XV Pilot

Mf-01x - suzuki jimny, mercedes g-wagen & others

Good news!

Yeah Racing emailed earlier in the week - their hop up part for the rear camber links on the MF01 will be available at the end of the month.

I'm going to order one for both of my cars; I can't think of a better solution to sort the inherent 'problem' which Tamiya seem to have just glossed over. Whether off-road or on-road this kit will do away with the rear upright 'extensions' altogether, basically making the rear suspension the same as the M-05.

yeahracing-TAMC-S07-9.jpg

Great, it might help motivate me to look at it again. The back end is horrible as stock and I cannot take it out the cupboard until it is sorted

• Like 1

Sorry the part ref. is TAMC-022BU Aluminum Rear Rear Camber Link Mount For Tamiya MF01X

No release date just 'end of April' stated in email, so hopefully soon.

• Like 1

Anybody tried the upgrade parts to reduce the wobble in the rear body posts? I believe they are actually for the M-05/06 but work on the MF-01x.

Yeah Racing rear camber link upgrade now available on RCMart. Got one on its' way to me now, will report back whether it works!

Just WHAT are you teasing us with?? Is that an mf-01 under there??? What awesome wheels you found, where are they from, is there a post on this car that I somehow missed ????????

12 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

Just WHAT are you teasing us with?? Is that an mf-01 under there??? What awesome wheels you found, where are they from, is there a post on this car that I somehow missed ????????

There is indeed a MF-01X under there, in 210mm short wheelbase form..

BA34E111-179F-4008-B8F4-0B201EF7D882_zps

FE9E902E-CA05-46A1-B27C-A3FBFE390121_zps

The wheels were some cheap Chinese chrome finish items from eBay, dechromed in a bowl of warm water with a dishwasher tablet..

8BBB43AE-001F-4C6B-A18B-D78448CBC079_zps

They will be runner wheels, I have another cunning plan for the display rims ;)

• Like 4

OH BOY, I just saw a listing for a 1/12 Porsche 959 body from OZ at something like 99 AUD!@!!! Perhaps he saw this and figured he could capitalize on it as it is NOT stated it is a vintage body.

I think I have seen those wheels, nice trick, will have to see what I can do in my upcoming future. KEEP US POSTED on this bad boy.

1 hour ago, Percymon said:

I have another cunning plan for the display rims ;)

...which appears to have been successful

0AFE2DD9-DEEA-409D-BF3A-40E21AE76920_zps

• Like 7

any chance you can post a picture of the 959 body with the stock Suzuki jimmy wheels? i like the body but i was thinking of the stock wheels-just stripped or painted white.. thanks!!

10 hours ago, jeninjohnk said:

any chance you can post a picture of the 959 body with the stock Suzuki jimmy wheels? i like the body but i was thinking of the stock wheels-just stripped or painted white.. thanks!!

I don't have the Jimny wheels, mine was built from my parts stock. The rally block tyre wheels are 70-71mm outer diameter. The yellow ones below with L block tyres are 66mm

1BCA54DD-9E8C-4083-A8A6-5754C225A95D_zps

as are these modern touring car wheels with same L block tyres

ACF5CF19-DE5B-448E-9891-82F5F1DA8996_zps

i did try some mchassis minimites with 60d tyres but they look charicature ridiculously small in comparison, even though they actually measured up at 62mm diameter

• Like 2

I've let you all down :(

The Yeah Racing product received does not work at all with stock or M-05 suspension, it's really only compatible with the Yeah Racing aluminium long-span suspension arms. The problem being that the rear uprights angle too far back towards the chassis for a suitable-sized upper suspension link to be made. The quality is pretty poor too, boo-hoo.

I guess we'll have to live with terrible rear suspension geometry after all.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I've let you all down :(

The Yeah Racing product received does not work at all with stock or M-05 suspension, it's really only compatible with the Yeah Racing aluminium long-span suspension arms. The problem being that the rear uprights angle too far back towards the chassis for a suitable-sized upper suspension link to be made. The quality is pretty poor too, boo-hoo.

I guess we'll have to live with terrible rear suspension geometry after all.

Or cajole pintopower into designing a solution via Shapeways ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Percymon said:

Or cajole pintopower into designing a solution via Shapeways ;)

I have emailed Alberto to see if he is up for the challenge! :)

27 minutes ago, firefoxussr said:

thanks percymon for doing the first 959 shell on the MF!

Looks cool.

Thanks 😀

Still got the interior to finish painting and the rear spoiler to sort out. Plus the window trim lines to paint.

I've got some original mirrors and roof lights to paint too

A few more sessions to go yet :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percymon said:

Thanks 😀

Still got the interior to finish painting and the rear spoiler to sort out. Plus the window trim lines to paint.

I've got some original mirrors and roof lights to paint too

A few more sessions to go yet :rolleyes:

Keep at it.  I still haven't built my TA02SW from last year nor my month-old XV01.  It's like people want me do things other than RC?!

• Haha 1

Percymon

I also bought the yeah racing rear link set and was disappointed to hear it will not work with the original hub carrier.

So I created this new rear hub carrier to work with the yeah racing set and it will be a direct fit to the mf01.

It has two mounting points to be able to adjust as needed.

MF01%20HUB_zpscat2tng8.jpg

MF01%20HUB1_zpsoj2ky8bz.jpg

Just ordered one for my self, if anyone is interested you can find it here:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/QEEJ7LUJC/mf01x-rear-hub-carrier?key=a48ea5afd25e9f3adc0d9c33550e1d5c

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Look forward to seeing that fitted buddy. I'll order some up for myself if they work as expected. Would it be easy to modify the design to accommodate just one lower mounting hole? As I'm running in low height setup for drifting I only use the upper hole. 

Is it the same +1 ( I think) toe angle as OEM?

Jimny got some new roof bars and a plate which would put it among the rocky Mountains!

IMGP0757.jpg

• Like 2

no problem to modify only to the upper hole setup.

Yes it has the same +1 toe angle as OEM

• Like 1

The wheels are also my design and 3d printed, at first I wanted to use 1/14 semi tire but those were to big so I tried the brat tires are they fit great.

20160212_10071701_zpsm274a6ny.jpg

• Like 2