donut_v2

M-02L VW Beetle resurrection (rally conversion)

Just got to say that's very impressive !! and may I also say those wheels and tyres would come in super handy for the upcoming Citroen 2CV Imo, nice and skinny :)

James.

• Like 2

Those tires are simply awesome. Really lovely. I think that a derivative of them would be perfect for the upcoming Lancia 037 too. In real life they used quite skinny tires and it would also help get them tucked under the wheel arches...

Fancy knocking up some Pirellis?

lancia-037.jpg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, njmlondon said:

Those tires are simply awesome. Really lovely. I think that a derivative of them would be perfect for the upcoming Lancia 037 too. In real life they used quite skinny tires and it would also help get them tucked under the wheel arches...

Fancy knocking up some Pirellis?

lancia-037.jpg

Would also make it nice and easy to get the rear of the ta02s drifting out like the real 037 :)

James.

Well, you have a market now for these tires, donut_v2! In the meantime, keep up the great work on the build :)

After seeing that pic, I wondered what the wheels and tires would look like on an Alpine. 

alpine01.jpg

alpine02.jpg

alpine03.jpg

Maybe reduce the diameter and bring it closer into the fenders?

• Like 3

yeah, a little large, but otherwise they have a very good vintage look about them. It looks like a good generic wheel design so that it would probably fit a lot of other vintage cars.

Yeah just a tad smaller and it would be fine. Great job though. Would you be looking to make and sell sets of these at all? 

James.

Truly amazing.

Opens up so many possibilities for the future of the "scale" element of our hobby. 

Look forward to seeing further updates. 

I just couldn't wait. I had to see what the tire would look like weathered so I quickIy brushed on some sand colored pigment.

weatheredtire01.jpg

• Like 7

Almost there. I just have to finish the rear bumper, wire up the lights, and add some weathering.

almost.jpg

• Like 9

Do you offer any of your 3D-printed parts for sale? I'm especially interested in the headlights for backdating the body, but more or less all of the parts are of interest.

4 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Do you offer any of your 3D-printed parts for sale? I'm especially interested in the headlights for backdating the body, but more or less all of the parts are of interest.

I put them of Shapeways for those that are interested. Just search "Tamiya 1/10 Volkswagen Beetle Rally Headlight". I put the hood/bonnet latches there, too.

14 hours ago, donut_v2 said:

I put them of Shapeways for those that are interested. Just search "Tamiya 1/10 Volkswagen Beetle Rally Headlight". I put the hood/bonnet latches there, too.

Thanks! :-)

Are the wheels the tyres on shapeways too? Would love to buy a set as I plan on getting the 2CV when it's eventually released over here in the UK. 

James

On 3/31/2018 at 2:31 AM, InsaneJim69 said:

Are the wheels the tyres on shapeways too? Would love to buy a set as I plan on getting the 2CV when it's eventually released over here in the UK. 

James

I could put them on Shapeways but I don't think they have a flexible material for the tires that I know of.