Klausen

Kyosho Tomahawk rere'd

Well at a recent race I broke my modern Schumacher 2WD so pulled out my Scorpion and raced that with the modern cars. I finished mid-pack amongst decent drivers. The biggest weakness with this chassis is handling modern large jumps, with the lack of suspension travel it has (comparatively). What I can say categorically is that I had the best looking car in the field :)B)

qxwisi.jpgn6s7wl.jpg

• Like 5

You were also running the kit dampers which do not dampen at all.. If you had the HG shocks you would have fared much better

I wonder if any of the other drivers recognized your 'new' weapon! I got the same kick pulling my Avante out to do battle with some modern 4WD buggies at a club practice session ;)

The Tomahawk looks even better than I remembered after all this time...

Haha Grastens. Believe me they just loved it when I beasted them with my '30 year old car' :)

I'm running a really powerful 4-pole sensorless system pulling 850W at peak, that gives it some advantage if there is enough room on the straight to slow down at the end.

• Like 1

Strange that Kyoshos prices in the Far East market are similar to US. $219 in HK vs 249 U.S.

Whereas Tamiyas prices are usually 50% less.

Stella have them in now too. Just ordered mine. :)

It's also no more expensive than the Scorpion or Beetle, so I have no idea why the UK stores are pricing it higher, relatively speaking.

Tower is charging $30 more than Scorpion as well.

What was the price at Stella?

Tower is $249 - $35 for tower club members

I got $5 discount from Stella for pre-ordering so mine was $214.90. Considering that I was expecting to have to fork out £200 all in for one of these kits, I am well pleased that I have ended up only paying £175.

How much does Stella charge for shipping to UK?

$53 for HK Air Mail, $67 for EMS Speedpost. I always go with Air Mail as, in my experience, it makes very little difference to the transit time.

About the same to US. My total will be $214.99 shipped. Only caveat is I have to ship it to my parents house in California to avoid sales tax (vat)

Tower has a warehouse in Reno Nevada.

Pricewise it's a no brainer for you then. I guess it's just a case of whether you want to wait the extra month or so for it to arrive at Tower.

Nice to see you guys got your tomahawks. I have so many re-res. I have a kyosho re-re scorpion. Is it worth getting a tomahawk or has it the same similar chassis layout as the scorpion. .?

Regards

Mine will be here tomorrow.

Nice to see you guys got your tomahawks. I have so many re-res. I have a kyosho re-re scorpion. Is it worth getting a tomahawk or has it the same similar chassis layout as the scorpion. .?

Regards

It's the exact same chassis, with the Scorpion's plastic tub replaced with an upper plate. It also comes with the uprated HG shocks as standard.

Actually the shocks are not the HG. The HG are slightly taller and have threaded shock collars. These are red anodised versions of the ones that came with the scorpion.

They are really nice and Dwayne on EBay also made a pair of towers for them .. Just incase you want to avoid the carbon