XV Pilot

Mf-01x - suzuki jimny, mercedes g-wagen & others

Red bull livery looks cool, not sure about the can on top though...

suzuki-jimny-red-bull-01.jpg

You could just use a real can. (fit extra batteries in it)

• Like 1

So cute. Let's call it Mini4WD. :lol:;)

Looks good, those wheels are definitely the split-5 spoke wheels from the old Golf kit, albeit with a chrome / plated finish.

There are also pictures this morning of the Lightning Force SU01 chassis which looks quite good. I'm on my mobile otherwise I would upload the pictures to here.

Is this the 'Entry level' r/c car Tamiya listed as 'tentative'?

It may well be, but it looks complete and ready for release going by the pictures this morning. I like it, even though it's purpose is to blur the line between toy grade and hobby grade.

I think its going to make a fun little trail runner - not a rock crawler but with some decent tyres it should be capable enough for light off-road... I want one!

Not going to be able to do much with the front shock towers :(

I quite like that. Only recently I was looking for 4wd m-chassis options, this looks like a good budget option for me.

I know it's a shame that the suspension is wrong for a scale representation of the Jimny but we never expected live axles on such a small kit - it looks scale from the outside and should be good for light trailing.

I'm interested to see what other body options we get and how many guises they can deliver it in - rally, off-road, street, race?

Small sign in front of the chassis clearly reads;

S15 (so drift version likely)

MiTo

RX-7

S13

Among other shells. Whether this is a sign of future models to come or simply a list of suitable bodyshells is unknown though.

Eunos Roadster re re please! (or perhaps the new shape)

Looks about like what I was expecting. Should be a fun little runabout.

looks great luv the stance and that pis from rear in silver well nice! good you dont see motor hang low at rear to.

Just grabbed my swift body, it doesn't have a lot of rear overhang - probably only 0.5 - 0.75cm between the rear wheel arch and the bumper, so the motor may interfere with the body.

All in all I am very much liking what I see.

The metal propshaft is a relief, what with all the plastic we have been seeing recently, and the overall layout appears sensible for a small 4WD.

The adjustable rear upper arms and fixed front ones look a bit odd, but no odder than the same arrangement on the M-05 pro versions.

The shell looks great - I might have to revise my plans for a gunmetal one, and go for silver instead. The wheels are a slight disappointment, but that is cheap and easy to fix.

My only gripe is the use of tacky red plastic for the hubs and uprights. Why not a nice neat black that fits with whatever hop-up colour you choose?

Now to see how long it takes for them to reach UK stores...

It has grey plastic, so they decided to spice things up with red.. If you own an m chassis, just swap them out

aha i should have some then in black as replaced all my M-03 stuff with alloy cool!

Overall I'm well happy with it. 2 issues I see are the red c hubs (why?) and that bodyshell is crying out for a spare wheel or at least a fake covered one like on the WW.

I like the red hubs, they remind me of the TA-01's red plastic bits.

Wasn't there a spare wheel on the WW2 Jimny that was released previously? Would this be available as a spare part separate from the body set?

Wasn't there a spare wheel on the WW2 Jimny that was released previously? Would this be available as a spare part separate from the body set?

Yes, same as for the Montero Wheelie. Item # 19000272. I just compared a Jimny wheelcover with a Rally Block tire, and the cover just slips over the tire. Width is just about identical too.Tamiya-C-Teile-Karo-Anbauteile-Mitsubish

• Like 1

Would ordering that in advance be a little too keen of me?!

Good spot. It does look odd without one.