XV Pilot

Mf-01x - suzuki jimny, mercedes g-wagen & others

its is cool. Been looking at jimny on google and some of the size of the wheels, they look bigger than the jimny

mr fog

Had a go at cutting one of the SDI Trail Doctors last night - what a nightmare! Still one is done but its not perfect. Also the RC4WD beadlock wheels are a notorious pain to put together - couple that with a cut a shut tyre my patience was wearing thin last night! One whole evening and only 1 tyre cut and glued and not even mounted lol Still - should be worth it in the end...

I found some slightly larger rally block tyres with a 75mm diameter for a 1.9 rim, just waiting on post to arrive.

• Like 1

Quick and dirty picture of my roof rack and lights installation - the lights are excellent...

IMG-20151120-WA0009.jpeg

thanks skip. Ok what about the cool box and other stuff where do you get all that from?

fog

c1c353fa7987b496bce544e5ccf1f835.jpg

Bits arrived for my parts build special. One issue, I ordered all the hop up parts about a week after this so need to wait to start

Don't suppose you have a list of the parts you ordered including the hop ups do you? :)

Looks good but I have never been a fan of the Tamiya BFGs - they are just too hard :(

Looks good but I have never been a fan of the Tamiya BFGs - they are just too hard :(

I use these BFG's as all-round tire an my Egress. Plenty of traction offroad, hard enough onroad.

I use these BFG's as all-round tire an my Egress. Plenty of traction offroad, hard enough onroad.

I guess it depends on the terrain but the muddy/leafy place I usually drive scale off-road they just werent soft enough. I even cut every other tread off to try and improve things but no luck :(

Hence their rather apt nickname of 'hockey pucks' :P

They offer very little grip whatsoever and because the tread isn't that aggressive they tend to just clog up with dirt and become like big spinning discs. Ain't no amount of locked diffs going to change that!

Tyres aside that looks really nice, I like the headlamps.

I've just ordered more (Eek) parts for my MF01 drifter, mainly bling. The weather is bad now so I'm focusing more on my off-roaders, unless I can find an indoor track locally of course (North Hertfordshire anyone?!).

Don't suppose you have a list of the parts you ordered including the hop ups do you? :)

I am going to start a build thread soon. I think I used some parts on another build so I needed to buy some more

That depends on your intended use. I find plastic CVAs work beautifully on mine for trail use.

Any 50mm dampers will do the trick, generally you get what you pay for but Tamiya items are rather pricey, however they feel like quality items with good seals and tight tolerances.

The Yeah Racing Shock Gear range feel very very similar to the Tamiya TRF dampers, at around half the price. I'm sure the quality isn't as great under a microscope, but for a model car racing around at ankle-height I think you have to take a rather pragmatic approach!