Klausen

Monster Beetle re-release #58618

Wouw, Mr. T get these to Europe now :)

Europe more so England will take an age (end of October I've been reliably informed) but my order is with Stella so COME ON STELLA models!!!!

Omg backtomyroots, Canada already has them! That was quick. Good to see a red body too. Wish they were here in the UK too. :(

I never made it down there but I'm assuming that kit came from the zoom room. I'm really bummed I didn't go :(

• Like 1

@ dualdigger, I spent 6 hours driving and made two Starbucks pit stops to get that from zoom room hobby ($200 CDN plus tax, a real deal)

Anybody in Ontario, this is THE place for Tamiya. Incredible selection/price/service/Tamiya knowledge.

@RCcoachworks, holes in both sides for mirrors, underneath body stamped: 1986-2010 Tamiya, 58452/0979040-03

I'm assuming it's a scorcher shell re re

I grabbed it as a 40th birthday gift for myself, my wife was shocked I only came home with one :lol:.

• Like 5

I grabbed it as a 40th birthday gift for myself, my wife was shocked I only came home with one :lol:.

Hurry back :):):)

• Like 2

It isn't even september yet, glad that some people already get the MB...

Anyone noticed that the box is smaller than that of the original? This is the first time that this has happened on a faithfull re-release where the original box art has been kept.

The Holiday Buggy and Sand Rover came in different boxes of course but they were "tributes".

Also, I think this is the first time that a re-re kit has been available in stores before it has been showcased at one of the shows.

• Like 1

Anyone noticed that the box is smaller than that of the original? This is the first time that this has happened on a faithfull re-release where the original box art has been kept.

The Holiday Buggy and Sand Rover came in different boxes of course but they were "tributes".

Also, I think this is the first time that a re-re kit has been available in stores before it has been showcased at one of the shows.

And not yet released in Japan.

What size wheels are the MB's? Id like to get some pro-line all terrain tires and save the stock one for the shelf.

What size wheels are the MB's? Id like to get some pro-line all terrain tires and save the stock one for the shelf.

2.2" x 2". Tamiya pioneered the factory standard racing truck rim size. The Masher 2000's and Badlands in 2.2" would be good choices, and save the short travel suspension from a few hard bottom outs.

Thank you, and thank you for the tire recommendation as well!

Got one. Comes with red molded body. ESC included in Canadian release.

The goods:

img7434_29082015194448_1.jpg

Did you have a chance to check out the gearbox and diff yet? Any signs of improvements over the original one?

Got one. Comes with red molded body. ESC included in Canadian release.

The goods:

img7434_29082015194448_1.jpg

Did the guys at the Zoom Room say how many they have in stock?

I sure do miss the days of blister packs and tire boxes.

Would you mind posting some pictures of the G, J, and K part trees?

• Like 2

Even though none of us probably like it, you could say it's quite impressive the way they have managed to downsize the packaging. The original came in a Sand Scorcher sized box and yet somehow they have managed to squeeze the re-release into a Hornet sized one. The Scorcher box was the largest (save for the huge Bruiser one) of the '80s kits. The Hornet box was the smallest. In between the two was the Frog/Hotshot sized box.

I still wish they had used the original size for this re-release though as a bigger box always = more wow factor, IMO.

• Like 1

I don't mind the size of the box so much as how it presents when you open it up. The packaging of the original was nice and neat. The modern kits just look like a jumble of bags and a body.

Sorry, just feeling like an old curmudgeon.

• Like 1

Got one on preorder just deciding whether to get or not for sure, so many other kits to lol, anyone come across a PDFs manual yet for the re-re?

Although I'd love to see a Blackfoot re-release, it would definitely make me a little sad to see it shoehorned into a Hornet-sized box. =(