Mokei Kagaku

Grasshopper Black Edition in the pipeline.....

As XV says, lots of these "special editions" are actually very economical kits to split for parts, so lots of retailers will be supplying spares for some time. Ask Neil at time Tunnel if he has any Jun Watanabe coloured tyres!!

The Watanabe Hornet is not a limited edition kit though so it's no surprise that spares for it are plentiful. IMO A better indicator for how freely available bodies could be for this kit is to look at the equivalent parts of the Fighting Buggy. I think there have been about twenty of them available worldwide on ebay and now they are nowhere to be seen. As for stuff like the bodies for the Metallic Hotshot and Neo Scorcher....well there haven't been any of them whatsoever. However I am sure there will be a reasonable initial supply of these Black Hopper unique parts, but nowhere near the amount compared to the standard Hopper parts that are still easy to find.

Why?! . They come out for the others & we need spears . As people DO run them .

Mr T is in it for the money & there is a great way to make more . Business sence i would think .

As far as I am aware there have only been two official spare body sets....where all of the parts are supplied and put together in official Tamiya packaging...for the re-releases. Those being the Sand Scorcher and Buggy Champ. All of the others have been supplied as individual spares and then put together as sets by ebay sellers.

There's a black Grasshopper body on the Bay at the moment. It appeared last night. I thought someone would have snapped it up by now. There were some stickers too, but they went fairly quickly.

Apparently I'm the only person that doesn't like the green body. Just goes to show, everyone has different tastes.

I saw the body for sale in the UK, but the shipping to the US is almost as much as the body. I'll just have to wait until someone on this side of the pond starts parting kits. I got my black Watanabe wheels today, so I'll keep checking.

I'm actually really liking my Blackhopper (lol I'm patenting that name!) now that it's got it's stripes on, I used the red/green ones on mine as I don't like the yellow ones it makes it look like a Hornet..

Any pics Mad?

Hi, I just got a bit more prep to do on the chassis (locknuts here n there and some waterproofing) then it'll be done - should be in my showroom by this evening.. ;)

• Like 1

I don't like the colors of the decals.

I don't like the use of the gray in the numbers and in the stripes, I don't like the red lettering on black and I don't like the yellow in the wheels (I hate dayglow colors) and the yellow in the stripes, too light in my opinion.

That's only my opinion obviously.

Max

Ditto, on all of it.

Managed to nab the only set of spare wheels and decals that I have seen so far on ebay. They aren't going on a black bodied 'hopper though, I have different plans for them.

image.jpg1_zpsqrgafud2.jpg

• Like 1