Sign in to follow this  
BigSteve

Grasshopper Black Edition.

This Black Edition is ugly, I'm sorry.
It seems to come directly from the end of the 70ies, but the ugly things, ugly objects and ugly designs from the end of 70ies.
The choose of the colors, the design of the stickers are really made with feet, in my opinion.

I don't like it.

Max

• Like 1

I think quite the opposite, I really like this and I will have one in my collection once they come out. Kinda reminds me of my old Turbo Hopper. :)

• Like 1

Well colorscheme is quite known from the Hornet. Kind of like it.

Well colorscheme is quite known from the Hornet. Kind of like it.

I believe the colours are red, bright green and grey, but admittedly, the green (?) looks almost like yellow in the pic. And either way, I like it a lot. The white springs are also a nice touch, but I just wish some of the chassis parts would have been a different colour and not "regular" black.

It's a Hornethopper! Or a GrassThunder/StadiumHopper! This is actually a bit unexpected (the wheels, anyways).

• Like 1

Are those yellow wheels possibly fluorescent-yellow? Or is it just the lighting?

I believe the colours are red, bright green and grey, but admittedly, the green (?) looks almost like yellow in the pic. And either way, I like it a lot. The white springs are also a nice touch, but I just wish some of the chassis parts would have been a different colour and not "regular" black.

You may have a point there, didn't notice it. Didn't notice the white springs either, but yes a nice touch. Even though I kind of like it, it doesn't make much sense to make it, apart from Tamiya counting on people like us needing one more in another color :huh: They could do better, rere'ing maybe the Falcon, should have been just as easy for them to rere, with most of the parts already available.

Usually I try to be positive about Tamiya "alternate colour specials", and usually I succeed. I even have a couple of them in my fleet.

Sadly this time I have failed. Despite my best efforts to see something special in it, I still don't think it is as good as the original box art, or even as good as some homebrew Grasshopper colour schemes I have seen. And it certainly doesn't have the appeal of the limited edition green one!

Maybe I am not sufficiently artistic, maybe I am out of touch with the intended target market, or maybe I simply have poor taste. Whatever the reason, it just doesn't appeal enough to make it onto my wish list. Sorry!

• Like 3

Are those yellow wheels possibly fluorescent-yellow? Or is it just the lighting?

According to Tamiya Japan, they are fluorescent yellow.

It is too much like the hornet. I do like it though but nothing would make me get this one over the original colour schemed hopper. I think it is aimed at a collecter that must have all the variants of a model.

• Like 2

Looks far too much like a Hornet to me. If I was going to buy a GH (and I was almost clicking 'Buy It Now' today :P ) I would be going for a regular one.

Simply the black doesn't fit the sharp Grasshopper body.

The study of the stickers and the color schene has been very fast, minutes I suppose, so NO WAY with this model.

I believe that other colors should be better than the black.

Max

I so badly want to like it, the Grasshopper is about as iconic as rc cars come for me but I just can't see the appeal over the orignal white one. I'm going to have to repeat what has already been said, it's too similar to the Hornet :unsure:

Not for me either...the green edition was nice, this won't be finding its way to my collection, I'm more a Hornet person anyway!

Which reminds me, I need to finish my undriveable turbo monster hornet!