Klausen

Monster Beetle re-release #58618

I have a single swing arm still on the sprue... I think its a Left Side??? I'll check when I get home...

Terry

Yeah, its a left side if you want it...

Terry

Do you confirm me please that The Frog CVD are the same of the Monster Beetle and that they fit on the Wild One too?

Many thanks

Max

Frog CVD fit on WildOne, but I don't know if the're the same supplied with MB2015

• Like 1

Well I finished building mine (my little brother bought it for us, how cool is that), and here's my take.

I understand Tamiya keeping the price point down and that's a good thing, but I have some proper bearings on the way. I dunno, It didn't bother me so much during the 80's when I first had one of these......maybe having higher spec kits has spoiled me.
The Shock pistons/shafts.....well they do work ok, I just felt disappointed that it wasn't a shaft/e-clips and changeable pistons.....kind of minor. I'm about to chuck my TRF shocks on it just for ****s and giggles.

The steering. Well one of the design flaws of this buggy (much as I love it) was the fact that they slapped large wheels onto gear that wasn't best suited to run them.
In this case (bravo for the dogbones/CVbearing) the steering wanders quite a bit over bumps and what have you and needs constant tweaking. It's like the servo horn base is skipping teeth and moving about under stress. I've already ended up with the steering canted over in one direction and having to be stripped and reassembled.

So I'm thinking a metal geared servo and stronger steering horn/servo saver set up.

I also had that issue where on of the rear axles/swing arms was moving funny when I rotated the wheel. It seemed to be binding so I removed the o-ring in the drive cup and that fixed it.

Any suggestions on fixes and parts would be really cool thx.

Update on my last post. I put my TRF shocks (from a 501) on my beetle as well as the servo horn from same.

Drives like a different buggy. A bit more point and shoot, more composed over bumps.

Amazing the difference it makes. Still getting wheels jammed one way or t'other when I clip solid objects though.

Bunch of these available: http://r.ebay.com/oysGKq

I bought one, just to stick in the spare parts bin...

They ain't making any more anytime soon!

Terry

Dang! Someone came in and bought them all last night...

I'm glad I saw them when I did!

Terry

• Like 1

Terry

LOL how much u wanna bet it was jsourbeck or crunchy?

LOL how much u wanna bet it was jsourbeck or crunchy?

Ha! No kidding!

Terry

• Like 1

Don't have any of these laying around, do you?

c780b71fb39003635e3465c9349c4674.jpg

If u still need these I found the matching one for a complete pair of new trailing arms. Pic below. Yours just for cost of postage ~ $5.

22972122119_b25a072b06_b.jpg

sorry to throw this back onto the trans topic, but I was wondering if theres been any update on those trans reinforcements? I am assuming its just an alternative to the old frogshot mod and the thorp setup. Really looking to make my Mud Blaster run a bit better as it finally has a 2015 MB rear assembly and I am not really looking forward to possibly rebuilding it after a weekend of solid use. I take it as though doubling up the trans plates is not enough strength aswell?

sorry to throw this back onto the trans topic, but I was wondering if theres been any update on those trans reinforcements? I am assuming its just an alternative to the old frogshot mod and the thorp setup. Really looking to make my Mud Blaster run a bit better as it finally has a 2015 MB rear assembly and I am not really looking forward to possibly rebuilding it after a weekend of solid use. I take it as though doubling up the trans plates is not enough strength aswell?

I think it's more than strong enough personally, the issues I've been having were with the new driveshafts.

I'll get some more of these plates printed next week and get more screws, nuts and washers ordered and then start taking orders. Had a mad few weeks with work so I've not been able to look at it.

• Like 1

Terry

Dang!

AAAAAAAAAAANd I broke the servo horn.......

New High Torque servo save kit on the way. An Ally one.