XV Pilot

Mf-01x - suzuki jimny, mercedes g-wagen & others

All in all I am liking what I see.

The front end looks like it uses the same geometry, and in all likelyhood the same suspension components, as the M-05. No problems there - as we know they are tough and work well.

The rear appears to have a lot in common with the M-06. Those look like the same lower arms, and I wouldn't be surprised if the gearbox shares a few parts too. Again, this bodes well as it is a tried and tested setup.

The TL-01 used to suffer from problems with stones and debris getting caught between the servo horn and the chassis, jamming the steering. The more recent TL-01 chassis mouldings feature a hole beneath the servo saver, eliminating this problem. I am glad to see this refinement has been carried over to its little sibling.

The mix of fixed front and adjustable rear upper links is the same as seen on the higher-spec M-05 chassis versions. Tamiya sell a pack of different length fixed front upper links to adjust the camber on the front of the M-05. I would be very surprised if they don't fit here too.

The lower suspension arms appear to be standard M-chassis items, which would indicate that track width could be increased by using TL-01 or even TL-01B arms in their stead.

The rear-motor 4x4 layout is what we have seen on fullsize Porsches for many years. I am looking forward to trying it out in model form.

Definitely one for the wish list! :)

• Like 1

Why is this chassis ideal for a 959? Is the wheelbase for this new chassis the same as the original?

Yes - 210 mm, and four-wheel drive!

Edit: And now that it has been pointed out, rear-motor, too ;)

• Like 1

I'm guessing the rear mounted motor is mainly from necessity as it appears to be located in a similar position to the TL01, there just isn't enough space to allow the steering wheels to clear the motor on full lock if you reversed the chassis.

Like XV says, rear mounted 4x4 have been on Porsches, Lambos etc for quite a while now.

I assume that's a lexan body? If so its quite nicely scale, in fact the whole car appears like a proper scaled road car for once. I'm can see I'm gonna need to raise some funds ASAP 😋

If Tamiya does in fact releases a 959 body on top of MX-01 chassis, will there be an uproar? Or will people be accepting?

A measure of each - purists waiting for the original chassis will hate it, while collectors will scavenge satisfaction from having original chassis, and people like me will eventually get their grubby paws on them and hoon about like they are driving Mad Fighters!

Who knows if this is what I will be doing with this Jimny... In the meantime, this is a very nice release!

I don't think people will be as happy as if there was a re-re of the original, but I do think people will be happy on the whole, in the same way as they are when a popular but long-unavailable touring shell from yesteryear makes a reappearance on a modern touring chassis.

Layout looks odd with the engine in the rear and upper arms above the tops of the shocks. I expected it to be more of a M04 rear end, M05 front end (minus the motor) with a bit of TL01 thrown in there.

Once its launched I may have to pick one up, I love the Fiat 1000TCR body, but can't face putting it on the FWD M05 chassis. It won't fit on the M06 easily as the motor is too far back and interferes with the cut out for the engine bay, but this chassis looks like they've moved the motor forward and upwards compared to the M06, so it may fit perfectly without disturbing the TCR's engine bay. It may also fit the HPI Lancia Stratos body which is another one I want but don't have a chassis for.

The Abarth 1000 TCR won't fit, motor will still interfere. Your best bet for that body is a TA05 M-Four, or other brand AWD chassis.

The HPI Lancia needs IFS style shocks. The front is really slanted. I own a TOP Sabre Mini AWD and it will not fit, because of standard shock towers

If it were able to be widened then that opens up the possibility of all of the TA03R-S/F-S bodies too.

What if the upcoming release of the Porsche GT2 isn't going to be on a TA02 at all? It could be on a...TF01-L!

If it were able to be widened then that opens up the possibility of all of the TA03R-S/F-S bodies too.

What if the upcoming release of the Porsche GT2 isn't going to be on a TA02 at all? It could be on a...TF01-L!

Description for the 84399 Porsche is listed as TA02SW

http://www.tamiyausa.com/coming-soon/radio-control-kits-30/4wd-shaft-drive-on-road-%28ta%29-36150/rc-porsche-911-gt2-racing-84399

As for widening this MX chassis, it should be pretty easy to do with the TA02 style arms. Then you can drop a Lancia 037 on there

Lancia Delta body on this?

Do you mean the Lancia 037?

Lancia delta is 257 mm wheel base with 190 width. There are plenty of chassis for it.. From TT to XV01.

If Tamiya does in fact releases a 959 body on top of MX-01 chassis, will there be an uproar? Or will people be accepting?

Not gonna lie...I would be gutted if it came at the cost of a genuine re-release. Can't we have a 959 on both the old and new chassis' though? After all, they put the same Imprezza, Delta and Skyline bodies on a variety of different chassis types don't they?

• Like 1

This chassis is looking perfect for my Skoda...... well, maybe not the wheels and tyres....

img154_01122014012413_3.jpg

Looking forward to this, hopefully it will turn out to be the car the TA05 M-Four should have been.....

Alex

The car the TA05 M-Four should have been is the TOP Sabre Mini. It's an awesome.

Tamiya should update/save the M-four with a new motor mount that enables a standard 540 and room for a shorty LiPo. Then it would sell.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie...I would be gutted if it came at the cost of a genuine re-release. Can't we have a 959 on both the old and new chassis' though? After all, they put the same Imprezza, Delta and Skyline bodies on a variety of different chassis types don't they?

It's possible. They did that with the Hilux. First they came out with a new 3 speed chassis and later the re-release of bruiser.

I think this chassis is more aimed at onroad releases, the blurb states that the mf-01x is the off road version of the chassis! That would be one reason why they released it with a rear motor.

I would say a quattro / 959 / Celica is pretty much a given.

I can't wait to get my paws on this.

I would say a quattro / 959 / Celica is pretty much a given.

I can't wait to get my paws on this.

was thinking more of a body chop Chris to give a SWB quattro sport .

On Tamiyablog today, release date of late June with a price of 13,800 yen (£73; $114 - I think?)

http://tamiyablog.com/2015/05/54th-shizuoka-hobby-show-official-new-rc-list-and-descriptions/%C2'>

Suzuki Jimny (JB23) (MF-01X)

is a Brand New models of compact M chassis size that adopts the shaft drive 4WD appeared. The main frame is divided into three parts monocoque, which is integrated to the gear box. Is placed next to the battery in the center of the vehicle body, it is equipped with a motor in the rear end. Double wishbone independent suspension, and fitted with a rally block tires for touring car. Body was chose Suzuki Jimny (JB23 type). ● 1/10 electric RC Car Series Nanba614
1 / 10Rc SUZUKI JIMNY (JB23) (MF-01X CHASSIS) (58614)
★ total length 347mm. ★ shaft 4WD chassis that ran enjoy it anywhere. ★ replace the central block of the frame, by combining the propeller shaft optional, three wheelbase are selectable.
June 27 around released
June 24 dispatch
1 included input number 6
13,800 yen
(excluding tax)

I'm really psyched about this release - 3 wheelbase M chassis is a win in my opinion, I have a container full of M bodies and no chassis. I was going to go M06 or Mini TA05 ((Way to expensive)) but now I'm going to wait and go for this. :D