Klausen

Kyosho Tomahawk rere'd

Now preparing to paint the body.

I will go boxart red (Tamiya PS-2), but the thought of a Tomahawk tricked out with all the champagne-colored option metal parts, gold shocks and a black painted body with the gold JPS lettering scheme makes me drool...

Anyone up to it?

Does anyone know if this is a reasonable brushless esc/motor set up for a Tomahawk?

Speed Passion Reventon Stock Club Race Brushless System Combo w/ MMM 21.5R Competition Motor #CB0922

Not been into RC for many years now and am baffled with the brushless thing!!  I am going to buy a Tomahawk (had the original years ago and stupidly sold it along with all my other cars to fund beer whilst at Uni!).

The car is not for racing so doesn't need to be super quick, I will just have some fun in the desert with it over the dunes.  I need to keep the price low so thought this seemed a good buy from RC Mart.  It also looks like the height is 19mm so should fit the car without removing the driver?  If anyone can suggest another cheap esc/brushless set up then please let me know.  .

ESC Motor.docx

Yes that will work fine. I have 17.5 in mine.. Which is slightly faster, but not by much

@Redseven77: Running on 2S LiPo, I put a HobbyWing 10.5T 3300KV brushless sensored motor in mine (with a 60A HobbyWIng QuicRun ESC) and it goes like stink and yet is very easy to control as it is sensored (and you can set a mild throttle curve). Motor hardly gets hot, even after high speed runnin on short grass  :)

I see these are showing up out of stock at Kyoshoamerica.com and the usual suspects.. Tower, Amain, where to find one in the states? Anybody? I just ordered my Scorpion before they dry up and an Egress last week. This is turning into an expensive month. I sure don't want to find myself in the same boat as with the RC10 Classic (that I have missed) and Avante that we are all waiting to snatch up.

It appears the re-re Tomahawk has reached the end of its life and is being discontinued 

I emailed Kyosho Europe a couple of months ago.  They replied and told me that they were expecting a new batch of Tomahawks in stores around September.  There's a comment on the  http://rc.kyosho.com/en/30615.html  website that suggests late September.  I'm hoping that's all true.

Regards

Jon

• Like 1

Beetle is also for preorder at Tamico, and the rere of the Javelin. All three expected October 20 th.

44 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Both Tower and Amainhobbies in the US have them listed as disconitnued

https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-tomahawk-1-10-2wd-electric-offroad-buggy-kit-kyo30615b/p449448

It would be odd for them to discontinue it.. I would think the first to go would be the Beetle since it is the least appealing 

I noticed this the other day also.  Not surprised with Tower as they mark anything they will no longer carry as discontinued regardless of manufacturer status.  I'm not sure on Amains policy though.  Kyosho America says only out of stock so there may be more.  I had one and sold it but of course regret that decision so hopefully there will be another run.

Amain is a pretty straight up retailer. Odd that they would list it as being discontinued if indeed it is not. Usually they just list out of stock items as on order. Sales have probably been down with the Tommy and Beetle with the super sexy Turbo Scorpion, and now Javelin coming out soon. Who knows really, only time will tell. I had a Tomahawk and sold it, only to repurchase it again, glad I did just in case this is the end of the road for a while.

Correction, now it does say on back order at Amian......

Hey y'all, here is some Tomahawl pr0n :wub:   I'm having to sell my practically new, super hopped-up Tomahawk 2015. If anyone is interested please PM me (I'm in the UK, but happy to ship most places). Loads of details on the eBay listing and happy to split this a bit e.g. if you want it without the electrics: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132390900975

Edit 26th February 2018: This has now been sold.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg