Sign in to follow this  
Mirrorman

CVA shock damper for WR-02 chassis help

Sorry if this has been aswered before, but I'm still very fresh to RC cars.

I just ordered a set of CVA short dampers to fit the WR-02 chassis. The thing is the seller says in the description that these are also compatible with CW-01 chassis .. is this true?

If so, why do the CW01 dampers have a different part no. :blink:

Heres' a copy of the description form the seller :

- Brand : Tamiya
- Item Type : WR-02 CVA Short Shock Unit - White
- Item No: 84351
- Compatible with CW-01 chassis.

That is incorrect, they would be too short for cw-01 chassis, hence why Tamiya have released a separate cw-01 set

• Like 2

That will be a typo from the shop, max lenght of these shocks is 70mm but you need longer springs.

They do fit the wt-01 and wr-01 chassis.

• Like 2

Thanks Taffer and waterbok. It didn't seem correct, but being new to Tamiya RC I was confused on this. (My background is with Tamiya slot cars)

From what I've read around the forum oil shocks can help improve the manners of some cars, like those based on a WR-02 chassis .. correct ?

Are the shocks supplied in the kit that bad ?

What is the correct length for the dampers to be used on this chassis?

I've seen some really nice looking pre-assembled metal dampers from china that state the length (hole - hole) but I'm not sure which is the correct size.

Don't waste your $ on China carp shocks. Plastic CVAs would work better than any cheapo.

From what I've read around the forum oil shocks can help improve the manners of some cars, like those based on a WR-02 chassis .. correct ?

Are the shocks supplied in the kit that bad ?

What car are you fixing?

WR02 WildWilly2 needs oil shocks, kit gear is a joke.

CW01 (I assume "Lunchbox") I don't think oil shocks improve it all that much. Better to put your effort towards "5th Shock Mod"... and that don't even need to be an oil shock either, can recycle a springy u dampened device off the WR02 after upgrading to CVA.

Don't waste your $ on China carp shocks. Plastic CVAs would work better than any cheapo.

(...)

CW01 (I assume "Lunchbox") I don't think oil shocks improve it all that much. Better to put your effort towards "5th Shock Mod"... and that don't even need to be an oil shock either, can recycle a springy u dampened device off the WR02 after upgrading to CVA.

So true. :)

What car are you fixing?

WR02 WildWilly2 needs oil shocks, kit gear is a joke.

So what u recamend for the wild willy 2 then either tamiya or aftermarket