tilstad1

Good price for Grasshoppers on amazon, $72

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BMVIGM/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1435533492&sr=1&keywords=grasshopper

Was looking around for best price.for another grasshopper, tower lists it at 99,98 which becomes 88.98 after a $10 coupon. So this at $72 includes shipping was a good price. I dont need the towers "free" nmhi battery ether, as i have lots, and was making my own 3 cell pack for this grasshopper anyhow.

Interesting that the black edition grasshopper at tower is $5 less then the regular with "free" battery. Seems it costs $5 to me...

This one will be for my 3 year old, so it needs to be slowed down significantly. My 5 year old's stock GH, is far too fast for her, and him somewhat too.

Anyways, just thought id let you guys know, as they are usually quite a bit pricier most other places, including ebay.

They are currently half that price at Banzai :D plus shipping

I could not find a Grasshopper on Banzai,, just a Hornet. But their webpage is horrible to navigate through, so I might just not been able to locate it. How much is shipping on Banzai though?

EDIT: Just checked, they DO in fact have a grasshopper there, which comes to $74 with shipping, which is $2 more.

It may be worth the extra $2 for slightly faster shipping. Getting tamiya products from Japan on Amazon can be excruciatingly slow. And at least one of those sellers doesn't package items very well, I ordered a body once that arrived nice and flattened. Just my 2 cents.

This one will be for my 3 year old, so it needs to be slowed down significantly. My 5 year old's stock GH, is far too fast for her, and him somewhat too.

Get a 35 turn or 55 turn crawler motor, much slower, loads of run time and no speed to damage the car, I think I paid about $10USD for one which I put in a sandmaster, worked brilliantly but now of course it is too slow :)

I got a 100T motor for my 2 year old's CC-01 Land Cruiser.

Could have saved the money as he prefers to grab onto it and push it around on the floor. :D

• Like 1

I put an 80t in a hornet for my 4 year old and it was about spot on. 50t in a DT-01 works well as well

Any links for a good high turn motor? The quicj search i did netted significantly more expensive ones than 10.

Got the grasshopper today, shipping was pretty fast. About a week?

However, it did not come with the esc, and thats a bummer as i did not have a spare, plus they arent cheap on ebay.

I checked up front if the description mentioned a missing esc, but it wasnt mentioned.

The box was unsealed, seems like a Japanese version, which had upgrades included; bearings and a 540 motor. According to the box text atleast. The 540 i definitely didnt need, and the bearings wasn't in the box.

But the missing esc was the biggest blow. Should have ordered from Tower anyways.

Japanese kits do not come with an ESC. This is important to note when comparing prices from Banzai et al.

Somebody was selling cheap ESCs in the forum. Have a look.