Sign in to follow this  
Supa Ryda 90

Nova Fox 1 to 2 Dampers Conversion

Hi to everyone, with this post i want to submit and show to everyone is interested, my modification and so the conversion from 1 horizontal front damper to, 2 classic stand up position dampers through the designing of 4 plates made by carbon fiber 2 for the up hitch point and 2 for the down hitch point. Anyone who wants to treat this argument is well accepted, as the advices and upgrades from everyone. I'll post 3 photos if i can to show you the final result.

Thanks

Stefano

post-44325-0-95711600-1432590983_thumb.j

Looks great Stefano. I'd like to see more pics. How does it handle now? What shocks are you running all 'round and can you make up any more of those plates? Thanks.

Chris.

• Like 1

Cool looking conversion! Looks a lot higher at the front now, how's the handling etc?

• Like 1

Scapelnz:

Cool looking conversion! Looks a lot higher at the front now, how's the Handling etc?

Hi to everyone, sorry if i haven't answered anymore, but i had some personal problems. Back to the matter of the topic, and answering to Scapelnz, the conversion is not only good looking, it's also very helpful to the Handling of the Nova Fox. Well, it seems a lot higher beacuse of the position of the camera shooting the photo, actually the front ground clearence is not so different from the one with the mono damper. The plates i've designed in the first attempt, they were to fragile in ther design so i've re-designed them. The buggy now it's very stable on cornering and also on straight line at high speeds, (It's obvious that i'm talking about dirt terrain, like the one you find on off- road tracks, but also on gravel and sandy terrains) and in my opinion with no need to change tires. The two dampers conversion is very helpful also in case you to take little jumps maybe on your local track (remember that the novafox is not a professional buggy, and its chassis it is what it is). The Dampers i'm using are from 3Racing, with Tamiya oil shocks. Now i've also to put a new engine on the nova and i was wondering which one, i'm thinking about the torque tuned one, but if anyone has another option it's well accepted. Hope i'm being helpful and clear :)

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

Looks great Stefano. I'd like to see more pics. How does it handle now? What shocks are you running all 'round and can you make up any more of those plates? Thanks.

Chris.

Hi Chris, it handle very well now, i'm running on 3racing dampers and tamiya oil and shocks. About the plates, i designed them with autocad, and i mill them from a carbon fiber plate with a friend's machine. I have to buy the carbon plate, i have to pay my friend to do the work. Let me now what you want to do ;).

Hope i've been clear and helpful !! :)