Mokei Kagaku

Grasshopper Black Edition in the pipeline.....

What colour is the driver tree in the black edition? Will be easier to paint if it's white..

Driver tree is white, only differences between the original GH and the black edition are, wheels, body, springs and stickers ( from what I've seen anyway )

Driver tree is white, only differences between the original GH and the black edition are, wheels, body, springs and stickers ( from what I've seen anyway )

Ah good thanks I was hoping that was the case..

Should get mine during the week I'll be checking that body moulding first now! ;)

I wouldn't say any of those were imperfections at all personally. You get all the same marks on any black ABS body - blackfoot for example.

The idea is that for a perfect finish you will paint over the plastic. Just like the original was always meant to be painted white.

I think you guys expect too much sometimes / don't understand the mass production manufacturing techniques in practice for what is a cheap RC kit.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say any of those were imperfections at all personally. You get all the same marks on any black ABS body - blackfoot for example.

The idea is that for a perfect finish you will paint over the plastic. Just like the original was always meant to be painted white.

I think you guys expect too much sometimes / don't understand the mass production manufacturing techniques in practice for what is a cheap RC kit.

Cheap..?? I'll have you know sir that I paid 58 of my English pounds for mine and I expect it to be perfect! :D

Mad Zero, what color are the stickers? Especially the bottom stripe.

Mad Zero, what color are the stickers? Especially the bottom stripe.

Not got mine yet bud but I didn't like the Hornetesque look in the photos plus the bottom stripe was too near to the black so I'm putting original coloured ones on.. will also make it a bit different..

Well aware of mass manufacturing techniques and the 'marks' are imperfections. Swirls and slight marks are normal in black ABS, but these 'cracks' are not. They are visible through to the inside of the body and would need a fine filler to solve the issue. New body on its way.

Their not cracks though, they're swirl marks from the injection moulding process. The next body you receive will also have them, since it will be made on the same production line.

When plastic is injected in its liquid state it isn't all pressed into the mould via the same port - there are multiple entry points. When the plastic 'flows' meet they form swirls on the smooth surface, but are typically still very flat. This means that with a small amount of prep work they will not be visible on the completed body.

When we have sprues or trees of parts the injection points are along the branches to avoid this and other potentially weakening effects.

Now that you do know the moulding process you can appreciate why your next spare part will also feature these marks, albeit not in exactly the same positions since it is somewhat random as to where the swirls will form.

It certainly is not an indication of poor quality.

• Like 4

Yup got mine today and has the same swirl issue in the same place it's fine tho all perfectly solid and won't be noticeable on a runner so not an issue for me..

Chris was right, the replacement body also had the swirls in the same place. Just painted and looks fine. Now for stickers and clear coat.

Looks nice indeed. Thanks for postin up some shots of your finished build. Lookin forward to the arrival of mine soon. :)

Cool to see Frank Evans still behind the wheel after all these years.

Love them yellow rims , I'm going too buy some i would say :D ..

I don't like the colors of the decals.

I don't like the use of the gray in the numbers and in the stripes, I don't like the red lettering on black and I don't like the yellow in the wheels (I hate dayglow colors) and the yellow in the stripes, too light in my opinion.

That's only my opinion obviously.

Max

• Like 2

I'm with you there Max - loved the Candy Green Edition but this is not for me...

But hey, different strokes for different folks :)

• Like 1

I have to say it looks a lot better in the plastic so to speak!

Anyone know if they release the body sets at the same time as the kits, or do they wait for a while?

I'd say it's highly unlikely that an official spare body set will be made available for this one.

RC chop shops usually post bodysets on Fleabay within seconds of the kits becoming available. Not sure about official suppliers though.

As XV says, lots of these "special editions" are actually very economical kits to split for parts, so lots of retailers will be supplying spares for some time. Ask Neil at time Tunnel if he has any Jun Watanabe coloured tyres!!

I'd say it's highly unlikely that an official spare body set will be made available for this one.

Why?! . They come out for the others & we need spears . As people DO run them .

Mr T is in it for the money & there is a great way to make more . Business sence i would think .