XV Pilot

Mf-01x - suzuki jimny, mercedes g-wagen & others

If the Jimny is a success for Tamiya, what other shells do you think we might see on this chassis? There are quite a few that I'd like to see, such as the Mitsubishi Pajero iO, the Daihatsu Terios, the early Toyota RAV4 (back when it was still a small SUV), maybe even the older Jimny in proper scale form rather than as a Willy cartoon.

What do y'all think we might see on this chassis in the future?

Also, anyone remember from last yeasr how long Shizuoka releases typically take to appear in UK shops?

Maybe the NISMO JUKE would be nice.

I would love to see a Juke shell released by Tamiya. However size and proportions-wise, I wonder if it wouldn't fit better on a slightly bigger chassis? Perhaps a SWB TT-02 or the like?

How about the 1/12 scale Porsche 959 on MF-01S with 210mm wheelbase?

• Like 1

If the Jimny is a success for Tamiya, what other shells do you think we might see on this chassis? There are quite a few that I'd like to see, such as the Mitsubishi Pajero iO, the Daihatsu Terios, the early Toyota RAV4 (back when it was still a small SUV), maybe even the older Jimny in proper scale form rather than as a Willy cartoon.

Interesting idea.... looking into the 1:32 range for a guide, there is two different Suzuki Jimnys... an open top version like the Wild Willy, and a more scale looking Jimny 'widebody'.... going on those, we could well see a Rav4, and I'd be all for that - it would match well with my Kyosho....

Of course, I'm with GregM about the 959..... :ph34r:

Alex

The 959 surely will be on the cards but I'd also like to see the older Suzuki Jimny or Samurai as it's often known... but then I'd love if they brought out that's predecessor the LJ80 [emoji39]

d73cdf625746efe834d5c7f8026afafd.jpg

• Like 4

looks like a proper Jimny we have in UK! is rear end axle then or wish bone? stance looks great hope it has light buckets etc.

any better pics?

I think the shell looks brilliant - exactly what I was hoping for.

Now I wonder what lies beneath?

I think it will look very TL01-ish as suspected.

Want to do one of these in the common UK two-tone colours!

Could be a nice little trail runner - another one to add to the want list...!

Nice, with four 1.55 little wheels it will looks amazing, IMHO.

Exactly what I was just thinking. I'm seeing this as a mini-CC01, although hopefully with better steering.

looks like a proper Jimny we have in UK! is rear end axle then or wish bone? stance looks great hope it has light buckets etc.

any better pics?

I am hoping live axle, I prefer them to have a similar setup to the 1:1. If it is wish bone in the rear I will wait for a rere 959/Celica, wishful thinking I know.

I am hoping live axle, I prefer them to have a similar setup to the 1:1. If it is wish bone in the rear I will wait for a rere 959/Celica, wishful thinking I know.

Looks like double-wishbone suspension all around from even the preview picture on that link.

This is quite an attractive release! The chassis may look like a modified TL-01, but the shell is great! I will not be surprised if this proves quite popular :)

The servo horn hole is much-appreciated for ease of access to that part - having had to reattach one on numerous occasions, I can vouch for it!

The rear-mounted motor is curious, I agree, but wonder if variable damper mounting points will be missed on this particular vehicle. No comment on the mix of fixed and adjustable links...

Perhaps the MF-01X is a fusion of TL/FF-01 and M-chassis parts; hence the motor position.

Um... That's a bit odd... 4WD with a motor in the rear...? Short fixed-length front upper links with long adjustable rear upper links...? Hole in the chassis for a tantalising glimpse of the servo horn...? Fixed shock locations front and rear...?

I agree with you that the motor in the rear is odd for a 4wd, but I'm guessing there was no other place to put it since they had to allow room for the adjustable chassis blocks? Regarding the shocks, I'd also guess we'll see hop-up shock towers, like for the M05, M06, etc. Too bad they just didn't allow more adjustability in the kit though.

Still, overall, I'm thrilled with Tamiya for releasing this chassis. Hopefully, it will allow for sufficient gearing options, because I see a ton of potential for custom-built swb trail trucks.

Steve

I could not tell from the picture about what the rear suspension is like, is there a bigger one that people are referring to? I assumed irs rear with the motor being in the back, would be a good setup for a 959.

I like it! Looks like a good platform to tinker with. Hopefully the price point will be in line with the other M-chassis.

A 959 version looks like a no-brainer, probably the Celica too, but other small classic rally cars are possible as well... updated Ascona or Quattro? Peugeot 205 maybe? Oh, the gears are turning already...

Even though this is a mini chassis, can the suspension arms be swapped to increase width? I have a Protoform Tornado shell that is ~210 mm wheelbase and ~185 mm width. A MF-01X with this shell would make a nice Gymkhana model... Just like a Traxxas rally...

802.jpg

• Like 2