Sign in to follow this  
Dojo Dave

Lost in translation...

So as I search the bay for new and exciting projects I come across all sorts, a great deal on rere scorcher body led me into a further search of a vast and powerful company site... so lazy that it did not pay attention to the sense or lack of translation discribing product we love....see for yourself.!!

Item Description

CloseSimple finished-parts constitution which Structure of RC Car understands well. The new model of DT chassis which made the concept 2WD buggy of the light run which can enjoy an off-road job run easily accomplishes the further evolution, and appears. It is the item optimal as an entry model which in addition to the existing OP part many new OP parts also appear [ entry model ] and can experience pleasure of a boosting performance. The body of an establishment meter is a product made from polycarbonate. The slim style which imagined the mighty frog is Characteristic. The new sticker in which the frog flag was also designed is also attached. Equip the establishment meter monocoque chassis of a battery with a four-wheel independent suspension every length. The lengthen a wheel base about 27 mm to the conventional model, and Gap, Inc. running-the-whole-distance nature also improves sharply by increasing the running stability and the skid angle of a high dimension. Adopt Suspension arm before and after having many track records with DT-02 chassis (super fighter G etc.), and a gear case. Therefore, many of some Option parts can use it as it is from the former. The example of an existing OP part which can be used: 53831DT-02 aluminum motor heat sink,53832DT-02 spring Set, 53863DT-02 ball defragmentation Set (a 53791DF-02 assembly universal shaft and combined use),A 53569 clamp type aluminum wheel hub (6-mm thickness), a 543953x22 low friction suspension shaft, a 54396DT-02 front-desk damper fitting pin, dual block tire various kinds.

Gobbledygook. or am I dyslexic

Automatic translation programs have a way to go yet... :)

We use them at work as we deal with a lot of products from the East, but we also have native-language-speakers proof-read the resulting translations before they are published.

My guess is that they missed that step...

I quite enjoy the deciphering. A bit of light hearted entertainment.

Reading this makes me want to learn Japanese.

It's fascinating to get a glimpse of how the language is structured even without being able to speak it.

"Equip the establishment meter monocoque chassis of a battery with a four-wheel independent suspension every length."

I don't know why, but this sentence made me shoot coffee out my nose. :lol:

Edit: It's like Gary Busey is their company spokesman.

It is somewhat unfair to judge people of other countries based on what a computer algorithm tells you they are trying to say.

Dorvack.

From what our proof-readers tell me, automated translations from other languages into English are no better than translations from English into other languages, or between other non-English languages, especially those with significantly differing grammatical constructs.

Therefore, the need for proof-reading should be clear to all parties irrespective of which country they hail from or what language they speak. By extension then, publishing a non-proof-read automated translation is perhaps a bit silly irrespective of one's home language, and is fair game for humour as a result.

• Like 1

It is somewhat unfair to judge people of other countries based on what a computer algorithm tells you they are trying to say.

Dorvack.

Please dont get me wrong this is not a translation that I found on an asian site but on walmarts website discribing the new frog chassis....I'm not poking anyone just amazed at the companies lack of image awareness...

If you want a display of how bad automatic translators really are, take a paragraph, translate it into any other language, then from that language into any other, then another, and then back into English, and compare it to the original...

Original, from Tamiya USA:

"The popular R/C Grasshopper is a great beginner kit for new R/C hobbyists entering the world of assembly kits. The Grasshopper itself has started many hobbyists on their path to more advanced kits. This version of the Grasshopper is a limited edition model featuring a pre-painted body in eye-catching Candy Green."

After translation from English to Hungarian to French to Ukranian and back to English, using Google Translate:

"Popular R / C hobby ideal set of new R / C is to find out about availability. A grasshopper began to lead in many advanced amateurs stocks. This version is a limited edition model that attractive body painted grasshopper green candy."

Yeah... what he said.