Klausen

Monster Beetle re-release #58618

Will MIP please make a new version of the Thorpe ball diff please? In fact, i'm going to call Eustace Moore right now.

• Like 2

Wow. Been looking for something for my boy.

until my recent purchase of a tt-02, the MB was my first and only build.

Had it on lay-by for months, sold the afternoon paper on the streets of Adelaide afterschool.

must have been 12 or 13. I balls it up, took it back to the dept. store I ggot it from.

They said I had to pay for their guy to fix it up. Luckily for me someone in the store decided to

take it home. They gave me a new one, I had learnt from my mistakes and I had a great MB.

great fun.

Would love to see my boy thrashing one of these up the sand dune.

• Like 1

And here was me thinking that 2015 was going to be the year I could hang up my wallet and not buy a new Tamiya. **** you Tamiya, **** you and your tempting re-releases. This will require one for me and one for my 5yr old. God I hope this get's confirmed soon. I always wanted an MB as a kid but they were out of my price range.

Fingers crossed!

Can someone send this link to tamiya head offices we need it now, they might put us out of our misery :lol: . I think a lot of us want this released yesterday!

They'll do what they do with the re-release but I'm one for the old chassis with a correction of the problems. It has to be hard bodied to. Err please.

• Like 1

I can't wait! I wonder if they will also release an XB version as well?! :)

I can let my shelf queen stay exactly that way. :)

I'm so glad that this rumour is around as its reignited my RC excitement for Tamiya again. Its waned a little since the Egress (which for me was the ultimate high that Tamiya could have pulled off) and as I've got pretty much every car I wanted for my collection, I'm relying on re-re's to keep draining my wallet ;)

I don't expect Tamiya to make any changes beyond the Brat/Frog re-re's, even though we'd all like to see a stronger and more reliable gearbox setup. Man, the thought of getting my hands on a shiny brand new MB kit has me giddy as badword. When I told my 5yr old about a 'MONSTER TRUCK BEETLE!' he was so excited. He's driving a blitzer beetle (painted up as Sand Scorcher) at the moment and loves his bugs. Seeing his face on Christmas day with a brand new MB kit would be priceless.

My bet will be on a Mudblaster re-re after this if it all goes ahead. Tamiya seem to have a licencing issue with Ford which they dont with Subaru, so I think the chances of a Mudblaster would be high after this one. Dont get me wrong, I'd by them all if they released them, these trucks are ultra iconic in my eyes, even if they are pretty shocking to drive ;)

My wife is going to kill me too...I'll need 3. 1 shelife. 1 runner and 1 to keep in the the box!

Two runners, in case one needs fixing. :-)

I used to joke with my wife and say "Ok, I'm going to stop buying RC stuff and let the wallet rest... (she would sigh with relief) but as soon as the Monster Beetle gets re-released, then all bets are off... don't worry though, they'll never re-release it..."

But when I stumbled in front of the tamiyablog.com post, I tell her (with much excitement) and she goes "oh no... but you have three of these... you don't need another, right?"

Naturally, we all know what my answer to her was... :)

Assuming this is actually going to happen then it will probably be announced officially by Tamiya in early/mid August. This is what has happened for the last 2 years with the Super Champ & Egress re-releases. Both kits were given an October release and showcased at the Tokyo Hobby Show in September.

• Like 1

Assuming this is actually going to happen then it will probably be announced officially by Tamiya in early/mid August. This is what has happened for the last 2 years with the Super Champ & Egress re-releases. Both kits were given an October release and showcased at the Tokyo Hobby Show in September.

I'm already anticipating August like a giddy kid before Christmas. That will give us all enough time to build up a hysterical level of excitement before we all rush to Banzai and Stella to get our orders in and have that mad panic when stock dries up and we all start running around like headless chickens ;)

God I love exciting re-re's!

• Like 1

" But when I stumbled in front of the tamiyablog.com post, I tell her (with much excitement) and she goes "oh no... but you have three of these... you don't need another, right?" Naturally, we all know what my answer to her was... :)

Funny how they know how many cars we have !

I'm already anticipating August like a giddy kid before Christmas. That will give us all enough time to build up a hysterical level of excitement before we all rush to Banzai and Stella to get our orders in.....

Unfortunately, unless circumstances change, Banzai won't be getting any in. The breakdown in their relationship with Tamiya (and Kyosho) is looking like it might be permanent.

This is the French shop that has them available on pre-order. http://www.rcteam.fr/kit-a-monter/17841-tamiya-vintage-monster-beetle-kit-58618.html

I'd say it's fairly certain that this is happening. Unless Tamiya take the hump at the "leak" and delay it....like they did with the Egress at #58500. ;););)

Hmm. The link has now been pulled by that shop. Seems like Mr Tamiya did take the hump.

Unfortunately, unless circumstances change, Banzai won't be getting any in. The breakdown in their relationship with Tamiya (and Kyosho) is looking like it might be permanent.

Daaaaaaamn, spot the man who's been out of the scene for 12 months! I had no idea. Gutted, I always used to them. Actually, a mix of them, Stella and RC Mart. Stella must be happy about this ;) I bet her custom just sky rocketed.

I think we will get an announcement of some sort from Tamiya HQ within the next 10 days. Then we can debate about which gearbox it is going to get. :)

Out of interest, has anyone fitted a King Blackfoot gearbox to their Monster Beetle themselves?

News Update.

My sources have told me, the official announcement on it's release, is this Friday (7th Aug).

I don't have a release date, but probably October.

Let the count down begin................

We will have all parts in stock, as soon as they release them.

Antony

Tony's Tamiya Parts

• Like 7

From the limited amount of info that is currently out there it certainly seems that it will be coming back in completely original form, save for the changes to the dogbones and a lack of MSC.

Oh god the excitement! I want to order a bazillion of these nooooooooooooow!