Sign in to follow this  
flyby

Paintball guns on TXT-1

Trust you, Mike.

Just discovered this week someone in Oz actually builds a 20-channel receiver. Yeah, TWENTY.

Was having thoughts of "who needs such a thing".

Then I read this... icon_smile_shock.gif

Hate to think how big the reciever is, probably the size of a house brick. The transmitter must look complicated...

-------------------------

If practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, why practice?

Edited by - mr_lister999. on 16 Oct 2002 16:49:10

Yeah, Like your thinking Mike! great idea, we could all build a radio controlled car like thing, maybe add some weapons, say spikes, axes, flippers, flame thrower, maybe a titanium or kevlar body for extra armour, run them on 12volt batteries and run a competion to see whose is the best..... We could call it Robot Wars!!! logo_member2.gif

Don't take life too serious, you'll never make it out alive!

Yeh robot wars is cool, but not very user friendly, just look at the arena you need to be protected from the evil machines.icon_smile_evil.gif

Not really weekend toy's.

I like to think the TXT would be very user friewndly, and with a camera inside and a camera on the gun and then video screens (a couple of adapted mini casio tv's) mounted to the handset, So far i have a couple of mates that say if it works well, they want it on their monsters, and the rest just say i'm howling mad, just like you Chrisicon_smile_wink.gif

Just imagine seeing a humvee with a big gun shooting at another truck, Makes me laugh just thinking about it....icon_smile_big.gif

Definantly Howling Mad Mike, been like it since birth icon_smile_tongue.gif

Completely nutty.

It would be really cool though, epspecially with a whole bunch of cars. Did anyone ever play Interstate '76?

action18.jpg

Would be waaay cooler if you made it STEALTH, Mike.

Can you hide the weaponry behind the headlights?? icon_smile_approve.gif

quote:

Would be waaay cooler if you made it STEALTH, Mike.

Can you hide the weaponry behind the headlights?? icon_smile_approve.gif

id=quote>id=quote>

Yeah, like James' Bonds DB5... awesome, dude... icon_smile_cool.gificon_smile_clown.gif

I was thinking of a roof mounted gun to be the easiest option for the TXT-1. You might need a wheelie bar as well or it'll flip over when you fire... icon_smile_tongue.gif I don't think 360 movement will get practical, but elevation should be possible. Cool idea. Might get a but expensive maybe, but nice... icon_smile_big.gif

You could start with a Tiger tank as well, might be easier... icon_smile_tongue.gif That is a war machine already... icon_smile_wink.gif

I love Sand Scorchers, but I don't have one... Please help this poor collector...icon_smile.gifid=size1>

Never played that game retro (shouldn't it be retro game? LOL), looks good if that's the pic, how long ago was it?

Willy Stealth is a good ideaicon_smile_wink.gif, how about having it hidden in the rear then just open up and pop out, SPLAT ! icon_smile_clown.gif

Transformers, rc cars(robots) in disguise (said in classic advert style) icon_smile.gificon_smile_clown.gif

Sjeord, as for tanks don't even go there icon_smile_tongue.gif, i want one as bad as u want a SS,icon_smile_big.gif

does sound like a crazy idea but would be cool if you can do it. I suppose you would have to use one of the old small guns but you would only get one shot before having to *** it. What were you thinking of using?

-------------------------

If practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, why practice?

quote:

Never played that game retro (shouldn't it be retro game? LOL), looks good if that's the pic, how long ago was it?

Willy Stealth is a good ideaicon_smile_wink.gif, how about having it hidden in the rear then just open up and pop out, SPLAT ! icon_smile_clown.gif

Transformers, rc cars(robots) in disguise (said in classic advert style) icon_smile.gificon_smile_clown.gif

Sjeord, as for tanks don't even go there icon_smile_tongue.gif, i want one as bad as u want a SS,icon_smile_big.gif

id=quote>id=quote>

Why does everyone call me Sjeord on Tamiyaclub?!?!? icon_smile_shock.gif Blondiniboy (Matrin icon_smile_wink.gif ) calls me that way as well. I even met ppl calling me Sjoert... icon_smile_angry.gif I'm still Sjoerd as before, maybe I should change my nick to Sjeord icon_smile_clown.gif or Sjeort... icon_smile_dead.gif

If you really wanted a tank as bad as I want a SS, then you would already got yourself one... icon_smile_wink.gif I just want a SS with an exhaust and mirrors and stuff, and not paying ridiculouis prices for it (which is impossble icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_sad.gif )

As for Interstate, that game looks really crappy to me... icon_smile_shock.gif I always used to play Need For Speed 5: Porsche Unleashed. Reasonable graphics, very good gameplay, and it isn't even that new anymore... icon_smile_wink.gif Also played with Colin McRae Rally 2, can't wait for number 3!!! And DTM racer looks very cool as well (not released yet). You need a bit of a hevy duty PC, (like me icon_smile_wink.gif ), but it's worth it! Especially with a MOMO wheel as I have... icon_smile_cool.gif

Sjoerd

Visit my site @ www.tamiya.tk !

Sjoerd ,

If you loved SS's you would not mind paying the "ridiculous prices"icon_smile_tongue.gif , as for me not getting a tank, as soon as my m8 Neil gets his back, (long story), i will have one icon_smile_wink.gif

As for your game slaggingicon_smile_clown.gificon_smile_blackeye.gif you are comparing it to a totally different genere, and Games don't always have to be brilliant graphics to be great games, stradegy & game play counts for one badword of a lot,

I still love the old space invaders on the atari , mario cart on the snes and sonic on the mega drive etc...so many classics i could go on for ever..icon_smile_big.gif

ps sorry about the name thing,.... complex?icon_smile.gificon_smile_wink.gif

Well, Porsche (and the other games I mentioned) has both the graphics as the realism as the gameplay... [;)] We all have different taste and that's OK. [:D]

As for the 'ridiculous prices', you know I don't HAVE the money so I can't spend it. It's as simple as that. [:(] I met someone who has 11 SS and RR in all, maybe he can get me one (he knows what they fetch on the bay, no bargain here... [v] ) He also has a heck lot of those damned 3-speeds, I am SOOO jealous! (I bet he didn't pay the kind of prices we have today at Ebay) Maybe something to keep in mind for later... [|)]

Sjoerd