorted now I ordered a black one to run instead.. and a white one as a house ornament ;)

If the color in the pics is slightly off, & that bottom strips is green, Tamiya made a good move to appeal to a younger audience.

Personally, I like it. Of course black seems to be my favorite color all the time :) Will these body sets be available? I just ordered a set of black Watanabe hornet wheels(the only thing on that car that doesn't make me cringe) to make my car into a midnight grasshornet(it has the hornet rear conversion).

I'm excited to see this come out.

Personally I really like the look of this little guy. i have a fully restored original and have run/bashed/crashed many others over the years and still love the way it looks and doesn't handle! I don't want to run the original (too much time and money -a cheap beginners car -HA!) but would have no such reservations with a black one

If the color in the pics is slightly off, & that bottom strips is green, Tamiya made a good move to appeal to a younger audience.

Personally, I like it. Of course black seems to be my favorite color all the time :) Will these body sets be available? I just ordered a set of black Watanabe hornet wheels(the only thing on that car that doesn't make me cringe) to make my car into a midnight grasshornet(it has the hornet rear conversion).

I'm excited to see this come out.

I think the stripes were too Hornet-like so I ordered a set of originals for my black edition.. ;)

I picked my Grasshopper Black Edition up yesterday. Unfortunately the body has a few imperfections. Maybe a case of Tamiya's quality control not up to scratch?

Anyway the shop I bought it at will exchange it for me.

image_zpsnz3qywfm.jpg

image_zpsywfdj0c0.jpg

s1294.photobucket.com/user/Stevepickles/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpshzs4uxgo.jpg.html]image_zpshzs4uxgo.jpg[/url]

image_zpse36ticno.jpg

• Like 1

So it's molded in black and not painted black? Interesting... might have to think about this. I keep thinking it would be neat to have a second Grasshopper, so I can keep one stock and experiment on the other.