tarznatz

Tire Foam insert question - CC-01 Jeep Wrangler

Hello all;

It's been a while since I've been on here but I have bought myself a Jeep Wrangler and have a question...

I decided to purchase these http://store.rc4wd.com/6-Lug-Wagon-19-Steel-Stamped-Beadlock-Wheels-White_p_1931.html

RC4WD 1.9 Lug steel white wagon wheels for this build, but never having used these before i was wondering a couple of things:

1) Do these RC4WD wheels require that I use tire foam inserts?

2) Can I use the kit provided tires or is that not recommended?

Any other thoughts or recommendations are welcome. This build will be a mini-replica of my actual 1994 Jeep Wrangler seen here, so I want to get this right....

wagonwheels2_zpsb62de2af.jpg

The use of tyre foams is more to do with the tyres than the wheels. You can run those wheels with or without foams -your choice.

The stock CC-01 tyres are 1.9 size, so yes they would fit the wheels. However they don't grip particularly well, so you might want to consider alternatives anyway.

ok, thanks.

Suggestions on alternative tires that would be good for forest trail running, slight mud, perhaps sand as well?

uh oh, in looking around TC, it seems most CC-01 jeeps are outfitted with RC4WD 1.55 rims and tires.

I expect the 1.9's will work with the kit tires, but should i purchase an alternative 1.9 tire (like dirt grabbers, mud thrashers, etc) will that pose a problem with height?

thx

Probably. I have both of those 1.9 tires you mention, and I have concerns about fitment. They don't work particularly well on my lexan bodied Land Cruiser and it has more clearance than the Jeep hard plastic bodied CC-01 that I had intended them for.

EDIT: you beat me to it by a few seconds.