pUs

1992/1993 TRF 411X build from new parts

I live in Sweden. Most of the background story is in the first page of the thread :)

FINALLY found some proper good-quality carbon which looks and feels just like the vintage Tamiya carbon. Will get all carbon parts re-made, so due for a further update in a few weeks. See ya :)

I like it!

Max

FINALLY found some proper good-quality carbon which looks and feels just like the vintage Tamiya carbon. Will get all carbon parts re-made, so due for a further update in a few weeks. See ya :)

When you have time, can you do a side-by-side comparison of the materials?

I just read this for the first time. OMG in love lol. 

My question is though, would the Lazer ZX-R undertray fit a standard Dyna Storm?

i really want a tray for a restoration in doing. 

James. 

On 2017-09-27 at 12:36 AM, kontemax said:

UP! Any news?

Max

Not really. Having the 2nd kid put a big hold on all these activities. New carbon parts will still be made soon though (including longer wheelbase Egress parts to get my TRF Booth replica finished..). Btw, we did discuss having a pair of hi-cap mini shock bodies anodized blue by your supplier. Did we ever agree about anything? Let me know if it could still be made - I would just would love a pair of blue shock bodies on the front of this one. 

1 hour ago, pUs said:

Not really. Having the 2nd kid put a big hold on all these activities. New carbon parts will still be made soon though (including longer wheelbase Egress parts to get my TRF Booth replica finished..). Btw, we did discuss having a pair of hi-cap mini shock bodies anodized blue by your supplier. Did we ever agree about anything? Let me know if it could still be made - I would just would love a pair of blue shock bodies on the front of this one. 

Yes, you can have these shocks anodized for sure.
Please let me know if you are interested, I will help you.
Cheers

MAx

On 2018-02-11 at 9:56 PM, kontemax said:

Yes, you can have these shocks anodized for sure.
Please let me know if you are interested, I will help you.
Cheers

MAx

Definitely interested - I'll PM you!

On 8/10/2019 at 11:36 PM, linkedtamiya said:

You ever want to sell the 411x, let me know 

Linkedtamiya@aol.com 

Not likely to ever sell it or any of my other vintage TRF works cars, but you never know what life throws at you.. 

On 9/26/2019 at 11:37 AM, pUs said:

Not likely to ever sell it or any of my other vintage TRF works cars, but you never know what life throws at you.. 

Any update pics of those beuties? 

On 9/27/2019 at 9:51 PM, GTodd said:

Any update pics of those beuties? 

No, nothing updated yet. I was about to have another chassis CNCd from proper matte carbon but once again there was a change of plan. Decided to design some radical solutions for my Top Force vintage racer instead and have them cut. 

To be honest I sort of lost my energy on finishing the 411X because of the front shocks. Just can't find any..

3 hours ago, pUs said:

No, nothing updated yet. I was about to have another chassis CNCd from proper matte carbon but once again there was a change of plan. Decided to design some radical solutions for my Top Force vintage racer instead and have them cut. 

To be honest I sort of lost my energy on finishing the 411X because of the front shocks. Just can't find any..

You never PMed me to anodize the shocks.

Max

This is the result of the anodizing on my Hi Cap for the Avante 2001.
Light gold like the original Avante.

Max

AV 2001 028.jpg

AV 2001 029.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kontemax said:

You never PMed me to anodize the shocks.

Max

Hi Max, I've tried to send you a PM but I'm getting an error saying you can't receive PM's.

I would like to have some parts anodized but have a hard time finding a place that is willing to do it for me.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:55 AM, pUs said:

If you ever lose enough energy and want to let it go please let me know!!!!

On 11/7/2019 at 7:55 PM, pUs said:

Did you solved your shocks problems?

Send me a PM, maybe I can help.

• Like 1

Update: I think I might be able to finalize the 411X. If all goes well, also being able to build a 411X runner for vintage racing. Fingers crossed, stay tuned..

:)

• Like 5

Finally, finally, FINALLY! Got those shocks, at last :) on top of that, I have managed to find enough spares to build a runner and keep it fresh over time!

Might take some time to pull off (don’t feel like butchering two NIB Dyna storm kits for diff parts) but I’ll get there!

E8C6428D-07DF-453F-A212-47285D6B2AEF.jpeg

• Like 8

On 3/5/2022 at 12:59 AM, Collin said:

Oh wow! Did they came from HK?

Can’t tell unfortunately, seller wanted to be discrete which I respect. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 8:47 AM, Tizer said:

Hi Max, I've tried to send you a PM but I'm getting an error saying you can't receive PM's.

I would like to have some parts anodized but have a hard time finding a place that is willing to do it for me.

Very strange, I answer to all messages, maybe a site error.
Anyway, do you are still interested in the anodizing?

Max