XV Pilot

Mf-01x - suzuki jimny, mercedes g-wagen & others

Sounds like a good deal to me. If the Yeah Racing shocks are from their "Shock Gear" range then they're actually very good and well made.

Can I ask a favour please?
Could someone who has one of these to measure the distance between the outside to outside of the hubs front and rear (not including the hex width)
I know the specs say the track is 138mm but as far as I’m aware that is from the outside to outside of the wheels.
I just need to know this so I can try and figure out if the chassis will work for a project I have in mind
The wheelbase should be fine is just the width of it

Cheers

Capture_zpsocmyhiub.jpg

Front - 134.2

Rear - 135.5

However - this is on my drift car project which has reinforced lower suspension arms (Tamiya) and about 2 degrees of negative camber front and rear.

So 138 is probably not far wrong.

Thanks, took me a while to find the link as if you search for them on eBay UK they won't appear - even though the seller will post to the UK.

eBay link

They're incredibly soft too which is great, however like most cheap Chinese tyres I'm not going to count my chickens yet, as in my experience they harden over time when out in the atmosphere...

Joy, the ONLY country he won't send these too is the USA. They are ringing up just under $10 usd, BUT, not going to get them shipped to me and I am certain that haveing them sent to another member PLUS the shipping from that member to me will make these tires cost way too much, what a pity, they look the part.

Well, if you want them enough I'd gladly help -

Royal Mail from UK to USA -

International Standard £5.00 - 5 to 7 days

International Economy £3.75 - up to 42 days

I will bear that in mind, my first step would be to get one of these little gems. Anyone know if Tamiya has told us about a different body for this chassis to come out this year??

Oh. right, I think I will stick with the Jimny then :P How about a Rav4 or CRV again Tamiya, you did it once, do it again.

Yep - Mercedes G320 Cabriolet -

G230.png

That is quite cool. It must come with an interia then.

Either that or it depicts a car with the top up, like they do with their Miata shells for example.

Either that or it depicts a car with the top up, like they do with their Miata shells for example.

Boooo

So I went ahead and purchased this

Thanks Chris... My Mini Montecarlo Rallye may just come to fruition. I'm looking at an mf-01x for $90 shipped..

it's new built never been driven.
No body (not that I'd use the Jimmy)
Yeah racing aluminum shocks (not a fan)
Full ball bearing kit
Axial ae5 esc
Tactic Rx and Transmitter
Kyosho 200oz servo
Axial 35t motor

Worth it?

Seller dropped the price to $80 and I ended up buying it. Received Friday.. worked on it a little bit, switched it over to lower suspension setting, since I plan on using it as an M chassis Rallye, put on some m cassis s grips on rear and hard on front.. took it for a spin and its very responsive and goes where you ask it to go. I also noticed that you can go up to 24t pinion without an issue! I dropped a Mabuchi 540SH with 24T and it moved very well, much faster than a standard m chassis.

The prior builder tightened a few screws too tight.. usually that leads to stripped holes, but with this chassis it seems the plastic cracks. I noticed it on two areas.

I went ahead and ordered the short propeller shaft and m chassis rallye blocks.. :)

Thanks, took me a while to find the link as if you search for them on eBay UK they won't appear - even though the seller will post to the UK.

eBay link

They're incredibly soft too which is great, however like most cheap Chinese tyres I'm not going to count my chickens yet, as in my experience they harden over time when out in the atmosphere...

These tyres arrived within a couple of weeks and I got the chance to try them in anger yesterday - they are definitely better than rally blocks and offer a little more ground clearance. For £6.50 delivered they are a no-brainer really for anyone looking to trail their Jimny...

Hi to all

here it is my MF01X model with some upgrade :D

Its a short 210mm WB, with Mini Body

3DB45Jx.jpg?1

HTUECzT.jpg?1

vy4IzzS.jpg?1

qVLJRN7.jpg?1

I have already in mind some more option for it and some I already did

I switched the Yeah racing shocks with Tamiya CVA Mini (50519) installed at 58mm lenght with the long stock spring, works fine but need a softer spring

Hi to all

here it is my MF01X model with some upgrade :D

Its a short 210mm WB, with Mini Body

3DB45Jx.jpg?1

HTUECzT.jpg?1

vy4IzzS.jpg?1

qVLJRN7.jpg?1

I have already in mind some more option for it and some I already did

I switched the Yeah racing shocks with Tamiya CVA Mini (50519) installed at 58mm lenght with the long stock spring, works fine but need a softer spring

Nice work. Did you modify / cut the duck tail on the rear part of chassis to allow the body fit?

No

not need to cut, since the wheel are tall (64mm) you need to rise the body so the bottom of the body is higher than the duck tail, is just sitting on it

I ordered the wheel that ChrisRx718 discover and also a RC4WD Z-T0058 Mickey Thompson 1.55 Baja MTZ Scale Tires + Z-W0036 Stamped Steel 1.55 Stock Black Beadlock Wheel that is quite taller (84mm) than the stock wheel installed now (64mm), so I think to rise the body a little more to accomodate the new wheels it will be good also to make more room for longer shocks installation that I will do in the future ;)

oops

I notice that the picture I posted is little old, I will post some newer picture shortly, from those picture I installed CVA Mini shocks and a nice 55T motor :D

Hehe - I might hold you to that :) Definitely think it will be my next purchase - I love the little Jimny and running it off-road

• Like 1

I like this body

do you know the Wheelbase?

still 225mm?

Sorry no information on that at the moment - I would hazard a guess that its the same as the Jimny though

I don't know the wheelbase of the G-Wagen model either, but when it was announced back in December, I made a comparison of the 1:1 Jimny and 1:1 SWB G-Wagen (on which the Cabrio is based). Surprisingly, though the 1:1 G-Wagen looks so big and the 1:1 Jimny so small, the only big difference in the basic body measurements is in the height. The Tamiya Jimny is very close to true 1:10 scale on the MWB version (225mm) of the MF-01X chassis. Similarly, the Tamiya G-Wagen would be very close to true 1:10 scale on the LWB version (239mm) of the MF-01X chassis. And with longer wheelaxles ("WR-02 rear type"), the width would be pretty correct too.

So I hope Tamiya have decided for the MF-01X LWB for the G-Wagen.

• Like 1

Hope you are right there - would be nice to see Tamiya make use of the different wheelbases with the next MF01-X

• Like 1

Hope you are right there - would be nice to see Tamiya make use of the different wheelbases with the next MF01-X

Hope so :D