Klausen

Monster Beetle re-release #58618

+1 on the hop up diff. Or a new aftermarket option.

I've been looking at the vintage Thorp and Dirt Burners solutions on eBay and just can't defend those prices.

That cty300 has amazing selection but staggering prices as well.

Careful with that seller CTY300. You might want to remember the little "problem" our good friend Swarm had with him a few years ago:

http://tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=101817

• Like 2

Was just going to mention that, Erich! There are also a few other ebay resellers that prefer to post a picture of a mint cond used item they have multiple of and then send you their worst condition used item, rcrecycler is another one like that...

Anyone who pre ordered from Stella heard anything?

I've put a pre order from Stella and heard nothing! Thing is if it's anything like the city turbo I ordered he got them in about the same time as UK shops so I got mine a week or so later and I think I only saved about a tenner after p&p so me thinks I'm just going with UK order Stella's brilliant if your ordering a few items or high end rc's (egress etc!) I think the importer's are getting better (quicker!) For the reason people can order from anywhere!

• Like 1

I hope there will be yellow cva replacement shocks, because the shocks on my original MB runner don't work at all, that are the ones without the diaphragm.

Instead of the diaphragm they have the odd plastic oilseal with the spring in them...

As pointed out from the promo pics somewhere earlier in this thread, the dampers on the MB re-re are modern CVA II molded in yellow.

There have been other re-releases which came with the vintage CVA I Mk. 2 style of dampers that already had the diaphragm instead of the Mk. 1 spring

Is it impatient me or is this the longest wait ever for a tamiya rc to arrive in shops (apart from Canada!) It's getting boring now!, Can't remember any of the other's taking so long?

• Like 1

lol i I think the bruiser was worse for me seemed to be for ever, though it took me a good while to build it, be same with MB will look at it but prob take months to actually start build!

Anyone ordered bearings yet? would they be same as old one like RC bearings do a set?

Anyone ordered bearings yet? would they be same as old one like RC bearings do a set?

I ordered mine with my kit from fusion and they are the same as the ones used on the frog, brat etc

Cool ive put a query in with Colin at RC bearings to see to, as I plan to use on grass etc, will get rubber sealed this time.

There was a post some way back saying this will go main stream, you're right! I've not been on here for ages been busy with 1:1 stuff, but in doing so found this http://www.pistonheads.com/news/general-pistonheads/the-monster-beetle-is-back--updated/32904?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=Enews%20Bulletin&utm_content=Sub_4&utm_source=20150924

So I came right back here to check it was true & find some details. Just read right though this thread, amazing :)

I was never a huge fan of the Moster Beetle, I think as I had a Blackfoot & was a bit envious of my mates Moster Beetle with the better shocks & tyres. I preferred my scorcher & I had a 1:1 bug from 14 too so liked the scale bits of the scorcher.

I loved my Blackfoot, I still do, it's had many rebuilds, I was running it with a locked diff re-re frog bits & some proline crawler tyres with a 50t motor, it made a very good 2WD crawler with so much weight over the rear wheels. But then after my boy had broken all the other trucks (all the other blackfoot models) he wanted a fast truck to run so I put a black endurance motor in it, the frog drive shaft was poping out in no time & very shortly after the diff was clicking like mad :(

I used it hard back in the day & had very little trouble with the drive train, I think the Blackfoots hard tyres with no spikes had such little traction they didn't work the gearbox too hard. So running mine again with the same type of black endurance motor it had (& now all new frog back end) the very soft tyres just killed it in no time.

Those spiked tyres of the monster beetle give very good traction on grass so I can see lots of issues...

+1 on the hop up diff. Or a new aftermarket option.

I've been looking at the vintage Thorp and Dirt Burners solutions on eBay and just can't defend those prices.

That cty300 has amazing selection but staggering prices as well.

So I'm +1 on this too.

I'm obviously really hoping for a Blackfoot re-re now, if only for the decals!

I was just looking at a listing on eBay for a 2015 MB, and the pics show that Tamiya has not modified the G or J trees. The Blackfoot parts are still intact. Confirms what is in the new MB manual. Good news for folks looking for BF body mounts!

I suppose the Sand Scorcher re-re bodies are all gone by now and not anymore in production, as I can see Tamiya modified the molds once again? :o

I suppose the Sand Scorcher re-re bodies are all gone by now and not anymore in production, as I can see Tamiya modified the molds once again? :o

Just the side mount holes, as per the Blitzer Beetle I guess.

I haven't seen them with my own eyes, but I just received a call today telling me that my local hobby shop in Brisbane Australia has the Monster Beetle in stock.

Just the side mount holes, as per the Blitzer Beetle I guess.

The nosecone? Bonnet hole is located in a different point if I'm correct.

I thought the sand scorcher and the monster beetle had the same front mount hole and the blitzer was different, could be wrong though... and the nosecone would be modified for the spotlight mounts anyway, so not as per SS. I wonder if they filled the roof mount holes or give you red stickers? :lol:

Foot notes:

*Members already have 2015 MB's yet we are still looking at show and release photos...

*People worried about shock limiters when the front suspension of the original never really compressed anyway..

Carry on :)

I thought the sand scorcher and the monster beetle had the same front mount hole and the blitzer was different, could be wrong though... and the nosecone would be modified for the spotlight mounts anyway, so not as per SS. I wonder if they filled the roof mount holes or give you red stickers? :lol:

Foot notes:

*Members already have 2015 MB's yet we are still looking at show and release photos...

*People worried about shock limiters when the front suspension of the original never really compressed anyway..

Carry on :)

I've seen a few MB 2015's on the USA eBay with bids starting at stupid prices so they are out there and you are right about the front suspension my old mb front never moves the tyres take the shock! The shocks are just for show I think, hopefully the next few weeks all our waiting will be over!!