Klausen

Monster Beetle re-release #58618

AnÅ·one know what deposit fusion take on pre-orders, or is the whole amount? Want to order two but can't really afford to pay whole amount now.

Full payment ASFAIK.

I've preordered one with them via the site and the process goes through the full payment process. I wanted 2 but I'm the same, not enough spare pennies this month for two. What I'm telling myself is that for the first few months there will hardly be any left anywhere, but down the line there will be loads and 'probably' at cheaper prices. That's how most go anyway.

The first production batch of these will no doubt sell out instantly in most stores but there will be plenty more batches that come along in the months, and probably years, to follow. This kit will surely get a production run of at least a couple of years.

• Like 1

I placed a back-order for this as soon as it was "rumoured" to be re-released. Joanne at Fusion Hobbies said she would let me know as soon as the release date was announced and I am pleased to say my back-order is now in the process of ordering a brand new unopened example for little old me :D

So glad this is going ahead......I will get one NIB for now......with the 2nd NIB following just before Christmas if possible.

LOVE the Beetle!!!!!!!!! :wub:

HOLY SHAZBOTS I just learned about this for the first time right now!! I'm practically hyperventilating. Been out of the loop... glad I had a peek! I hope these don't sell out and dry up in a matter of days. :wub::lol::rolleyes::P:mellow::unsure::blink::o:huh:B)

Ben, thought you fell off the face of the earth dude

• Like 2

HOLY SHAZBOTS I just learned about this for the first time right now!! I'm practically hyperventilating. Been out of the loop... glad I had a peek! I hope these don't sell out and dry up in a matter of days.

Welcome Back , our gift to you , The monster beetle Re RE :lol: ..

• Like 3

Funnily enough his last post was almost one year ago on the Fighting Buggy thread and the content is almost identical so beefmuffin obviously has a sixth sense for sniffing out big re-releases. We will next see him in August 2016 when the Porsche 959 is announced. ;)

• Like 6

Must have. I hate that is going to be available very near to my wedding anniversary. Going to have to do something very special with the wife

Ben, thought you fell off the face of the earth dude

I've had a bit of an intense period of doing grown-up work stuff until my eyes pop out. For a little while I sublimated my Tamiya obsession into a Thinkpad obsession and started collecting and fixing up old Thinkpads. which was easier to fit around my schedule. But I exchange semi-erotic looks with my Tamiya collection every time I go into the garage. So it's only a matter of time until I manage to get back to some long-paused projects. In the mean time, I can't miss out on some of these succulent re-releases.

• Like 1

Thanks M-dog, you shouldn't have! I've been experiencing common side effects of learning about this re-re for over 4 hours and it may be a sign of a serious medical condition. The idea that I will be able to get my hands on red ORV chassis parts, gold wheels, light bars and bumpers cheaply and easily is blowing my mind. My only BEEF with it so far is the Scorcher body, rear-view mirrors and all... but I guess, what could we expect. It's more important to be available to the new generation for a reasonable price than to be stubbornly authentic. I will definitely buy one to build with my son when he 'comes of age', but aside from that I'm not sure I'd build this kit myself, since I already have great MB shelfers and runners. But for anyone that's never owned a MB, time to fix that.

• Like 1

I'm slowly gathering the extra pieces I need to mount an MB body on my Frog... MBF??? Fun stuff! This new re-re will make things a lot easier!

Terry

Put my pre-order in with Fusion to, plus one can of Italian red hehe, may need 2 lol. Good price with the discount to!

Certain models are just like a must have the MB is one, remember nearly getting blitzer beetle ages ago, as I think the MB was not sold then.

• Like 1

Really can't say I was a fan of the monster beetle back in the day, I used to race my frog against it at the local rc club and didn't like the high stance. Must admit though it does look good in those pics ....... Must resist as I want a Honda City turbo first !

Chris

Resistance is futile... lately the kits that interest me were those with hardbody...

• Like 2

It's funny, the Monster Beetle really annoyed me when it first came out. I salivated over the Blackfoot when it first appeared (on the back cover ad of RC Car Action magazine), begged and pleaded for one before it even came out, and received one for my birthday when it was still the hot new thing. I was over the moon.

Then, a couple months later, they drop the Monster Beetle. Higher-spec chassis, that awesome Beetle body, and, what, $15 more? My Blackfoot suddenly wasn't the cool new thing anymore. I did the only thing I could do: saved up my pennies and bought oil shocks and a Parma Beetle body for the Blackfoot, but it wasn't the same.

So now I have to decide if I'm still angry at the Monster Beetle for making my Blackfoot less cool, or if I want one anyway...

• Like 3

I think in the UK with tamiya club discount it's something like £117 at fusion. Good price!

• Like 1

^^ Thats an absolute bargain IMO. They could sell it for £160 and it would still be a good price IMO.

Ebay has been flooded with Monster Beetles and MB parts lately. lol.

James

:)

Was cheaper than I thought it was gona be to! I guess box will be as original to hopefully!

anything less than both would be uncivilized

*Ahem* <- avatar ;)

It's like having twin children and only wanting the one.

• Like 1

Welcome back, Monster Beetle! The years have been great to you... (you too, beefmuffin! :P )

I will be excited to see everybody's acquisitions - need to save money for school and the Canadian dollar is taking a massive hit...

• Like 1