XV Pilot

Mf-01x - suzuki jimny, mercedes g-wagen & others

You may already know this but you're gonna need the MX60 wheels for those tires. They don't fit Tamiya's m chassis wheels.

Thanks, I literally did my research only last night and also read the same on another forum. What a pain! At least the rims are cheap. Tyres, not so much!!

Dorvack, c'mon - it always matters what it looks like!

Yes there is an element of 'pig' to it, I have a 239mm body which I'm not that bothered about. But I also plan to utilise a rare Eunos Roadster body I've procured, which is 225mm wb. This will need to look good, just because!

hi

So who has one the jimny then, so what paint job did you go for????? post your pics.

Myself i am looking to get one now, its grown on me some what. So looking for some ideas on paint jobs .

mr fog

Here are some photos of yesterday's outing with our MF-01X Jimny and TL-01 Evoque:

DSC05279_zps3dlwki9u.jpg

DSC05287_zpsnm1y1are.jpg

DSC05293_zpsls47dmos.jpg

• Like 2

I had a go at repositioning the interior in mine last night and made a start painting it - looks much better - really need to make the effort to get it out on the trail properly! Will post a picture when its finished.

xv pilot looking good and skip655 cannot wait to see the interior, would there be a wild willy in there??????.

Well i haven't bought the kit yet but i am working on some paint designs just on paper 1st. I think that painting would take longer than making the chassis would.

mr fog

skip655 cannot wait to see the interior, would there be a wild willy in there??????.

Its nothing special - but the drivers head is from a Super Blackfoot to keep it reasonably scale looking.

Great, saw a youtube clip and someone had made an interior but no driver, it did look good thought.

Maybe we have to press gang toykid to make heads and body's for the jimny.

Mr fog

Inspired by XV's pictures I took Jim out for a little run / thrash. Got stuck a few times, so will lock the front diff when it's next on the bench.

All the parts have arrived now for the drift car build - save for the wheel / tyre combo, so I'm going to get that started and maybe it deserves its' own thread? I don't think we've had an on-road MF01 build yet.

DSC_0288.jpg

I'd say your drifter certainly deserves a build thread. It'll be the first on the forum, and may inspire others to do the same. And even if it doesn't, I'm sure it'll make for interesting reading.

Anyone tried to fit lights to their Jimny? I have ordered a 3D printed roof rack and some lights for the rack (thinking about some winter evening off-roading :) ) but wondered if any other options had been explored?

Anyone tried to fit lights to their Jimny? I have ordered a 3D printed roof rack and some lights for the rack (thinking about some winter evening off-roading :) ) but wondered if any other options had been explored?

I will be hotglueing some buckets behind the front lights and modify a stripe of clear polycarbonate for the rear and fit some led inside the body.

Here's an example I did with my Farmking

IMG_20140608_141014741.jpg

• Like 1

Its been a long, long time since I visited the fantastic trails at "Mousehold" in Norwich (over 5 years or more) but as a birthday treat yesterday I took my two boys (5 and 2) and the Jimny and my old TLT/Axial/Clod scaler out for a trail run. My 5 year old has been getting the hang of controlling RCs and has come on leaps and bounds lately - he took the Jimny and drove it for two hours and had a great time - no breakages and even the mirrors stayed on through the inevitable rollovers :) Only downside was I never got to drive it! We had such a great time we are going again in a couple of weeks - really am living the dream I had when he was born of driving RCs there with him :D

jimny.jpg

• Like 2

Sounds like a great outing!

Anyone else had their Jimny on the trails lately?

We ran for 2 hours on a 4200mah 2S lipo and it was still going at the end :) Joys of an 80t motor :D

That must have shaken around a lot! I used an extra bevel gear to lock the front diff in my CC-01, and even at the low speeds provided by its 60T motor, I noticed vibration from the unbalanced diff until I rebalanced it with small weights opposite the extra gear. I would imagine at the far higher diff RPM of a drifter, the issue would be all the more pronounced.

has anyone seen this new youtube of jimny its by buoy engine, i thought its a real jimny its got a cool driver figure in it as well. Go and check it out (if i knew how to post a link i would hahahah)

Mr fog

Not seen it Mr Fog - what's buoy engine?

Had a proper drive of the Jimny off-road last weekend as my boy was having fun with my new Vaterra Ascender. I have to say I was very impressed with it considering the low ground clearance and rally block tyres. It climbed well and using a bit of wheelspeed didn't get stuck too often. I have a set of 1.5 beadlocks and am waiting for a set of SDI Trail Doctors that I am going to cut down to fit onto them - fingers crossed it works OK as I have never cut tyres down before!

20151115_100840_HDR.jpg

thats his name. You could type in tamiya jimny then go to filters and then go for this month or week. hope this helps

mr fog

thats his name. You could type in tamiya jimny then go to filters and then go for this month or week. hope this helps

mr fog

I saw that vid very cool.....looked like 1.55 rc4wd wagon wheels with 1.55 dirt grabbers......truck looked perfect