Klausen

Monster Beetle re-release #58618

Get the Kimbrough Servo Saver... The $5 you spend now is worth not having to go through the headache later...

Terry

• Like 1

well, got the MK.1 flex inhibitors fabbed up lol

simple, not so elegant (lack of air at my house to run my air grinder), and most importantly cheap as chips...

1449613821.5225.iPicit.jpg

Ive got longer hardware with washers going in. Just installing it on my 2015 MB transmission assembly on my Mud Blaster right now. I'll keep you posted

update:

1449616465.7413.iPicit.jpg

Should be starting testing this evening!

• Like 3

So far so good, on my fifth 2s pack with a 20t. Lotsa wheelies, lotsa little jumps, pretty much wide open runs for the whole pack. Just have to repair a motor lead and get back out there. Really starting to love this little truck, it handles a lot better than I would have thought looking at the chassis and growing up around Maxx trucks and running modern off-roaders.

I should note, this truck is running a full 2015 rere Monster Beetle rear end so I'm starting with a completely fresh transmission with a 20t axial motor on 2s

I know a few people have kinda given me flack about running what was a shelf queen but man, these things are just too much fun. It looks nice up on the shelf and all, but it looks waaaay better in the wild!

• Like 2

I know a few people have kinda given me flack about running what was a shelf queen

That's why you buy two!

Terry

know a few people have kinda given me flack about running what was a shelf queen

That's why you buy two!

Terry

I actually can't stand the term "shelf queen". It just sounds gross to me. Like a free association combining "welfare queen" with a prize hog.

I tend to just say "shelfer"... but that feels kind of clumsy.

Can anyone think of a better term to use??

• Like 1

"Funners", "Runners", and "Stunners"...

Funners - cars you don't care if you crash b/c they are so awesome to drive... [My car is so much Fun to drive!!!]

Runners - cars you run on Race Day b/c they are primed to win... [My car will Run this race and win!!!]

Stunners - cars you keep pristine b/c they are so priceless... [My car will Stun anyone who looks at it!!!]

Terry

• Like 1

I actually can't stand the term "shelf queen". It just sounds gross to me. Like a free association combining "welfare queen" with a prize hog.

Ok , You may need to sit Down Beef :lol: ...

Shelf Queen ! Shelf Queen ! Shelf Queen !! :P ....

• Like 1

1449853321.8294.iPicit.jpg

No wheelies in snow, but she's popped the nose up a few times and caught some bunny hops through some of the snow lol. Still seems to be holding up perfectly. I think with a 17t it would be just perfect for the chassis.

• Like 2

When the Monster Beetle was re-released, I was very disappointed to see that Tamiya hadn't addressed any of the weaknesses of the gearbox. Don't get me wrong, I too appreciate the nostalgic sides of this, but as anyone with a bit of experience running the Monster Beetle (or Blackfoot, Mud Blaster) will know, the gearbox is not really up to the task, and despite the new driveshafts, that hasn't changed on the re-release. As far as I know, no complete fix exists, that is, unless the whole gearbox and rear suspension is replaced with King Blackfoot parts, which again would detract too much from the nostalgic appearance and feeling of the model.

However, I just stumbled over this at RC Universe. As the post is 2 years old and there is no update to it, it would seem that the parts never got past the CAD-stage, which would be a pity, but I still like what I see!

Link here, btw: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/6642870-unoffical-tamiya-blackfoot-thread-36.html

tukivarretjaolkaakselit.jpg

tamiyablackfootmonsterb.jpg

• Like 1

I don't mind the term shelf queen, it seem a logical thing to call them. It obviously comes from the classic car term 'trailer queen' which is a car so near perfect that the owner won't drive it in fear of it getting dirty, so he trailers it to car shows instead.

Well i'll keep everyone posted but im probably gonna drop my 15t in mine, its at about 8 runs and so far this truck with those side plates seem to be working great with the 20t thats in it right now. Rear tires are pretty much regular chevron by now, but thats about the only wear right now. Only issue I had was a dog bone popping out but it was a quick fix.

• Like 1

So I just saw a King Blackfoot servo cover (part B10) on FleaBhey at a very good price... Clicked on it and it was sold! Dang, it was only listed for 3 minutes!

So who here got it?!?

Terry

Guys! What's the most recogniseable difference between the original and the re-release Monster Beetle?

I know it must be the dog bones and maybe the space Frame is prepared for no msc usage like the Frog I assume. Something else?

Guys! What's the most recogniseable difference between the original and the re-release Monster Beetle?

I know it must be the dog bones and maybe the space Frame is prepared for no msc usage like the Frog I assume. Something else?

The Re-Re ORV chassis' have extra material at the rear of the third/bottom hole where the swing arm holder mounts (see my grey re-re Frog chassis)...

The original ORV chassis' don't have this (see my Blue Devil blue chassis)...

http://jpegbay.com/gallery/004881208-.html#2

Everything else can be swapped out, so a person could insert the old MSC plate, etc and claim its "vintage" when its not... This is one way to make sure the chassis (and therefore the car) is "vintage"...

Sometimes you'll see people (like me) upgrade their old chassis with a new re-re and still think of it as "vintage", even though it could be argued that its not anymore...

Terry

I see. Thanks for explaination. I thought the re-re ORV Chassis have more differences than just that extra hole. I only have original vintage ORV Chassis.

Btw. what was this extra hole meant for?

Eat it up boys!

VINTAGE TEAM CRP REAR BODY POST SUPPORTS BLACKFOOT 1624[/size]

http://r.ebay.com/ICu1yM[/size]

Terry[/size]

There was 20 last night & all 20 sold last night .

Now he has 10 more ?. I'm not too sure if i should ? !! .

So that's 30 sets & last night was US $15. Per set .

As i had it saved as watched item ..

• Like 1

There was 20 last night & all 20 sold last night .

Now he has 10 more ?. I'm not too sure if i should ? !! .

So that's 30 sets & last night was US $15. Per set .

As i had it saved as watched item ..

Well, one thing's for sure - any of these you buy you will be able to sell for what you paid for them. That's usually my ebay golden rule.

• Like 1

Ok , Mr Sir Beef !! I have got 3 sets coming extra , as i have just two today .

So , Now i can put a set on the blackfoot , a re re MB << when i get one & mud blaster +

have some spear for later on . If needed at some point . Not that i wanted to spend the money ,

as i would like to get that boomerang body set off you <<< i should have done :( ...

Hey guys, what would be a good set of tie rods to get if you were going to centrally mount your steering servo?