Sign in to follow this  
Frog Jumper

Noob Alert: I'm the new guy with the old skool Frog

A quick suggestion for tyres, I use some HPI 2.2 Med comp super radials on my BF for road use :)

frpww2800x543.jpg

They look great. Any photos with the body on? I am also wondering weather they would look good with my Lancia Rally? Do you know the diameter of them? Also what wheels are you using there?

Its been a while since I've pulled my Frog out... I got a Bush Devil to play with and that has taken most of my energy... In fact, I took the ESC from the Frog and put it in the BD, but in the process of adding an new ESC to my Frog, I broke a tab off the Sport Tuned rendering the car dead until I can get a new motor...

But in recent days, I've scored a set of VG+ used CRP 1607's and installed them...

Still need to finish up the body!

Terry

Installed a Turnigy 10.5T brushless and 80a ESC into the Frog... The thing is a freekin' rocket!!! I'm afraid to drive it!

Terry

• Like 1

I didn't like the way the Turnigy system fit in my car, so I switched over to a TBLE-02A and a TBLM-02S... Took it out onto the street and the thing rips...

Much cleaner than the Turnigy, and it doesn't drop-out at full throttle like the Turnigy did... I'm using 7.2v NiMH, so maybe that's to be expected...

I had some issues with the motor and pinion and getting it all to mesh correctly... I still have that issue, but I got rid of all the crap and went back to the CRP Motor Mount... I dyed it black a while back...

I need to take the Thorp Pinion over to Dad's house and get him to drill out the hole so it will fit... Right now, the standard Tamiya 16t pinion is almost all the way at the end of the motor shaft... OK for short bursts on the street, but not for real running...

http://jpegbay.com/gallery/005168334-.html#1

Terry

I guess the only project left to do is a new body... My old one is too beat up methinks...

Terry

• Like 1

I think the Jumper is 99% complete...  I'm sure I'll be enticed to buy some new Hop-Up later in the future, but for now, I have no more Projects left for my Jumper...

http://jpegbay.com/gallery/005460660-1.html#1

I've cleaned up the parts list above to show what is currently on the Jumper, if anyone is interested...

Terry

• Like 1

Its been a while...

I got some new Amark "California" rear wheels for the Jumper...

I got a complete set a couple of months back, but an unfortunate meeting of plastic and concrete shattered one of the rear wheels...  So the other 3 went into the spare parts box and the HPI Super Stars went back on...

Recently, I found a new set of rear Amark wheels and just put them on tonight...  These are actually a much better fit since they are made for the Blackfoot...  The earlier ones I had were 12mm hex and didn't fit exactly right...  These are perfect...

The fronts are slightly yellowed with age, but the rears are still nice and white after 25 years of sitting in a plastic bag...  I'm thinking of getting some Metallic White or Pearl White paint to brighten them up...  One day, maybe...

https://jpegbay.com/gallery/006638070-.html#1

I'll update what I've done on the first page to keep this somewhat "current"...

Terry

I've updated my original Post with all the new stuff I've massaged into the Jumper...

Couple of things to add:

1- I've managed to procure a used (and chop worthy) Parma Frog Jumper body that I'm trimming to fit the new set-up...  Wish me luck...
2- I found a You-G "Mighty Frog Rear Stabilizer" (rear sway bar) kit...  Part no. TM-8413.  Many similar products out there, but very hard to find...  I couldn't get it to work right...  I'm sure its me, but IMO its worthless kit...

Current pix:  
https://jpegbay.com/gallery/007550055-.html#1

Thanks!

Terry

• Like 1