Klausen

Monster Beetle re-release #58618

Awesome, but don't let your hopes get too high. When the Mud Blaster re-release was announced, the first tentative picture was a photograph of the vintage Mudblaster. Eventually it turned out to be released as Mud Blaster II with the lexan Brat body on the WT-01 chassis instead.

EDIT: The picture on that French website shows KC daylighter decals on the fog lights, and as you all know, none of the usual re-release buggys and very few offroad trucks came with the original sponsor decals. So I would assume the photos so far could be showing just a vintage model.

A Monster Beetle on a WT-01 is still not bad - perhaps even more capable.

The stories are true! I am excited for a lot of members on this forum, and maybe I will get caught up in the frenzy too...

sounds interesting. For me I am not worried what chassis it is on, as long as its got the red bug body, decals and gold wheels and a proper MB stance :) = win win.

just too many items I want all at one time :(

• Like 1

I can't run fast as Tamiya's re releases.

I yet must buy the Hot Shot and the Avante...

Max

• Like 1

If it's an ORV chassis, I'll run a 540 and lipo and drive it hard. If it's a WT, I'll go brushless... and drive it even harder. :)

Personally, what I'm hoping for is a similar treatment to what the Brat got: both hard plastic and Lexan bodies in the box. But any cheaper Beetle that isn't a Blitzer is fine with me. (never liked the stance of that one.)

• Like 1

The picture on the french page is definately a picture of the original MB, as it also has the resistor for the msc. But as long as it is not confirmed by Mr. T there wont be any rere pics.

I really hope they release it on the ORV chassis, this is a true classic, and it needs to stay that way. Ofcourse with the hopups that the Frog and Brat had. Would be nice with hex wheels as well, but then again it would be quite dissappointing for those who want new rims for their original MB. Maybe some kind of adapter, would come in handy.

Wish I'd not sold mine...

...so this is great news, Woop Woop!

Me too! I had mine from new I built it and because back in the day (80's) I was wrapped up in racing my hotshot so it just sat there in the spare room at what is now my parents house and a fair few years ago out of interest I was showing the guy who owned my LHS (its gone now!) And he begged me to sell it to a guy who had been looking for a perfect example for his collection later after the shop closed down I found out it was him! he even pretended to get on the phone to tell the phantom collector he had a perfect example!.to this day I never new why he did that totally bazaar!!

All the decals and paint schemes for the re-released trucks on the WT-01 chassis were different from their ORV originals.

I think the beetle body is even more sensible to wheelbase differences than its brothers, and thus the WT-01 wouldn't be an aesthetically pleasing choice. What I personally would like to see would be this kind of Monster Beetle re-release:

Since the original MB had serious drivetrain issues (just as the 1st Blackfoot and Mud Blaster), I think it would be nice if the re-re Sand Scorcher bodyshell in a red Monster Beetle paintscheme would be released on the King Blackfoot 3rd gen ORV-chassis. This way you'd get a strong gearbox, a decent front end, and a slightly wider track for improved stability, while the wheelbase will stay true to the original. Bonus points if Tamiya re-introduces red chassis moldings (although I think the vintage red chassis parts are available plentyful when compared to the more unusual blue and dark grey chassis parts) and mounts the classic "cage type" front bumper on front along with a rear skid plate on the gearbox. Oh, and if I still got a wish free, please let there be shiny golden wheels (with bearing fitment on front) and the iconical front fog lights (with whatever decal on them).

• Like 1

Just when I seemed to be getting on top of the re re's, lol. Sensational news! I think it will be very true to the original with dog bones and decals being the differencs.

Now Mr T, you know we have all spent heaps buying re re Brats and Frogs, and we all have some originals lying around too. Now with the rad news of the Monster approaching, it's definitely time for you and your team to engineer a ball diff for this box.

Wallets are open world wide for multiple purchases per customer.....Get to it bro.

Thanks, THE SMOOTHEE.

• Like 1

The picture released on the site is John Weston's pic from iconic rc. So its an original.

Awesome, but don't let your hopes get too high. When the Mud Blaster re-release was announced, the first tentative picture was a photograph of the vintage Mudblaster. Eventually it turned out to be released as Mud Blaster II with the lexan Brat body on the WT-01 chassis instead.

EDIT: The picture on that French website shows KC daylighter decals on the fog lights, and as you all know, none of the usual re-release buggys and very few offroad trucks came with the original sponsor decals. So I would assume the photos so far could be showing just a vintage model.

The difference here though is that they are not calling this a "Monster Beetle II". The Mudblaster II may have been announced with a photo of the original but it had the new name from the start. If this was a second generation Monster Beetle, on a different chassis, that we were getting I think it would have an update to the name too.

True, but bear in mind that nothing about this re-re has been confirmed by Tamiya yet, not even the name. We might still see a WT-based model - not a bad thing in my book.

True, but bear in mind that nothing about this re-re has been confirmed by Tamiya yet, not even the name. We might still see a WT-based model - not a bad thing in my book.

I wouldn't be too upset myself either....but I can think of a fair few who would!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Tamiya know that should they re re the MB on a different chassis, it's no longer the MB. I highly doubt they would do that. And before anyone mentions the City Turbo, keep in mind that the original chassis it had was very old and outdated by even by late '80's RC standards. I think we'll see a proper MB re re with maybe a better diff, but hey, the guessing is half the fun. The main question will be, what do they call it? I don't think it will be the Monster Beetle. My money is on Monster Bug.

• Like 1

Great news. Hoping all the bugs have been ironed out.

I herb they have been!

Oh dear.

Seems to be a lot of Monster Beetles and parts on the bay when I looked last night - way more than over the last year when I've been working on my two restores. Wonder if it's just a coincidence :)

I want one for sure...

I love seeing the originals now starting to pop up on FeeBay a lot more frequently.

People are deciding to unload them now before the rere's are released possibly to garnish as much value as they can?

Although, that was slated as "Mudblaster 2" from day one. Hopes that Tamiya do this right... either the original parts or on the Super Blackfoot.