Sign in to follow this  
drcarlos

Egress Spring Options?

Are there any options for different springs for the Egress without resorting to swapping the hi cap dampers?

After spending some time trying to set up my Egress for running at the local track I find that the car is over sprung so I'm after something a bit softer, the springs on my Cougar SV2 are too large at the top and too small at the bottom. Was thinking about looking at the ones on the Hobao H2 we have but my suspicion is that they will be too big top and bottom.

I have problem with the car trying to roll too and have dialed back the servo EPA to about 65% both ways but I'd like to get a bit more action (up to 75%) without inducing a roll over and I think the springs are the next stage.

Carl.

Losi springs work well.

Max

TLR22? If yes that's fantastic news as I have a spare set from my boy's H2 Pro (it's a TLR22 clone basically) and can also borrow the blue and yellows that were recommended for the H2 on Astro, so I can try before I have to buy another set. Thanks.

I don't know if modern Losi's springs have different diameters but the springs until 2006/2007 for sure will work.

I used them on my Hi Cap dampers on Egress, Top Force and Dyna Blaster.

Max

I don't know if modern Losi's springs have different diameters but the springs until 2006/2007 for sure will work.

I used them on my Hi Cap dampers on Egress, Top Force and Dyna Blaster.

Max

I'll try the Losi springs I have at home and the Hyper H2 ones too and see how they go. If not I'll look at the others you mention.

On 5/11/2015 at 11:58 PM, drcarlos said:

Are there any options for different springs for the Egress without resorting to swapping the hi cap dampers?

After spending some time trying to set up my Egress for running at the local track I find that the car is over sprung so I'm after something a bit softer, the springs on my Cougar SV2 are too large at the top and too small at the bottom. Was thinking about looking at the ones on the Hobao H2 we have but my suspicion is that they will be too big top and bottom.

I have problem with the car trying to roll too and have dialed back the servo EPA to about 65% both ways but I'd like to get a bit more action (up to 75%) without inducing a roll over and I think the springs are the next stage.

Carl.

Hi Carl,

Did you ever get a good solution to the above Egress shock issue? I'm here in 2021 lockdown searching for a solution. Want to make the ride height lower and still have travel like a AE B74.1