XV Pilot

Mf-01x - suzuki jimny, mercedes g-wagen & others

Love the wheels, look more akin to the original subaru wheels than the ones on the 1/10 brat, great job! 

Wondering if the SMOOTHIE tires would fit onto that rim. I know, call me crazy, but I like skinny tires on the scale looking bodies and I would be prone to drive mine in the street if I make one of these. Thanks for sharing about the wheels, did I miss the link to Shapeways??

Does anyone know if the Mercedes 320 body will be available is a body parts set? 

There is a 7 digit part number for just the body.. 

Thanks for the link and thanks in advance for checking on the tire fitment. I only wish there were a few other tire tread options for the cars to show some sidewall you either have to go with a modern M chassis wheel and a Smoothie if you want a decent sidewall or you have to mock up something altogether different.

another take on the MF-01X, ESC arrived today which was the final piece after a 4 week pause..

0E106848-CCA1-4233-8D76-4D4B0EB95D62_zps

F0BEFD74-9B8A-40E0-8F57-9A51D18B6FCC_zps

82A9AB7E-3462-408D-985F-8E657542CCEE_zps

• Like 3

Great job Percymon..... they're a boggler of a job to paint, especially with all the different colours, the lack of instructions, and the included masks which seem to want you to paint the white first!

Seems to fit nice on the chassis too.... may have to get rid of my TA05-MFour and get one instead!

Alex

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:29 AM, zeppelin said:

Just received the new 3d printed rear hub carrier to work with the yeah racing set, it fits great and the rear suspension is done.

I use it of my mf01x with brat body.

20160701_161517_zps955031jm.jpg

MF01%20HUB1_zpsoj2ky8bz.jpg

20160702_09175801_zpsixnbmyxt.jpg

If anyone is interested you can find it here:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/QEEJ7LUJC/mf01x-rear-hub-carrier?key=a48ea5afd25e9f3adc0d9c33550e1d5c

Nice. Are you going to make the Brat mounts available to buy on Shapeways? And have you made mounts for the lexan version of the shell?

• Like 1

VagabondStarJXF As per your request I published the body mounts for the brat body.

You can find it here:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UUE6LDFUX/tamiya-mf01x-brat-body-mount

please be aware that  to use this configuration you will need the yeah racing rear camber link set for the mf01x.

Also recommended are those hub carriers:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/QEEJ7LUJC/tamiya-mf01x-rear-hub-carrier?optionId=59932141

• Like 3

17 hours ago, zeppelin said:

VagabondStarJXF As per your request I published the body mounts for the brat body.

You can find it here:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UUE6LDFUX/tamiya-mf01x-brat-body-mount

please be aware that  to use this configuration you will need the yeah racing rear camber link set for the mf01x.

Also recommended are those hub carriers:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/QEEJ7LUJC/tamiya-mf01x-rear-hub-carrier?optionId=59932141

Awesome! Thanks zeppelin. I've been wanting a 4WD Brat for a while. It's been annoying me that it has 4WD moulded into the sides but it's fitted on the 2WD ORV chassis.

I've added the body mounts to my shopping cart. I've just ordered a Yeah Racing suspension upgrade kit which includes the camber link (as far as I can tell). It also comes with aluminum arms so I'm gonna see how those work out before I finalize my order. Now if only I hadn't just spent the money I'd set aside for the MF01x kit in order to get that upgrade kit... hahahaha :D 

• Like 2

Just finished my MF-01X.

With the full option from yeah racing, it looks like a AWD On Road... but the rear motor is hitting my  Mini-Cooper 239mm body... which body will fit 239mm ?

would be better if Tamiya placed the Motor mount in the front!

IMG_20160715_222828_HDR_zpsz280likb.jpg

IMG_20160715_222223_HDR_zps08nt9ccp.jpg

IMG_20160715_222207_HDR_zpsqc8rsiea.jpg

IMG_20160715_222150_HDR_zpssrlzswgw.jpg

Can anyone point me to the proper part number for foam tire inserts for the Mercedes G-Wagon?  I have tried 60mm and 62mm tire foams and neither fit.  :angry:

Part number:  53255

07.21.2016-19.23.png

Part number:  53156

07.21.2016-19.24.png

Effigy, 

As I wrote in the other thread, your rims are 1.9 sized rather than M-chassis sized. The tyres are also a taller profile, so traditional touring car foams will be too short. 

You can experiment with 1.9 crawler foams but I think the tyres supplied in the kit are too rigid to benefit from them anyway.

• Like 1

I'm on the phone with Tamiya USA right now.  The CSR said he just built a Jimny and used part 53156 and they worked.  Which I believe because the Jimny uses different tires than the Mercedes.  I'm on hold now while he's checking into it....

Well, straight from the horse's mouth, Tamiya doesn't manufacture any foam tire inserts that will work with these tires.  :(  They said the same thing as you Chris, they're so firm why would you want to use foams?  Well, the rubber still depresses in the center of the tread when pressed upon.  I plan on using these tires on-road and a softer 1.55" aggressive tread tire when running off road.

Luckily, I found a solution!

Well, family life got in the way a bit, so this project has taken way longer than anticipated. Nevertheless, just a couple more touches and I'm ready to give it its first shake-down.

Tamiya MF01 with 225mm wheelbase 

TRF dampers 

Spec R lower suspension arms

M05 uprights / knuckles 

Carbon f/r damper mounts

Aluminium servo horn (££!?)

Aluminium motor mount 

Type RZ motor 

Spec R aluminium propshaft 

Aluminium clamping wheel hexes

Front one-way diff

Universal driveshafts f&r

Yeah Racing rear camber mounts 

Zeppelin 3D printed rear uprights 

3Racing urethane bumper 

Someother bits I've probably forgotten too.

C2C39FC6-8FBC-493D-957A-59E9D8314218.jpg

DD8B736A-95F5-4315-8909-00E7DB74F31C.jpg

015E2F10-F059-42C7-BE94-D7D122C7F6E4.jpg

5E014F06-E34A-4BA9-A8AE-00600B55C903.jpg

Can't decide on wheels. White ones are Kawada shod in proper Kawada drift tyres, silver ones are Active Hobby with harder compound tyres. Then I've got 2 other sets to try out too!

Do you think the rear wing is big enough?! 

• Like 3

That looks ace! Very creative - I would never have thought to take an offroader and turn it into a sportscar!

Chris, is that the M05 front bumper or do they make one specifically for MF01? 

51 minutes ago, jeninjohnk said:

959!!

20160910_220932_1473563583992.jpg

THIS one I like the wheels, they are just begging to be sprayed white though.