Sign in to follow this  
chickenman242tk

ta02/ff01 frp chassis help

I currently have a ff01 car with an frp chassis kit installed in the post but from the pic it appears the front bulkhead? is held together with glue and cable ties, is there a way to get just the plastics or use something else like an aluminium standoff to fix it properly ?

Post a pic if possible.

I've still got my BITD club racer that was FF01 with FRP chassis (battered the 4wds for top end speed) so can compete for you.

The file is too big for upload, i had to do a screencap as i dont have the car yet.if it makes it clearer its the part that goes between the lower plate and the bottom of the gearbox, ill keep try for a pic

Chickenman, open an account with an image hosting site such as Photobucket, then upload your photos and link them from there..

Nice! On your FF01 you have modern front arms!

Max

Ouch, from what i can tell, the piece is the mount from the FRP chassis set-going to be hard to find a replacement.

I'll look at mine and see if i can see a better way to repair.

What did it hit?!?!

ha that's clears up what arms have been used on it , ill assess it once it has landed but I am collecting the parts to put it back to original ,just need some knuckles....

im not sure what the car has hit but it must of been hard, the front gear case is shot,both shock towers and the upper part of the rear section is also for some reason, there is going to be a fair amount of repair work going into this thing.

im thinking of using some aluminium standoffs where that broken piece is maybe from like a top force or something, if that all fails ill just go back to a plastic tub ,I had to buy a new E parts so ive got everything anyways

Are you sure it's from an accident or intentional macgyvering...

TA04 arms would be longer than TA01/2/FF, maybe PO just hacked off the mounting ears from gearbox case then rigged up new mounts for the longer arms.

I haven't got the car yet, from what I can tell the lower part of the front box is in tact but covered by a lot of glue. im slowly working on the replacement parts ,a and e are here c is in the old box of parts arms are incoming just gotta buy b parts and some ta02/ff01 knuckles to get everything needed to do a full restore of plastics ,I also have new dogbones and cups maybe ill order a new set of gears....could just about build another one lol.

ill get some more of the sellers pics up shortly still need to figure out that broken piece ,maybe someone has a spare or any ideas for a fix

that about the only other worthwhile pic ,I'd be interested to know what arms are actually fitted to it.

the more and more I look at the pics the more I find to fix or buy stuff for lol

Can this be converted to a TA02?

Off topic but what about a twin motor project? :D

im assuming it could but I really want a ff01 to add to the stable ,I'm currently sitting on 2 ta02's 1 ta01 2 df01's and the order is in for the ta02sw porka , not to mention the tl01,tb01 and ta03f sitting with them lol

Can some confirm for me if you can use top force j parts along with the matching metal parts bag to replace j7 On the ta02 frp kit as this is totalled and i cant get j parts 0115177 to replace it

Oh dear...

At least the FRP pieces survived. :)

I hope it makes a full recovery. I have rather a soft spot for the FF-01, as it was my first hobby-grade RC car BITD, and the subject of an enjoyable resto not long ago.

i emailed the seller just waiting for a response , i do have 2 nip a parts so thats sorted but its the j parts for the chassis set that is being taxing.

if it wasnt for the snapped gearbox i could probably just put some electronics in and go for a rap but i guess its rebuild time just gotta secure a few more bits.