XV Pilot

Mf-01x - suzuki jimny, mercedes g-wagen & others

No pics I'm afraid but...

I used a spare axle shaft, drilled a 4mm hole and used some big washers either side to reduce the risk of splitting the shell. I think I used some spare plastic wheel hexes to space the rim away from the shell.

Simple and very very cheap (assuming you have the bits!)

Awesome wonder which driver he used, the body looks way better for and aft over arches compared to mine to makes me think I have done summat wrong.

So I'm wanting to build up another chassis and can't help but notice the body I've picked means sourcing another Medium wheelbase propshaft - for which there is no 5-digit number.

The manual states part no. 13485216 for the medium length, which I can't find for sale individually. There is no 5-digit number yet. Do I hold out for someone to make an aluminium bling version (Yeah Racing perhaps or GPM) and if so how long would you estimate it would take for that sort of product to hit the market?

So I'm wanting to build up another chassis and can't help but notice the body I've picked means sourcing another Medium wheelbase propshaft - for which there is no 5-digit number.

The manual states part no. 13485216 for the medium length, which I can't find for sale individually. There is no 5-digit number yet. Do I hold out for someone to make an aluminium bling version (Yeah Racing perhaps or GPM) and if so how long would you estimate it would take for that sort of product to hit the market?

I'm confused, doesn't the kit come with the medium prop shaft already?

I am indeed intending to build one from surplus parts with the addition of just the A and B parts sprues and that illusive propshaft.

I might try ordering the 8-digit part number from a UK parts distributor and see what happens. Knowing my luck, a cheap 3rd-party hop up will appear after I have made these enquiries!

I did see that site linked but have never come across it previously so I was reluctant to dig any further.

Have you considered buying the long version of the prop shaft,cutting it to size and drilling a new hole?

Or you can buy some 5mm steel rod from Ebay and make your own using the existing shaft as a guide.

well folks I started my build today, only done the front diff & gearbox as I am still waiting for a better servo.

I used some aw grease but man is that stuff thick ! I built a diff up & then redid it with little aw in it.

the Tamiya grease was used on the plastic gear \diff parts, with the aw on the metal internal diff gears & pins parts but only a very very small amount.

still learning as I have not build a rc car \ jeep etc for around 25 years.... great fun so far even if it is only for 20 mins.

just waiting for the servo so I can crack on as I don't really want to skip a part on this build.

however I am a tad worried about spraying the body because me & paint do not go hand in hand..... but I will give it a go when I need to.

kenny

post-44883-0-89716300-1440272771_thumb.j post-44883-0-16123400-1440272770_thumb.j post-44883-0-76633200-1440272770_thumb.jpost-44883-0-27993300-1440272771_thumb.j

that's a bit mad ! to fast for me to control at that size as I would need some ninja skills to keep it up right :rolleyes:.

looks cool but a tad unstable but with some more driving skills it could work fine for some of you folks.....

just been reading the build log etc ( in English thanks to google translate ).

however I can not carry on my jimny build due to the servo not being with me for a few more weeks :( the sold as been sold out & it is now on back order.

but I have other rc things to carry on with in the meanwhile.

I like the "Subaru Sambar track" WRC specification body. 2ed114z.jpg

:) Well l just beat down my new Jimmy!

I have to say I give it 2 thumbs up!

It took more and did more than I ever suspected it to do and then some!

I hope I got some good video and will put something together hopefully soon!

and a must put vent holes in the tires tread or Thu get filled up withstand like a qurter of the way full!

I've been thinking about my mk2 and how I could successfully make it a drift car. The weight distribution is a major limiting factor with the standard chassis, but such is the modular design of the chassis and suspension I've been wondering if it would be practical to turn the back into the front...

The major problem is the steering geometry and how one might avoid having the steering mechanism clash with the dampers. I've checked clearance with my desired bodyshell and all is well, so now it's just a case of waiting for parts and having a bit of a play.

I have been looking at buying the parts to build one of these. Banzai has all that I would need bar three items. Stock length propshaft, motor plate and dog bones.

They have the short and long propshafts at just over a quid each so I can get around that. The motor plate I can make but I cannot find anyway to get the dog bones cheap. I think they are the same as the M0 range but no short part number = no find.

That parts I need including Tamiya bearing kit came to about £50 posted. No wheels or shell but I have other plans. No shocks but I have a stock of CVA's

Am just in the process of doing the same buddy.

You can save a few quid getting the bearings elsewhere - the Tamiya ones are expensive.

If you look over at Rcmart you can get aftermarket dogbones or universals for very little from either 3Racing or Yeah Racing. That's what I'm doing anyhow!

Gone over budget a little but now waiting on parts to build a long wheelbase MF01 Drifter :)

Late night retail therapy :D

Am just in the process of doing the same buddy.

You can save a few quid getting the bearings elsewhere - the Tamiya ones are expensive.

If you look over at Rcmart you can get aftermarket dogbones or universals for very little from either 3Racing or Yeah Racing. That's what I'm doing anyhow!

Banzai have the bearing set for about a tenner, that seems cheaper than the EBay lot to me. Not sure what quality the Tamiya ones are though, I am used to RC bearings sealed ones

EDIT: best price I can find for dog bones is about a fiver delivered. Universals are £8 so I might plump for them. I am guessing M chassis universals will fit?

I got 3racing or year racing universals from Stella or asiatees these were for M-03 and work fine will prob get same for rear! now Stella the have the 3 official hop ups in stock to doh!

Another order needed lol

Whoops just ordered the 3 hop ups and the big bore M chassis dampers from stella, says hop ups come in on 27th August so not long!

• Like 1

just ordered myself these too =
1 x 54659 MF-01X Carbon Damper Stay (Rear) GBP 6.20
1 x 54658 MF-01X Aluminum Servo Mount GBP 8.09
1 x 54660 MF-01X Aluminum Motor Mount GBP 7.52

B) should be with me in time with my servo so I can carry on the build.......

cheers for the heads up on the above parts lee & folks.

kenny

cool yea cant beat a bit of bling to and the motor mount will help with heat!